Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chase Claypool tracker

I really wanted the Colts to draft this guy, not only because of his freakish 50/50 ball ability, insane speed & physicality, and immediate big-time special teams skill, but because of his incredibly high ceiling.

For comparative purposes, Michael Pittman graded out at 53.1 in his first week of action.

Yes, it's one week.  And no, I'm not burying Pittman yet.

But I'm getting a little weary of the "it's hard for rookie WRs" excuse for Pittman.  My #1 concern for him when we drafted him was the fact that he racked up his numbers against soft Pac 12 defenses.  Notre Dame completely shut down Pittman last year by rolling a S over the top.

No team could stop Chase Claypool last year, no matter what they did.  Dude had an 11-yard AVG against UGA on the road.  Only higher average that game (12) was Kmet, another huge talent. 

Going to be tracking/comparing Claypool and Pittman in this thread all year, to see who ends up being the better 2nd round WR draft pick.

On 9/16/2020 at 1:58 PM, zibby43 said:

Yes, it's one week.  And no, I'm not burying Pittman yet.

Going to be tracking/comparing Claypool and Pittman in this thread all year, to see who ends up being the better 2nd round WR draft pick.

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

LOL, 1 game, 2 catches for 39 yards.

Hardly enough to lose sleep over or have hindsight in a draft, especially this early in the season.

Not losing sleep.  We'll see where things stand Week 16, which is the purpose of the thread.  Think it's going to make for a fascinating comparison.

I thought Claypool looked fast and strong in the Steeler game.

Didnt see much of him or Pittman in college but Claypool passes my “eye test” higher for no teal reason other than what i’ve seen.

I was wondering what the “experts” thought made Pittman “better” for us.  Another words, why Reich and Ballard preferred Pittman.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 1:23 AM, zibby43 said:

Not losing sleep.  We'll see where things stand Week 16, which is the purpose of the thread.  Think it's going to make for a fascinating comparison.

One person's fascinating comparison is another's waste of time.

I am interested to see the comparison between Claypool and Pittman over the course of the season. When I was churning out mock drafts I'd always have one of the 2 in my drafts lol. Both big bodied receivers and I will admit, after the combine I really wanted Claypool but I like Pittman as well so hope he turns out better obviously.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Pittman with some nice catches today, too.

Claypool continuing to show his explosiveness. 

Yeah and Pittman was suppose to b the most ready Wr and Claypool was raw. Hmmmm. One thing I will say. The Steelers keep churning out wr's. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...