Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is T.Y. Hilton washed up? Just asking for a friend!!!

tncoltsfan57

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Marvin?  He always looked 6' to me.  I can't find anything that says he was under 5'10.

I did see a ohio state hype up when they thought they were signing him that he was now 6'4.  lol.  I didn't see anything from syracuse though.

I did find this that shows he was just under 6..

https://nflcombineresults.com/nflcombinedata.php?year=1996&*=WR&college=

Believe me, he's not even 5-10. I ran into his first year at an Indy restaurant and he was definitely shorter than me. He was at the table next to me. I'm around 5-11 but shrinking lol. I also met him years later and got his and Peyton's autographs. Marvin is one of my favorite Colts ever. Super nice guy. Soft spoken and very kind demeanor. We need another Marvin. Quiet storm.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Believe me, he's not even 5-10. I ran into his first year at an Indy restaurant and he was definitely shorter than me. He was at the table next to me. I'm around 5-11 but shrinking lol. I also met him years later and got his and Peyton's autographs. Marvin is one of my favorite Colts ever. Super nice guy. Soft spoken and very kind demeanor. We need another Marvin. Quiet storm.

That really surprises me.  I have a friend that sat next to him in a class at syracuse and just reached out to him but i agree he was one of my favorites as well.  a true superstar.

8 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That really surprises me.  I have a friend that sat next to him in a class at syracuse and just reached out to him but i agree he was one of my favorites as well.  a true superstar.

I was just talking with a buddy of mine from Indy. He asked me a question.... Was I wearing boots (I wear cowboy boots occasionally). I think I might have been given the folks I was out with (it was Elmos). So if so, he's probably 5-11ish. Long time ago, but don't think he's quite 6-0. I'll try to find the official combine results.

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was just talking with a buddy of mine from Indy. He asked me a question.... Was I wearing boots (I wear cowboy boots occasionally). I think I might have been given the folks I was out with (it was Elmos). So if so, he's probably 5-11ish. Long time ago, but don't think he's quite 6-0. I'll try to find the official combine results.

That makes sense!  Lol!

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think him and rivers will get better as the season goes on. That sun in the stadium has to hurt. Campbell was the perfect threat to take pressure off TY. Let’s hope he isn’t done for the season.

I always think about this when we open the roof. Seems dangerous when fielding a punt, when catching a deep ball, or even the kickers.

First off. I really feel for Cambell..

Secondly, Pittman played better and he needs to become the man. Just block the dude in his facemask bro lol

thirdly, I feel for the ghost too. Just doesn't seem the same with his "best friend" out there. his demeanor has changed :( I'll give him a least half a year, before I cast judgment on his decline.

11 hours ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

I started this post and I rest my case after the Vikings game! Nobody wanted to admit Vinateri was done last year either and it's sad but true. TY is no longer an "elite" receiver, in fact I doubt if he would even start on the top 5 teams in the league.

this is ridiculous and I'll be laughing mid season when everyone who was "down" on TY is eating crow. He might not have crazy stats, but TY is doing his job. Drawing lots of attention and other receivers are making plays.

We'd all be talking differently about TY if he had hauled in that long TD bomb in the end zone. He still has the speed, he still has the moves, he just needs to catch the ball.... easily fixable for a vet like TY.

Watch him torch the Jets for 100+ yards and a TD.

11 hours ago, tncoltsfan57 said:

I started this post and I rest my case after the Vikings game! Nobody wanted to admit Vinateri was done last year either and it's sad but true. TY is no longer an "elite" receiver, in fact I doubt if he would even start on the top 5 teams in the league.

Nonsense.     He has barely had any time with Rivers.   Their timing will get better as the season goes along.   

57 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

this is ridiculous and I'll be laughing mid season when everyone who was "down" on TY is eating crow. He might not have crazy stats, but TY is doing his job. Drawing lots of attention and other receivers are making plays.

We'd all be talking differently about TY if he had hauled in that long TD bomb in the end zone. He still has the speed, he still has the moves, he just needs to catch the ball.... easily fixable for a vet like TY.

Watch him torch the Jets for 100+ yards and a TD.

I hope you are right. Pierre Desir does have experience going against TY and might be able to lock him up but then, we may not need TY to be TY like in years past if our D and running game shows up like against Minny.

57 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he wasn’t getting open it would be a concern. He hasn’t lost a step. Looks like just a timing issue and getting used to Rivers’s. Not really worried.

I didn't think it was the timing at all in his 3 major drops in the first 2 games.  The balls were right to him and he just butter-fingered them.  

That said, tnColts fan saying he wouldn't even start for 5 teams in the league is total nonsense.  He would start for every team.  Not the #1 for every team, but a starter.  

I'm glad no one in the thread blamed the roof.  I can't believe how much people are whining about the roof being open.  Listening to JMV, he spent about 20 minutes on the roof.  Thirteen years into the stadium, did people just notice we open the roof here?  TY has had monster games with the roof open.  The offense has had monster games with the roof open.  It's no excuse.  It's the same thing for both teams.

People want it closed?  No, with covid, the roof should be open even more than it normally is.  

50 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm glad no one in the thread blamed the roof.  I can't believe how much people are whining about the roof being open.  Listening to JMV, he spent about 20 minutes on the roof.  Thirteen years into the stadium, did people just notice we open the roof here?  TY has had monster games with the roof open.  The offense has had monster games with the roof open.  It's no excuse.  It's the same thing for both teams.

People want it closed?  No, with covid, the roof should be open even more than it normally is.  

