Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Convince me to continue watching this Colts team for the rest of the season

24 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I’ll never take anything Jared Cisneros serious. His das apparently does this as well. He’s a coach lmao Guy said players don’t need to learn multiple positions. This was even young players at high school and collegiate level. I was don’t with anything he had to say after that. 

adam sandler comedy GIF

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stop watching, are you gonna stop posting as well?   Asking for a friend...

That's sad you want me to stop posting when I'm generally one of the better posters on here. There's no reason to be positive right now. This loss was embarrassing to the fanbase, the Colts organizati

I couldn’t care less if you watch the Colts games. I don’t feel compelled to convince you to do squat.   Adios

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What?

"His das"?

"I was don't with" ... ?!?

1x4dzk.jpg

Dad* and was done with anything he had to say* IOS beta auto correct messes up my words after send messages. Me personally I’ll never like or listen to anything Jared has to say about football. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a team that was supposed to be solid all-around, and literally lost to one of the worst teams in the Jaguars in a very long time. This game was coached horribly, the players played horribly, Mack is out for the year. If we can't win this game, what makes anyone think we have any chance against actual good and competant teams with Mack gone? Rivers has no arm, if we couldn't establish a run game with Mack, then we sure can't do it without him. 

Someone give me a logical answer why I should spend 3 hours every Sunday rooting for this team when it's coached so poorly? Don't say because that's what a good, loyal fan does, etc... I want someone to give me a valid case why I should have any faith in this team if it can't beat this Jags team and why we can realistically beat anyone now without Mack.

Thank you.

Dont

Just now, danlhart87 said:

adam sandler comedy GIF

No it was Jared has no clue what he is talking about. Overreacting when I both our offensive and defense lines got whipped today. Rivers is going to be what he is. Can’t ask him to win us games like that. I’m looking for a better performance from them next week. 

24 minutes ago, k9copinmd said:

Pitiful showing by the  Colts today.........Ya'll can try to sugar coat it all ya want but it was sad

OLine and DLine played like poop. Secondary did us no favors as well. 

• Like 2
Just now, Myles said:

Coaching and kicking wasn't good either.   

Not mad about kicking. Blankenship is a rookie. Our defense needs to attack instead staying in a zone. Matt loves to start the season off so conservative. I get it because of the course of the season. We have the depth on our roster now. Hopefully things change next week. 

I've noticed no one really has opened up the can of worms regarding the O-Line today. We're supposed to be dominate on the O-Line but other than a few good runs in the first half the Jags shut down our running game and I was terribly disappointed in our short yardage runs and run blocking. Anybody else see that as well?

• Like 3
Just now, tncoltsfan57 said:

I've noticed no one really has opened up the can of worms regarding the O-Line today. We're supposed to be dominate on the O-Line but other than a few good runs in the first half the Jags shut down our running game and I was terribly disappointed in our short yardage runs and run blocking. Anybody else see that as well?

I think all the time missed in the pre-season due to injury by the oline showed up big time.  glow was the only one not to miss anytime.

• Like 1

Says the person with 1/4 the posts as me. People like you are the problem that let this organization get away with crap like this. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

as opposed to who, you? You think you have an impact on what this organization “gets away with.” Lol. I’ve grown tired of the dramatic “I’m done with this team” crap every year that it doesn’t go our way. Be a fan or don’t be a fan. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Says the person with 1/4 the posts as me. People like you are the problem that let this organization get away with crap like this. 

Lol at the thought that anyone who matters for the Colts reads this forum let alone makes decisions about the franchise based on it.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A historically bad Jags team that was tanking.

How did you come to the conclusion that this was a historically bad Jags team? Or that they're actively tanking the season?

Talking heads decided that the Jags were the worst team in the league and somehow the narrative that the Jags are tanking the season for Lawrence came about before one regular season snap took place..

Spoiler, no team actually tanks their season. Even last year, everyone said the Dolphins were tanking for Tua and they still ended up being extremely competitive and winning a handful of games. If the Jags are tanking, nobody let the locker room know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1- IT IS NOT HOW YOU START BUT HOW YOU FINISH..... Many years we start with a bang and then end up limping into the playoffs and get blown out of the water. I believe they will get it together hopefully sooner than later.

