Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves - Fountain Elevated to 53 Man Roster

I wouldnt mind seeing what Fountain has to offer.

Also, Pittman looks like its taking him a while to progress to whete we need him.

As a comparison, chase claypool looked strong, fast, and ready to go.  I’m not saying chase is better (i didnt see much of them in college), but he looks more “ready” and evenmore physical to me. Maybe its the culture.  Pitt players always seem more physical than us.

Also, everyone notice Zack Banner starting at RT?

35 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Why do we need a 7th WR on the active roster? 

That is a bit confusing.   I know Mack freed a spot on the roster, but I would have thought WR would be the last position to move off the practice squad.   Excited to see Fountain though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Also, Pittman looks like its taking him a while to progress to whete we need him.

As a comparison, chase claypool looked strong, fast, and ready to go.  I’m not saying chase is better (i didnt see much of them in college), but he looks more “ready” and evenmore physical to me. Maybe its the culture.  Pitt players always seem more physical than us.

didn't notice banner. where you seeing that?

Pittman did ok his first game.  Very tough to judge players going into this season.

Just now, csmopar said:

Pittman did ok his first game.  Very tough to judge players going into this season.

Banner was starting for the Steelers and playing well... but he got injured and is out for the season(torn ACL) :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really nice for him. Maybe Zach injury is going to cause him to miss Sunday. I think he finished the game after getting injured but maybe that’s it. Remember players don’t have to go through waivers the first couple times so it will be easy to move people back and forth.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Banner was starting for the Steelers and playing well... but he got injured and is out for the season(torn ACL) :(

i was gonna say, i didn't see his name on the colts anywhere. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I know.  I wasnt bashing Pittman, i just didnt see the as much physical play as i did by claypool (1 game i realize)

inoticed Banner was on team last year too.  He started and played RT against NYG.  Im in steeler country so i know the team well.

i also heard Ebron didnt impress.  I saw he had some catches, but heard was underwhelming.  
go figure. Haha.  Wonder if it was drops.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

wow!  I missed that.

hate to see that happen to anyone. (Especially “our” guys)

Big Ben gets under my skin, so i didnt watch the whole game.  I have to listen to steeler fans brag every day.  It gets old.  And i’m still salty from the year they beat us with Bettis (‘05?)That was supposed to be our year too i thought. 

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

wow!  I missed that.

hate to see that happen to anyone. (Especially “our” guys)

Big Ben gets under my skin, so i didnt watch the whole game.  I have to listen to steeler fans brag every day.  It gets old.  And i’m still salty from the year they beat us with Bettis (‘05?) The Vandy “shank” game.  That was supposed to be our year too i thought. 

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

I read that he'd ballooned to 420lbs a couple years ago and had finally started taking his health and football career seriously. He was playing at around 340lbs this season and was excited, then tore the ACL. The injury broke his spirit for sure. :(

15 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

i also heard Ebron didnt impress.  I saw he had some catches, but heard was underwhelming.  
go figure. Haha.  Wonder if it was drops.

He went 1 of 2 for 18 yards. I didn't hear if his other was a drop or not. Their other TE was also only targeted twice. No clear #1 TE for them yet.

Now, back to the thread:

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

fountain has earned it. Doubt he'll be active game day, but never know

Agree - glad to see him on the 53! Doubt he'll be active though. We have a deep WR corps and hopefully none of them get hurt this season. Wouldn't that be a pleasant change of pace? :sip:

52 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Hey I’m interested to see what Fountain brings to the Colts on game day. Pittman is having a slow start to his pro career. But I must say concerning Pittman in last week game. Two targets and two catches.  You can only produce when your number is called and the ball is thrown your way.  This while only for 10 yards, gives Colts nation a small preview of his ability once he gets up to speed with everything. He can produce when called upon.

7 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

Hey I’m interested to see what Fountain brings to the Colts on game day. Pittman is having a slow start to his pro career. But I must say concerning Pittman in last week game. Two targets and two catches.  You can only produce when your number is called and the ball is thrown your way.  This while only for 10 yards, gives Colts nation a small preview of his ability once he gets up to speed with everything. He can produce when called upon.

Slow start? It’s 1 game. Meanwhile, Fountain has been here how long and done what?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

It worked a few years ago in NE. Was it Brown?  I forget.

Yeah...Troy Brown did it one season. I thought there was another one as well. 

I was obviously joking...but in a hypothetical sense...I bet someone like Campbell might actually be able to pull it off.

33 minutes ago, JR Indy said:

I really like the kid (pittman) and am hoping for the best.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Yeah...Troy Brown did it one season. I thought there was another one as well. 

I was obviously joking...but in a hypothetical sense...I bet someone like Campbell might actually be able to pull it off.

Cant do any worse than Rhodes did. Ha

21 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Slow start? It’s 1 game. Meanwhile, Fountain has been here how long and done what?

1. This is his third year

2.Nothing, but he was injured 

3. This is Fountain chance, will he produce? I don’t know. If he can, that’s great for the Colts. If he can’t then he won’t be here for long.

4. One thing is for sure. The talent level on this team has improved. And it is getting better 

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea felt bad for Banner. They said he worked so hard to get that starting job then tears his ACL in the first game

Hoping they give my guy Fountain a real chance to do some things in this game.

Hilton

Campbell

Fountain

Patmon

Pittman

Pascal

At some point I'd like to see us stay with the above lineup.  Gives us a lot of speed and big bodies to create match up problems with.   You can do a lot of damage over the middle with Pittman and Patmon playing at the same time in addition to what you can do with the deep ball.   I think we should roll with 6 Wrs especially with how light we are at TE. 

Indy SportsOne

@IndySportsOne

Frank Reich has been gushing about the progress he's seen from Daurice Fountain. "Reece is explosive. He had a great practice today. Had a couple of spectacular catches."

1:02 PM · Sep 18, 2020

20 people are Tweeting about this

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Green not Clarke in if A.C. sits out, interesting

Not sure that unofficial depth chart means much. I think Green has been listed as the depth behind AC every game so far, but last week when AC was out for 4 snaps it was Clark who went on the field.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:03 AM, John Waylon said:

Why do we need a 7th WR on the active roster? 

Why not?  They are all somewhat different.  With the loss of Campbell and Pittman, i think we can utilize unique skills of each for plays/ packages.

or perhaps there was word that another team was gonna grab him to their 53.

Plus, if the Browns go off like last week, we will need them all.

Those boys gonna be TIRED!

btw, 7?  I didnt look yet, but i’m having trouble counting 7. Dulin is mainly ST anyway.

EDIT:

Haha!!!!!!

just looked at original post.

i guess i’m a lil late to the party.

8 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Today, Fountain is listed on the unofficial Colts roster for Sunday as a starting WR along with Hilton and Pascal.

Patmon is listed behind Hilton.

Dulin is listed behind Fountain.

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-walker-anthony-castonzo-depth-chart-cleveland-browns-week-5-2020 

Still wish we could see Patmon get some snaps on the outside at X. 

Happy to see Fountain get a shot though. He's more of a Z to me though. He can certainly climb the tree though.

One thing that was a head scratcher to me as far as snaps goes, why no Tavon Wilson at all vs Chicago after a darn good showing two weeks ago.

• Like 1