Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank owns up to a lot of mistakes

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I meant current, active coaches worse than Reich. Only one I can think of is Adam Gase. Of those you named, I'd take any of them besides Pagano over Reich.

Well of course you would...Reich is part of a grand conspiracy to keep Chad Kelly down, and I think he's doing something with Area 51 too

4 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Just my two cents, which probably mean nothing to you, but your opinion may be less important and carry less weight not because you are being negative, but because the content of some of your posts seems so immature and whiny.  

I'm probably being immature and whiny, but there was no excuse to lose to Jax. We were more talented, better coached (supposedly), had the same amount of time to prepare as they did, no real injuries. The team played like garbage and that is a coaching problem. He's taking a great team Ballard built and turning it to crap. That is on HIM. This is over 2+ years now, not a 1 game sample size. At best, he's an average coach, but he's likely no better than Pagano.

I've removed some more posts.  IDK do we need this locked?

For the record, nobody here is above a facepalm.

If you cannot handle being facepalmed, you shouldn't be posting

I mean, we have an emoji for it :facepalm:

This second round of post removals for personal arguments earns a never ending face palm from me.

never ending facepalm GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, jlid said:

Well of course you would...Reich is part of a grand conspiracy to keep Chad Kelly down, and I think he's doing something with Area 51 too

You know, comments like this will just make people agree with me. You aren't making a good case for yourself here.

Just now, Nadine said:

I've removed some more posts.  IDK do we need this locked?

For the record, nobody here is above a facepalm.

If you cannot handle being facepalmed, you shouldn't be posting

I mean, we have an emoji for it :facepalm:

This second round of post removals for personal arguments earns a never ending face palm from me.

never ending facepalm GIF

Sorry Nadine, I'll stop.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm probably being immature and whiny, but there was no excuse to lose to Jax. We were more talented, better coached (supposedly), had the same amount of time to prepare as they did, no real injuries. The team played like garbage and that is a coaching problem. He's taking a great team Ballard built and turning it to crap. That is on HIM. This is over 2+ years now, not a 1 game sample size. At best, he's an average coach, but he's likely no better than Pagano.

So, in his first year, Reich took a team that went 4-12 the previous season (without Andrew Luck), and went 10-6 in the regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs. Last year, the Colts went 7-9 without Andrew Luck and playing with their wide receivers and replacement QB banged up late in the season. Reich's record is now 18-17. OMG, he's the worst coach in the league. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Pagano went 33-15 his first three years. 

So maybe Pagano was not as bad as you make him out to be? 

• Like 1
On 9/16/2020 at 6:09 PM, Dogg63 said:

Keep your shoulder to the wheel, your ear to the ground, your eye on the ball, and your nose to the grindstone.

Now, try working in that position!

Or try not making contact with your helmet/to the ball carrier's helmet when tackling a player who's lowered his body.

Nobody will ever accuse football people of understanding physics, that's for sure.

9 hours ago, dw49 said:

What makes it worse is the fact that Jax had to think it was highly probable that we ran the ball. At that point in the game , the running game was working well. Add to that the fact that Rivers is an immobile QB , so they could pretty much figure the ball was getting handed off to Hines. That said ... pretty likely they would run behind the left side. IMO... really horrible play call. I don't hate going for it but I do think the play call and personal was terrible.

Yeah...Rivers being a statue doesn’t help in that situation...because he can’t roll out...and he’s no threat to keep it. I don’t know who the next Colts QB will be...but I would prefer a guy who is at least somewhat of a threat like that. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

So, in his first year, Reich took a team that went 4-12 the previous season (without Andrew Luck), and went 10-6 in the regular season and 1-1 in the playoffs. Last year, the Colts went 7-9 without Andrew Luck and playing with their wide receivers and replacement QB banged up late in the season. Reich's record is now 18-17. OMG, he's the worst coach in the league. 

To be fair...and I like Reich...but according to Pro Football Reference...the Colts had the second-easiest schedule the past two years...only behind NE. So in that context...while 18-16 isn’t really bad...I don’t think it’s really good either...even with Luck retiring or WRs being hurt.

Pagano went 8-8 in a season where Luck missed more than half the season (and was mostly hurt and bad in the games he did play.). I don’t think anybody considers that season to be a success. 

18 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

To be fair...and I like Reich...but according to Pro Football Reference...the Colts had the second-easiest schedule the past two years...only behind NE. So in that context...while 18-16 isn’t really bad...I don’t think it’s really good either...even with Luck retiring or WRs being hurt.

Pagano went 8-8 in a season where Luck missed more than half the season (and was mostly hurt and bad in the games he did play.). I don’t think anybody considers that season to be a success. 

According too many and some in here we have had the easiest schedule for the last decade = complete garbage IMO. Andrew Luck's record vs the division at one point was 16-2 because it was weak according to many which wasn't true at all, the Texans were good in 2012 and 2014. As of now Reich is 18-16 and we have had a good division since he started in 2018. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

According too many and some in here we have had the easiest schedule for the last decade = complete garbage IMO. Andrew Luck's record vs the division at one point was 16-2 because it was weak according to many which wasn't true at all, the Texans were good in 2012 and 2014. As of now Reich is 18-16 and we have had a good division since he started in 2018. 

There are few things less relevant than "Strength of Schedule". It is based on the years before team...which never is static, and players, efforts, lives, coaches, etc...change. Strength of schedule gives all fans one realistic value....abundant discussion. 

Little else. 

I'm not a huge fan of Reich.  But when you hire an OC to become your HC you are in for some growing pains.  And when he's overseeing a QB transition, that can skew multiple years worth of records in terms of making it tough to evaluate his performance. 

So if I were the owner I'd give him the full season in 2020.  There's a lot of football to be played, he's got a vet QB and a rookie RB who might be special, there's no reason to think he can't make a run.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:56 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Reich is a fraud and embarrassment of a coach. Only coach worse than him IMO is Adam Gase of the Jets. I literally wouldn't blink an eye if he was fired today. Absolutely has no idea how to coach a team. He can take Eberflus with him IMO and leave at the end the year.

You should post like this every week for good luck.

• Like 1