Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mack done for the year/will we replace Mack after this season? ((Merge))

23 hours ago, Myles said:

I hope the market for Mack isn't much and we can sign him for cheap.   I doubt that happens, but I hope so.  

I don't think you just made Mack's wife and/or family happy.

I like Mack, I had him in my mock.

I hope gets enough to take care of his family and live comfortably for the rest of his life.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean thank god Ballard drafted a RB and we were prepared to lose the starter

Good news for Taylor. I have to wonder whether it's Mack's high character or if it's him praying the Colts will value him enough to re-sign him next year. Probably quite a bit of both. Either way, gla

Over Mike Hart?   I think not. 

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I don't think you just made Mack's wife and/or family happy.

I like Mack, I had him in my mock.

I hope gets enough to take care of his family and live comfortably for the rest of his life.

He's already received over $4 million, so there is no reason to worry about his family.

If I were Ballard, I would definitely try and get Mack re-signed. I know Mack will probably want to stay behind our line that he knows best and he hopefully knows he has injury concerns. I think we should get something done with him because his running and pass catching is undeniable, he’s got great talent and helps this team win when we’re a run first team. 

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

If I were Ballard, I would definitely try and get Mack re-signed. I know Mack will probably want to stay behind our line that he knows best and he hopefully knows he has injury concerns. I think we should get something done with him because his running and pass catching is undeniable, he’s got great talent and helps this team win when we’re a run first team. 

I think Mack will definitely check the free agent market before he would settle for a much discounted deal in Indy.  

13 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

yeah, and I’d venture to say he could still pull $10-15 in free agency

Mack can get $10-15M? No way he gets that right now. The only way Mack can get that is if he can come back, stay healthy for a season and produces big.

I can't see any team committing that type of money to a RB coming off an achilles tear...who has had prior injury issues. Guys like Lendale White, Mikel Leshoure, Kendall Hunter...played for a year and then were pretty much done. Arian Foster was older...but it was basically the end of his career as well. There will be teams that roll the dice on a one-year deal...but not a normal RB FA deal. 

It really sucks for Mack...maybe he can buck the trend.

7 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Mack can get $10-15M? No way he gets that right now. The only way Mack can get that is if he can come back, stay healthy for a season and produces big.

I can't see any team committing that type of money to a RB coming off an achilles tear...who has had prior injury issues. Guys like Lendale White, Mikel Leshoure, Kendall Hunter...played for a year and then were pretty much done. Arian Foster was older...but it was basically the end of his career as well. There will be teams that roll the dice on a one-year deal...but not a normal RB FA deal. 

It really sucks for Mack...maybe he can buck the trend.

10-15 million contract? Absolutely... He shouldn’t settle for anything less than a 3 or 4 year- $12-16 million deal. He’s a starting runningback, and will undoubtedly come back strong from this. My guess is someone will take him in FA, if not the Colts... and with Taylor on a rookie deal, that type of deal to put the two together is not out of the question, in my opinion.