Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mod Note - Choices, Trolling And The Golden Rules

Peytongirl

Hey PeytonGirl I think its time for a name change. What you think about 'Luck-yGirl' or ' GriffinGirl'?

I *rrreeeaaalllyyyy* hope that you left off that winking, smiling emoticon, showing that you meant that as a joke. :D I mean, really hope you did.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say your name? Quite frankly I get you and appreciate your humor and masked sarcasm. You weren't part of my reply....why so paranoid?

Just pointing out that moderation is handled behind the scenes and you will be unaware of any action/warnings that may have taken place (regarding favoritism). I was just citing example of non-biased moderation. We really need to get everyone talking about Colts football and not each other. We'll get there as the season cranks up. Frankly, I'm tapped with emotional drain from all the goings-on and am ready and welcoming of change.

The intent of this thread is purely to remind people of the rules as those rules are often glossed over or forgotten when people call each other "bandwagoners, Luck Fans, Manning Fans" ....etc

This is not going to be a bash the moderation thread (which is against the rules to do so on the forum, btw). If ANY of you see a post that is problematic, report it. It will be reviewed and handled by the mod team.

Guess what? Those results are not made public. You don't get to know what happened. So you don't know when an issue has been dealt with.

This is not an "air your grievances" thread. It was made more of a reminder to most and a warning to many.

Take it as you will.

You opened "Pandora's Box"...deal with it. Your thread wasn't needed if the forum was properly moderated....quite simple really? Ban me as I know you will and quite frankly could care less as you know less about human interaction then you do about football.

Just pointing out that moderation is handled behind the scenes and you will be unaware of any action/warnings that may have taken place (regarding favoritism). I was just citing example of non-biased moderation. We really need to get everyone talking about Colts football and not each other. We'll get there as the season cranks up. Frankly, I'm tapped with emotional drain from all the goings-on and am ready and welcoming of change.

The intent of this thread is purely to remind people of the rules as those rules are often glossed over or forgotten when people call each other "bandwagoners, Luck Fans, Manning Fans" ....etc

Read my reply to the OP without a clue....

If you honestly don't understand that accusing another member of being one of those things accomplishes nothing besides inciting a fight with them, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Perhaps just that if you think that somebody is one of those things, than debate the topic with them in a civilized manner and try to prove them wrong. Labeling somebody is just throwing down a gauntlet that they will feel compelled to respond to in kind. Besides, there are plenty of other words to chose from, and the ones listed must be getting pretty worn out by now. Well at least I'm tired of reading them.

Robert Griffin III is black.

Am I gonna be banned now? Did I incite a fight with that?

On the subject, Saints players denying the bounty are liars and cheaters. Several people jumped on the Tebow bandwagon. Girlfriends and wives dragged to games aren't true fans.

I think I'll stand back and watch the mass brawl this post just clearly caused, don't want to get any blood on my nice white suit or I'll have to do a Ray Lewis. Oh no, I used another word!

You opened "Pandora's Box"...deal with it. Your thread wasn't needed if the forum was properly moderated....quite simple really? Ban me as I know you will and quite frankly could care less as you know less about human interaction then you do about football.

Wyld,

The thread was created to try and help everyone remember the rules. Too much has been said on both sides of EVERY subject here.

Too much division, conflict and too much nastiness. Time to try and find our way back.

Some appreciate the courtesy of a reminder and apparently some do not. That is interesting.

But hey, whatever. Like I said. Take it as you will. Seems you did.

Dan, that is not being reasonable. It is all about context. You are very intelligent and know what is meant. No need for the snarkiness. :(

In what context should a forum member be looked down upon for using the words black, white, liar or cheater?! Obviously if we disregard racism which doesn't need particular guidelines, I see no reason for those words to be blacklisted. If someone is lying they have every right to be called a liar, and how do you cheat at forums?

And how about sarcasm? I'm sure you were being sarcastic by calling me "very intelligent" - may we respond to every post with gleeful sarcasm? Is saying "Well done, great reasoning you super genius" any better than "No, you cretin"?

I think the words would be buh bye :)

I'd rather not see longtime members leave over an emotional stand. Rule reminder threads are commonplace. As well, there are certain key-word/phrases that when used in a certain context apply a general label to fans, which causes a nasty retort.

Dan....c'mon man. We all know how to turn words into weapons and there are certain words/phrases that have become a part of the lexicon here and need to be done away with in certain contexts. That's all she's sayin....

I'd rather not see longtime members leave over an emotional stand. Rule reminder threads are commonplace. As well, there are certain key-word/phrases that when used in a certain context apply a general label to fans, which causes a nasty retort.

Dan....c'mon man. We all know how to turn words into weapons and there are certain words/phrases that have become a part of the lexicon here and need to be done away with in certain contexts.  That's all she's sayin....

When you call out a mod like that, it's hard to ignore..

