Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is T.Y. Hilton washed up? Just asking for a friend!!!

6 hours ago, krunk said:

Yeah Harrison was dropping balls, fumbling and getting blanketed

Everything went down hill for Marv after his knee injury vs Denver. He was never the same and retired soon after. He hit his knee just right. The area that ties your upper and lower leg. He just couldn't seperate anymore, and lost his quickness. 

I dont think it relates to TY so much. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm glad no one in the thread blamed the roof.  I can't believe how much people are whining about the roof being open.  Listening to JMV, he spent about 20 minutes on the roof.  Thirteen years into th

There will be nothing normal about this year.    Not with an off-season that got mostly eliminated.   Not with an off/season that had no pre-season games.   Everyone is playing their way into shape an

He did say this was going to be a different team. Looks like the same old slow starting team. 

11 hours ago, Myles said:

I didn't think it was the timing at all in his 3 major drops in the first 2 games.  The balls were right to him and he just butter-fingered them.  

That said, tnColts fan saying he wouldn't even start for 5 teams in the league is total nonsense.  He would start for every team.  Not the #1 for every team, but a starter.  

After the long TD drop, I like how Rivers went right back to him.

That was like Rivers saying "Shake it off man. I believe in you and heres another one to get going !!"

• Like 2

Hilton is only 30 years old. I don't think he is washed up by any means. Especially not with him saying that he legitimately feels the best he has felt in his career. 

I played WR and receivers go through dry spells. Sometimes it's your fault & sometimes it is not. 

The two drops at the end of week 1 were both tightly contested. It's not like he was wide open. However; he's a great receiver and should of caught them. 

He should of caught the deep pass. No excuses. However; let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if he plays the next 3-4 games like the first two, I'll be worried. 

I'm not even sure if we resign him if he is asking for $15 million+ per year. However; people saying that he's washed is ridiculous. 

Michael Thomas had an awful week 1. Is he washed?

• Thanks 1

There will be nothing normal about this year.    Not with an off-season that got mostly eliminated.   Not with an off/season that had no pre-season games.   Everyone is playing their way into shape and mud-season form.  

Don’t be surprised by anything that does or doesn’t happen.  Expect the unexpected.   Or didn’t you hear about the end of the Dallas—Atlanta game?

Im glad the soft part of our schedule is up front.   Because after the bye week,  it’s time to put on our Big Boy Uniforms and step up. 

just hope for the best and hold on tight. 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There will be nothing normal about this year.    Not with an off-season that got mostly eliminated.   Not with an off/season that had no pre-season games.   Everyone is playing their way into shape and mud-season form.  

Don’t be surprised by anything that does or doesn’t happen.  Expect the unexpected.   Or didn’t you hear about the end of the Dallas—Atlanta game?

Im glad the soft part of our schedule is up front.   Because after the bye week,  it’s time to put on our Big Boy Uniforms and step up. 

Yeah, another 5-2 start like last year could go south soon if we are not prepared, wins are too precious to take for granted, get 'em while you can. :)  That is why we got Rivers, for that home stretch of games with his experience.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah in the 1st 7 games we need to come out of it at least 5-2 because after that it gets tough. If we lose to the Jets this week, the forum will implode.

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So noe he is motivated because his grandmother called him out??  Now I can sleep tonight.

I either laughed with you or at you. Either way, nice troll! haha

On 9/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, tncoltsfan57 said:

Don't get me wrong I know he's been a great player for the Colts but honestly I don't feel he has ever been a "clutch" player. I know of several instances where he was the go-to receiver in a clutch do-or-die situation and he either couldn't get separation or dropped the ball. This has happened with the numerous QB's we've had over the past few years. It seems he's either hurt or going through the motions especially the past 3 years and I think it's time to move on and get a big physical receiver with that "clutch" capability. I'd like your thoughts and please, be honest.

When Hilton puts up huge numbers later on today I want you to apologize to everyone on here then delete this post.

18 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

When Hilton puts up huge numbers later on today I want you to apologize to everyone on here then delete this post.

I never thought of it quite like that but If there is a time, today is the day. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I never thought of it quite like that but If there is a time, today is the day. 

I agree with you. Someone needs to tell Jim Irsay to close the roof today. I have a big feeling Hilton is going to have a huge day.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, AZColt11 said:

I get it.  I would just love us to find that next Julio or Larry or Calvin.  I'd be hyped.

Looks like we may have missed him with DK Metcalf who looks like the beast receiver his beastly numbers looked like at the combine.  I recall wanting to get Paris as my #1 choice, but Metcalf was number two and his running mate Brown was my third choice. I am glad we got Paris but imagine if we'd hauled them both in? There was opportunity I believe. It has been puzzling to me why we have kept the WR position so bare. Hilton needs to get on track because Pittman isn't quite ready though I bet either he or Pascal scores a TD, maybe both, this week. 

Is there any reason why Pascal shouldn't be getting more targets? He's been under utilized this season IMO. 

• Like 1

TY should break his unlucky non-100 yards streak today. That is unless Desir has a huge game. 

Given their DB injuries, I really could see a lot of opportunity later in the game. Just wonder how much we're going to throw it. 

