Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Odell Beckham trade winds blowing again

danlhart87

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Yeah but the tradewinds won't be blowing him over here.

I could see him going to New England because they are real desperate for play makers and I could see him and Cam Newton getting along. 

Hah, it's like Belichick goes out of his way to sign controversy. He's signed Tim Tebow, Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss, Ochocinco, I'm probably missing others. I'm convinced Belichick feeds on negative energy. I guess we can count resigning McDaniels at the last moment from the Colts.

8 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Hah, it's like Belichick goes out of his way to sign controversy. He's signed Tim Tebow, Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss, Ochocinco, I'm probably missing others. I'm convinced Belichick feeds on negative energy. I guess we can count resigning McDaniels at the last moment from the Colts.

I sort of think the opposite.  Aside from Tebow (who isn't anywhere near 'negative'), all of those guys were very talented football players.  Belichek is a very discipline-oriented coach.  None of them acted up when they were in New England - in part, probably, because they were winning.  OBJ is a rare talent, but he's also a prima donna when allowed to be one -- Belichek is one of the few coaches in the league who I think could temper him a bit and get him to focus more on being productive on the field than off it.  Really the only guy I remember Belichek bringing in who did pan out was Antonio Brown (who Belichek got rid of after 2 weeks for being a punk).  Josh Gordon also only last 11 games in NE in 2018-19 before failing a drug test, but he's a different beast (his issues are from being heavy into drugs and alcohol since being a very young teenager or pre-teen, nothing like OBJ or some of the other guys you mentioned).

Archived