2- They were all JITTERY and played WITHOUT poise and that included Frank Reich. 

3- The Defense UNDER PERFORMED all AROUND.  The Secondary, esp Xavier will be severely scrutinized going forward. The way their RB ran through the DL was absolutely disappointing. We signed Buckner and this was suppose to be our best DL. Jay Gruden just outcoached Flus in this game. Their Rookie WR just made plays against our secondary. Where was Pittman?

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

How did you come to the conclusion that this was a historically bad Jags team? Or that they're actively tanking the season?

Talking heads decided that the Jags were the worst team in the league and somehow the narrative that the Jags are somehow tanking the season for Lawrence came about before one regular season snap took place..

Spoiler, no team actually tanks their season. Even last year, everyone said the Dolphins were tanking for Tua and they still ended up being extremely competitive and winning a handful of games. If the Jags are tanking, nobody let the locker room know.

When you continually miss on players in the draft and trade or release the ones you do hit on, and there's a generational QB like Luck was entering the NFL Draft next year, that signifies a tank job. There isn't much talent on that team besides a select few guys. We have much better talent, and I thought much better coaching. There's no reason we should of lost that game. It was a horrible effort by both the Colts coaches and players, and it was embarrassing to watch.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When you continually miss on players in the draft and trade or release the ones you do hit on, and there's a generational QB like Luck was entering the NFL Draft next year, that signifies a tank job. There isn't much talent on that team besides a select few guys. We have much better talent, and I thought much better coaching. There's no reason we should of lost that game. It was a horrible effort by both the Colts coaches and players, and it was embarrassing to watch.

I think Minshew is better than people think. They may not be tanking. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We'll see how Minshew does in their next game. There's no way he can match today though 19/20. Either he's really good or our secondary is just that horrible.

• Like 1

I owe you an apology. I went back and looked. I got the wrong person that I argued with. It was PricetonTiger. Sorry! However you’re overreacting in my opinion. Our O and D line got whipped. They had moments, but ultimately failed. We knew what we were getting in Philip. We can’t ask him to play catch up. I’m hoping for a better Colt team next week. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a team that was supposed to be solid all-around, and literally lost to one of the worst teams in the Jaguars in a very long time. This game was coached horribly, the players played horribly, Mack is out for the year. If we can't win this game, what makes anyone think we have any chance against actual good and competant teams with Mack gone? Rivers has no arm, if we couldn't establish a run game with Mack, then we sure can't do it without him. 

Someone give me a logical answer why I should spend 3 hours every Sunday rooting for this team when it's coached so poorly? Don't say because that's what a good, loyal fan does, etc... I want someone to give me a valid case why I should have any faith in this team if it can't beat this Jags team and why we can realistically beat anyone now without Mack.

Thank you.

No.  You're either a fan or you aren't.  If you're a fan you'll watch, if you're not I honestly don't care what you do.

But making this thread in week 1 of a new season is seriously sad and I hope it's just the gameday beers talking. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

We'll see how Minshew does in their next game. There's no way he can match today though 19/20. Either he's really good or our secondary is just that horrible.

What if it’s both....

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

I owe you an apology. I went back and looked. I got the wrong person that I argued with. It was PricetonTiger. Sorry! However you’re overreacting in my opinion. Our O and D line got whipped. They had moments, but ultimately failed. We knew what we were getting in Philip. We can’t ask him to play catch up. I’m hoping for a better Colt team next week. 

Fair enough. :) I was confused with what you were saying lol. Apology accepted! Yeah, I'm probably overreacting a bit, my expectations may of been a bit too high. I probably overreacted because it was the Jags and probably underrated them a bit.

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

No.  You're either a fan or you aren't.  If you're a fan you'll watch, if you're not I honestly don't care what you do.

But making this thread in week 1 of a new season is seriously sad and I hope it's just the gameday beers talking. 

Probably too much optimism and expectations towards this game. I was 100% sure we would destroy the Jags. It completely caught me off guard. I will admit.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

What if it’s both....