True, the roof should be open, but Reich is suggesting TY lost it in the sun.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2020/09/21/colts-coach-frank-reich-t-y-hilton-lost-deep-ball-sun/5858385002/

He's trying to cover for his guys.  True or not, that's his story and hey sticking to it.

Hilton will probably blow up and have a big game soon.  They just need to try and get him more involved, take some deep shots.  He almost had a huge one for a TD but just couldn't reel it in and those things happen unfortunately.  

I did drop him on my fantasy team and picked up Robby Anderson though who was oddly still on waivers. 

On 9/20/2020 at 3:55 PM, krunk said:

I liked what i saw from Pittman today. They did exactly what i called for. Got him more involved in the game plan. Hes going to be a good one. 

He did look pretty good going between the LBs and DBs in the 1st half.  We haven't had a guy that does that very well in some time.  Doyle I guess, but not at WR that I can recall.  That's what they wanted from the Carolina guy got hurt in the 1st game last year.  Name escapes me right now.

32 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Regardless...WR is going to be a priority next offseason as well...and it's a loaded draft class again. Scouting WRs is probably my favorite part of the pre-draft process.

You think that will be a priority area with Pittman anc Campbell?  I think they would have to lose faith in one or both of those guys to be a priority with other places that need shoring up.  

I think LT is one of our biggest areas, AC seems like he's ready to retire at any time.  This isn't a criticism.  I think he's underrated by a lot of guys on here, but he seems to be comfortable with playing or not playing.  And then of course there is QB.  Even if he balls this year, PR ain't going to be around too much longer.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I dont think hes washed but his first two games this year kind of looked like Marvin Harrison when he was starting to get washed up. I think he will snap out of it.

He gets open still.  Was Harrison dropping balls?  

Seems like TY has the yips right now to me.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

You think that will be a priority area with Pittman anc Campbell?  I think they would have to lose faith in one or both of those guys to be a priority with other places that need shoring up.  

I think LT is one of our biggest areas, AC seems like he's ready to retire at any time.  This isn't a criticism.  I think he's underrated by a lot of guys on here, but he seems to be comfortable with playing or not playing.  And then of course there is QB.  Even if he balls this year, PR ain't going to be around too much longer.

I think it was still a big priority...even before the season...because of TY's age and contract status...and the questions around Campbell. Since then...Hilton has not looked like his normal self and Campbell is out indef. with yet another injury. 

I think Pittman will be a very good WR2 type...but they will need to add another playmaker there. Same with TE. MAC looked good...but he will be 28 next season. Will need to add a young TE to develop.

52 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I think it was still a big priority...even before the season...because of TY's age and contract status...and the questions around Campbell. Since then...Hilton has not looked like his normal self and Campbell is out indef. with yet another injury. 

I think Pittman will be a very good WR2 type...but they will need to add another playmaker there. Same with TE. MAC looked good...but he will be 28 next season. Will need to add a young TE to develop.

I'd be surprised with the committment to the run if we spent much capital on a WR for the 3rd year in a row.  But if they think there is a stud out there, who knows.  Campbell I don't think is" injury prone" necessarily, last weeks hit was just unfortuneate and broken foot is also usually and accident rather than injury proneness whatever that means.  Assuming he's 100% next year, I think they'd be pretty comfortable with the playmaking potential of PC.  

I could totally see them pick up a stud TE though with some captal.  I like MAC too and hope he takes away the neccesity of a TE.

But Houston is old too and we probably are really going to need another edge guy.

There are 3 main things I remember about Harrison.  

1.  Him being about 5-10 yds past the DBs on one or two of the play action fakes to Edge per game.  It was incredible how often it happened.  He was such a good route runner.

2.  Some like Christmas message he gave in some ugly Christmas sweater before ugly Christmas sweaters were cool.

3.  He friggin had somebody killed or something at his bar or something.  That was like. Marvin?  Really?  No way.

4 hours ago, #12. said:

True. It hit BOTH of his gloves, and a pro like him should be able to reel it in with no one draped on him, having played in these situations several times before. 

27 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I'd be surprised with the committment to the run if we spent much capital on a WR for the 3rd year in a row.  But if they think there is a stud out there, who knows.  Campbell I don't think is" injury prone" necessarily, last weeks hit was just unfortuneate and broken foot is also usually and accident rather than injury proneness whatever that means.  Assuming he's 100% next year, I think they'd be pretty comfortable with the playmaking potential of PC.  

I could totally see them pick up a stud TE though with some captal.  I like MAC too and hope he takes away the neccesity of a TE.

But Houston is old too and we probably are really going to need another edge guy.

This offseason...there might be a few TEs available in FA...and it's a strong draft class as well.

MAC is an RFA...so he will likely get a tender of some sort. But he will be 28.

Doyle will be back...but injuries and age could be catching up. He will be 30-31.

There should absolutely be a significant investment into a younger player at the TE position this offseason. 

5 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

True, the roof should be open, but Reich is suggesting TY lost it in the sun.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/colts-insider/2020/09/21/colts-coach-frank-reich-t-y-hilton-lost-deep-ball-sun/5858385002/

He's trying to cover for his guys.  True or not, that's his story and hey sticking to it.

You would have thought he would have found it when it hit him right in his hands.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You would have thought he would have found it when it hit him right in his hands.

or when it bounced off his chest, lol.

His last 3 drops look pretty bad.  If he has another bad drop I'll be worried that he may be about done.  We'll probably have another potential AV situation on our hands.

Archived