In what context should a forum member be looked down upon for using the words black, white, liar or cheater?! Obviously if we disregard racism which doesn't need particular guidelines, I see no reason for those words to be blacklisted. If someone is lying they have every right to be called a liar, and how do you cheat at forums?

And how about sarcasm? I'm sure you were being sarcastic by calling me "very intelligent" - may we respond to every post with gleeful sarcasm? Is saying "Well done, great reasoning you super genius" any better than "No, you cretin"?

No, I think you are a very intelligent person. We have had discussions before. That was not meant in any other way than how it was said, truthfully. That is why I don't understand why you are making a meal out this.

If you word something with the intent on being insulting, then you made an insult. How hard is that? If your intent is to be inflammatory, then it will probably will come across that way. :dunno:

Dan....c'mon man. We all know how to turn words into weapons and there are certain words/phrases that have become a part of the lexicon here and need to be done away with in certain contexts. That's all she's sayin....

And all I'm saying it doesn't need to be turned into a nursery. Her examples of "black and white" were particularly irritating. There's always the issue that rules apply to some but not others but I've been into that before...

When you call out a mod like that, it's hard to ignore..

What do you propose they do?! Ban me for speaking my mind? How does that solve anything, what kind of example does that prove? I've not called the moderation team a bunch of *s nor suggested they're unfit for their jobs! I've called them out before and had respectable discussions with them (namely PeytonGirl herself and 21isSuperman) so I highly doubt they'd get rid of me for "calling them out". Who was it before that started removing anybody who dissented...? Brown shirts, red armbands, can't remember their names. Yeah, turned out shooting anybody who disagreed wasn't a good idea. I think the moderators of this site are far more respectable than that.

I *rrreeeaaalllyyyy* hope that you left off that winking, smiling emoticon, showing that you meant that as a joke. :D I mean, really hope you did.

you'll change mind soon enough..I predict by season's end when Luck or Griffin is shattering records and hoisting up the ROY trophy..

Also I'm new here but if I may ask why is there a TOM BRADY emoticon??? not only is that sacrilegious but an abomination to this board to honor a PATRIOT in that fashion..only thing I hate more than a Laker is a Patriot..I feel like throwing up.

No, I think you are a very intelligent person. We have had discussions before. That was not meant in any other way than how it was said, truthfully. That is why I don't understand why you are making a meal out this.

If you word something with the intent on being insulting, then you made an insult. How hard is that? If your intent is to be inflammatory, then it will probably will come across that way. :dunno:

Then there's the issue on boundaries - is this thread simply as black and white (pardon the wording) as to say "don't call somebody an *"? Because if so reminder threads aren't necessary - deal with it as appropriate. However regularly do certain posters talk in such a condescending manner to people who disagree with them that nothing but disrespect is intended, yet because no actual insulting words are used they can walk away free - you can't punish someone for ambiguous semantics, can you?

you'll change mind soon enough..I predict by season's end when Luck or Griffin is shattering records and hoisting up the ROY trophy..

Also I'm new here but if I may ask why is there a TOM BRADY emoticon??? not only is that sacrilegious but an abomination to this board to honor a PATRIOT in that fashion..only thing I hate more than a Laker is a Patriot..I feel like throwing up.

Didn't know there was one, but it's probably there for saying :manning: > :brady: ... :) If that one is Brady...

And all I'm saying it doesn't need to be turned into a nursery. Her examples of "black and white" were particularly irritating. There's always the issue that rules apply to some but not others but I've been into that before...

What do you propose they do?! Ban me for speaking my mind? How does that solve anything, what kind of example does that prove? I've not called the moderation team a bunch of *s nor suggested they're unfit for their jobs! I've called them out before and had respectable discussions with them (namely PeytonGirl herself and 21isSuperman) so I highly doubt they'd get rid of me for "calling them out". Who was it before that started removing anybody who dissented...? Brown shirts, red armbands, can't remember their names. Yeah, turned out shooting anybody who disagreed wasn't a good idea. I think the moderators of this site are far more respectable than that.

To start with wasn't even made about you. They will deal with the people they find in violation of the rules. If it is you it is you. If it is me, then it is me.

That is very rude imo. Pg has no reason to change her name because someone else wants her to. It is really her personal decision and none of anyone else's business.

omg i was joking..geez relax why would I just disrespect her for no reason especially since she is a mod?

Smiles or winks, like PeytonGirl referenced earlier, always help with understanding the true intent of posts. Sorry you were misunderstood; maybe you could clear that up with her personally. Not sure if you know or not, but PG took the release of Peyton pretty hard. So, the last stuff she needed on this thread was a bunch of flak from everyone, misunderstood or not.

By the way, have a good night!

Good grief!!! What is the problem?

PG merely reminded everyone to follow the rules that you agreed to when you registered. To be respectful and civil. To think before you post.