• Like 1

Yea TY looks slow getting run down by Lbs and his hand are not there this year , I think he played his last year in IND if he don’t come at a discount . I really saw Paris replacing him but he can’t stay healthy so we gonna have to get back in the draft pool for WR again after a TE 

5 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Looks like we may have missed him with DK Metcalf who looks like the beast receiver his beastly numbers looked like at the combine.  I recall wanting to get Paris as my #1 choice, but Metcalf was number two and his running mate Brown was my third choice. I am glad we got Paris but imagine if we'd hauled them both in? There was opportunity I believe. It has been puzzling to me why we have kept the WR position so bare. Hilton needs to get on track because Pittman isn't quite ready though I bet either he or Pascal scores a TD, maybe both, this week. 

Is there any reason why Pascal shouldn't be getting more targets? He's been under utilized this season IMO. 

I'm curious as to what makes you think he's not ready yet?  6 catches in 8 targets isn't bad for his first competitive NFL action, in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm curious as to what makes you think he's not ready yet?  6 catches in 8 targets isn't bad for his first competitive NFL action, in my opinion.

I think it's a fair assumption given what we heard from practice/camp, the fact Pascal was starting ahead of him, and comments directly from Reich. That doesn't mean he can't be baptized by fire though, and ball out doing so.

• Thanks 1
On 9/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, tncoltsfan57 said:

Don't get me wrong I know he's been a great player for the Colts but honestly I don't feel he has ever been a "clutch" player. I know of several instances where he was the go-to receiver in a clutch do-or-die situation and he either couldn't get separation or dropped the ball. This has happened with the numerous QB's we've had over the past few years. It seems he's either hurt or going through the motions especially the past 3 years and I think it's time to move on and get a big physical receiver with that "clutch" capability. I'd like your thoughts and please, be honest.

Hmmm.  If "just asking for a friend" - shouldn't you be speaking in "third-person?"   :lecture:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have we ever had a season where TY didn't have a single TD through 3 games?  I thought he had a pretty good game today though.  And despite all of this we have a winning record.  Used to be if TY didn't get involved that was almost like a guaranteed loss. 

9 hours ago, krunk said:

Have we ever had a season where TY didn't have a single TD through 3 games?  I thought he had a pretty good game today though.  And despite all of this we have a winning record.  Used to be if TY didn't get involved that was almost like a guaranteed loss. 

Krunk, I think we've had a big helping of fools gold.  The 3 teams we've played are 1-8 with the obvious win against us.  The poor Jets were about as talentless as any roster I can recall in a decade or more today.  Not their fault, just brutal injuries.  They still made it a game into the 3rd quarter.  

I am concerned that people will think our 2-1 record and historic defensive performance means anything against inferior talent.  When we hit the teeth of our schedule, we'll need to be WAY better to even compete, especially on Offense.  Let's hope we look as good against a 3-0 Bears team which has Defense as its obvious strength.  

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Krunk, I think we've had a big helping of fools gold.  The 3 teams we've played are 1-8 with the obvious win against us.  The poor Jets were about as talentless as any roster I can recall in a decade or more today.  Not their fault, just brutal injuries.  They still made it a game into the 3rd quarter.  

I am concerned that people will think our 2-1 record and historic defensive performance means anything against inferior talent.  When we hit the teeth of our schedule, we'll need to be WAY better to even compete, especially on Offense.  Let's hope we look as good against a 3-0 Bears team which has Defense as its obvious strength.  

I’m glad you posted that.  I fully realize that beating any NFL team is an accomplishment.  But the Jets are about as bad as you can be for an NFL team.  The Vikings are a decent team dealing with a lot of changes and the Jags aren’t as bad as we all thought. But, like you said, it’s still the bottom of the NFL so far.  

I think the offense looks pretty good, definitely in the top half of the league.  I’m still not sold on the defense, I don’t care what they’re ranked.  We watched that talentless Jets offense, missing both tackles, their starting RB, and just about all of their WRs, march down the field too many times.

I don’t want to be Debbie Downer, I’m just trying to look at it realistically.  Tell me I’m wrong.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’m glad you posted that.  I fully realize that beating any NFL team is an accomplishment.  But the Jets are about as bad as you can be for an NFL team.  The Vikings are a decent team dealing with a lot of changes and the Jags aren’t as bad as we all thought. But, like you said, it’s still the bottom of the NFL so far.  

I think the offense looks pretty good, definitely in the top half of the league.  I’m still not sold on the defense, I don’t care what they’re ranked.  We watched that talentless Jets offense, missing both tackles, their starting RB, and just about all of their WRs, march down the field too many times.

I don’t want to be Debbie Downer, I’m just trying to look at it realistically.  Tell me I’m wrong.

I agree, except about our offense being top half.  Maybe they are middling on a good day, or maybe the stripped down teams we played are simply not ready for any NFL level play and made us look average when we're less than that. I am concerned about the Bears D next week.  Their offense shouldn't a test for us if the hype is true, unless Foles starts going forward, then we could be in trouble there. With the Browns also coming up hopefully we keep improving across the board or we'll be getting exposed.