If it is, we are really in trouble as far as the division goes. :( 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Fair enough. :) I was confused with what you were saying lol. Apology accepted! Yeah, I'm probably overreacting a bit, my expectations may of been a bit too high. I probably overreacted because it was the Jags and probably underrated them a bit.

Yes that exactly what happened. Glad you excepted the apology. We have to come fired up next week. We got bullied on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 1

Probably too much optimism and expectations towards this game. I was 100% sure we would destroy the Jags. It completely caught me off guard. I will admit.

The Jags are a weird organization.  They win a lot of games they're supposed to lose, only to lose a ton of games they're supposed to win.  They're almost as unpredictable as the panthers year to year

One thing we do know, is that Minshew has a decent arm.  He was solid last year, and looks like he might be building on that this year.  If they get him some help the Jags could be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

@Jared Cisneros

I strongly consider you stepping away from the forum for the night.  Look we are all upset at this loss but being mad the whole day isn't going to help your mood.

Growing up my uncle always use to tell me this: 

Let Go Let God

Sometimes sports gets us mad but its how we handle these situations that makes us who we are! 

Cheers my friend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry but today's effort against an inferior team was a joke.  I'm embarrassed to be a Colt fan right now.  They lose to a team that gave awake most of there good players.  Then let this joke of a QB go 19-20.  This is a joke.  

• Confused 1

i'll also note that we replaced our QB this offseason and the Jags didn't.  So the Jags were on more familiar ground with their offense than we were this year.

The big disappointment to me is that the defense, which is largely unchanged from last year, couldn't stop Minshew from picking them apart.

That said when the dust settles I suspect people will talk about Minshew like they talked about Jim Harbaugh or Matt Schaub or Alex Smith.  As one of those guys who's not quite a star, but tends to get the job done more often than not.  the Jags actually have a decent QB, and every now and again that's all it takes to create an upset.

A few things I haven’t seen mentioned:

1.  Jags have a new offensive coordinator.  New offense with no tape is extremely difficult to prepare for 

2. Colts were under a lot of pressure to win.  This whole opening day thing reminds me of the pressure on Kirk Cousins last year to win in primetime.  Jags had zero pressure on them whatsoever. Everyone expected them to lose and they played loose. 

3. Heat and humidity. Felt like over 100 degrees. Someone mentioned Autry stopped chasing. If you haven’t played football in 100 degree heat you shouldn’t judge. 

Total team loss.  Classic case of overlooking a lesser team.  It is the job of the coaching staff to have the team ready to play, today, they were not.  We were beat in all phases in this game, Rivers was pressured the whole game.  The so called #1 o line?  Not today, got embarrassed.  Our big time pass rushers?  not so much, on one play,  I watched Minshew hold the ball, and run around for 15 seconds before being sacked.  This team has the best fan base in the NFL, but in today's world, games like today, will have us leaving in droves.

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you.

The Colts almost always lose in Jacksonville.  Also for the past seven years now they have dropped the season opener.  They still made the post season in a few of those seasons. Still lots of season to be played. No guarantees this will be a good team.  But they have rebounded from worse. As fans we stick with our team through ups and downs.  As frustrating as that is sometimes.  Each season teams lose to someone they have no business losing to and upset some teams they are expected to lose to. Tune in to see which games those turn out to be this year.  Or not.  Lol 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He showed last year he has a lot of promise but no QB should be completing 95% of his passes vs your defense I don’t care who it is.  That’s a major defensive failure.  

• Like 1

I was at the game in Jacksonville in 2006, when they ran for 375 yards.

People were hysterical about what changes were needed but Tony Dungy said; “we just need to clean things up”. How’d that work out?

Kudos to Jacksonville for a good game plan. Death by a thousand paper cuts. 
     My hope is that things can be corrected but I am concerned about communication in the secondary.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.

I can't give you any. I'm a colts' fan, I will spend every sunday 3 hours watching/following/rooting for my team regardless they're winning or losing.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.

2 years ago the Colts started like 1 and 5 and ended 10 and 6 and won a playoff game.

Team had the chance to win, just made too many mistakes.

I usually at least hang in there until the Colts are out of realistic contention for the playoffs.  I think you should too.  This is one game and the fortunes of the season have a way of shifting.

• Nadine locked this topic