Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Was the oline 100% healthy?

NannyMcafee

Lack of run play calling has happened on the road several times:

1. Chiefs playoff divisional round game early on

2. 0-6 game in Jacksonville

3. Yesterday though I felt it was balanced.

This has been a recurring theme with Frank a lot of times on the road. However, at home, he tends to stick to it though 4 passes with Brian Hoyer against the Dolphins was a head scratcher. The only time I have really seen him stick with it on the road is vs Mahomes and the Chiefs in the regular season last year.  So I don't think it is a factor of the OL.

In the modern NFL, if you have a good QB, you typically go 60-40. 70-30 would be more like abandoning the run in the current NFL. You go in spurts sometimes, based on end of game situations, sometimes even Arians would call 5 or 6 runs in a row. Maybe having JB as QB leads to more running??

Something was definitely off. They couldn’t get the run game going, and defenders were in the backfield way too often. 

It’s not a stretch to think that a lack of preseason dress rehearsals coupled with nagging last minute ailments contributed to poor protection and blocking. 

Even Nelson looked off, from his usual self. 

Nelson’s dealt with back issues for a while...and all I’m gonna say is I thought it kinda showed on that 4th down run with Hines.  

It wasn’t a good play call, and it’s hard to describe. But it seemed like Nelson froze after he initially blocked his guy, which could be anything, I mean he blocked the guy to his knees, but the way Nelson held up after? Seemed a lot like a guy whose back is hurting.

7 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Nelson’s dealt with back issues for a while...and all I’m gonna say is I thought it kinda showed on that 4th down run with Hines.  

It wasn’t a good play call, and it’s hard to describe. But it seemed like Nelson froze after he initially blocked his guy, which could be anything, I mean he blocked the guy to his knees, but the way Nelson held up after? Seemed a lot like a guy whose back is hurting.

My father has vack issues. And thats what I was thinking. He looked weak for Nelson. And youre far from weak pushing through back pain 

Archived