@ruksak I know I am dating myself, but I still have my love beads. So, sign me up.

I was kinda hoping the sarcasm would've been obvious but ok I'll remember next time

The problem is that others have singled out PG before telling her that she should change her name. I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone telling others that they should change their name.

For example, we have The Peytonator . . . who also has a reference to Peyton in his name.

We have firejimcaldwell . . . Caldwell is no longer with the Colts.

We have unitaswestand . . . Unitas is no longer with the Colts (may he R.I.P.)

Perhaps it is because she is a moderator, but that is unfair. Moderators should have the same rights as members.

Which reminds me. One of the moderators is 21isSuperman. A tribute to Bob Sanders, who also is no longer a Colt. Yet, I can't remember him receiving as much grief as PG has been given.

A few notes.

The post you reference was not made about you (I do not believe).

The black/white comment was made because several posters had problems by getting into racial comments regarding QBs (especially Luck and RG3). It was a no racism reminder, nothing else.

Your veiled reference was not missed, nor appreciated. :sigh: I call Godwin's law.

You can take this suggestion or not, but since you seem to find these reminders offensive...perhaps you would be better served posting in another topic before something is said that cannot be taken back.

That goes for everyone.

As shecolt said, the post was made for everyone's benefit. Nothing more, nothing less. The mods are under no obligation whatsoever to communicate to the members. The rules are posted. It is your responsibility to read and follow them. If you don't, we are charged with the obligation of keeping the forum running smoothly.

You could simply get a pm/email saying you have been warned/suspended/banned and that is that.

Posting rule reminders is not my favorite way of spending a Friday night. ;) Being harangued about doing my job is certainly not high on my list.

The problem is that others have singled out PG before telling her that she should change her name. I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone telling others that they should change their name.

For example, we have The Peytonator . . . who also has a reference to Peyton in his name.

Perhaps it is because she is a moderator, but that is unfair. Moderators should have the same rights as members.

Which reminds me. One of the moderators is 21isSuperman. A tribute to Bob Sanders, who also is no longer a Colt. Yet, I can't remember him receiving as much grief as PG has been given.

ok ok..i realize i have to walk around eggshells around here with what I say..I didn't know it was that serious where people would feel offended about a screen name.. :(:flowers::sorry: :topic: :brady: :unicorn: :star:

Robert Griffin III is black.

Am I gonna be banned now? Did I incite a fight with that?

On the subject, Saints players denying the bounty are liars and cheaters. Several people jumped on the Tebow bandwagon. Girlfriends and wives dragged to games aren't true fans.

I think I'll stand back and watch the mass brawl this post just clearly caused, don't want to get any blood on my nice white suit or I'll have to do a Ray Lewis. Oh no, I used another word!

lol well played sir

A few notes.

The post you reference was not made about you (I do not believe).

The black/white comment was made because several posters had problems by getting into racial comments regarding QBs (especially Luck and RG3). It was a no racism reminder, nothing else.

Your veiled reference was not missed, nor appreciated. :sigh: I call Godwin's law.

You can take this suggestion or not, but since you seem to find these reminders offensive...perhaps you would be better served posting in another topic before something is said that cannot be taken back.

That goes for everyone.

As shecolt said, the post was made for everyone's benefit. Nothing more, nothing less. The mods are under no obligation whatsoever to communicate to the members. The rules are posted. It is your responsibility to read and follow them. If you don't, we are charged with the obligation of keeping the forum running smoothly.

You could simply get a pm/email saying you have been warned/suspended/banned and that is that.

Posting rule reminders is not my favorite way of spending a Friday night. ;) Being harangued about doing my job is certainly not high on my list. :angry:

The like button works so well for me since I'm not a moderator.... I can't say exactly what I want to since it might spark some problems, but you and the other mods here have pretty much spoken for me.

Oh, and, "Go Colts!"

This simply isn't true. I have just about every mod on my friends list and only a few weeks ago I got banned for 24 hours because I wanted to say something without thinking first. They had no problem putting a boot in my rear (rightfully so) and I'm about as much of a regular here as anyone.

Now that I got this off of my chest...

http://youtu.be/g2wD5TaMf2k

Sign me up please. :flowers:

Yes, you may be new here so you may not get the history of our forum. But we have a good number of Patriot fans on here. In fact, one of our longest standing members (and mods) is a Pats fan.

Over the years and through the many versions of this forum, we have enjoyed lively debates with our Patriot friends and somewhere down the line, we got into the fun of...

Peyton vs. Brady or Cake vs. Pie.

So when some new emoticons were added, these were among them for fun.

:manning: :brady: :cake::pie:

It is not to honor Tom necessarily, just because he is talked about a lot. :)

Oh I've been told I should change mine... I might.. When I think of something I like.

My top 3-5 choices wouldn't fly at this point so I'll stick with good old firejimcaldwell for now.