Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Convince me to continue watching this Colts team for the rest of the season

Just now, BProland85 said:

Jax had the same disadvantages as well so I can’t really count that as an excuse for an embarrassing performance against a poor team. 

I know you are mad we all are but its time to move forward.

Colts got tough match next week let's all move forward.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you stop watching, are you gonna stop posting as well?   Asking for a friend...

That's sad you want me to stop posting when I'm generally one of the better posters on here. There's no reason to be positive right now. This loss was embarrassing to the fanbase, the Colts organizati

I couldn’t care less if you watch the Colts games. I don’t feel compelled to convince you to do squat.   Adios

Posted Images

I have to say, one of the more shocking losses I have seen in a while. I didn't expect it. Especially how we looked after the 1st drive. Having said that it is only 1 game. Yeah we lost to a team we had no business losing too, it isn't a good look. Rivers is still clearly an upgrade over JB and I would wait and see how the next 4 weeks play out. If we are 3-2 after week 5 that will keep us in the hunt. Losing Mack concerns me though. What sucks about losing today is we almost have to win next week because teams that start 0-2 only make the playoffs 20% of the time in NFL history. Vikings have a solid team and just lost as well so next week will be like an early playoff game. For the life of me I can't figure out why we always lose on opening day?? I almost have to laugh instead of being angry about it lmao 

• Like 2
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

You're better than this. 

So are you. Take some deep breathes and relax.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't tell me bye. Explain it to me. I'm extremely frustrated right now. I was waiting for this game for months, and this is what I get in return.

I’m an educated man with an MBA and just starting my PHD. Even with all those years of education, I cannot, nor can anyone else for that matter, explain to you what will motivate you to watch another game or the rest of season. That is a question only you can answer.

i get it, your frustrated. Rightfully so. I’m with you there. But really, the Jags didn’t beat us today, we beat ourselves.  Blown coverages, penalties left and right in the red zone. Missed kick(s), questionable personnel utilization. 

But I’m not ready to freak out yet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Dude, it's the NFL.  What did you expect?

The best coach in the NFL barely beat the Dolphins 21-11, and his team is as talented as the Colts, if not more.  The Eagles lost to the Whatchamacallems in Washington.  The Panthers put up 30 on the Raiders.  The Chargers beat the Bengals.  Brady pooped the bed.

It's the NFL.  Every week a team that's less talented gets a win, and every week a great coach gets out-coached.  It is what it is.  It's not worth getting this upset over and making threads like this...

I expected more against this opponent. If we lost to a competant opponent, then I'm fine with it. We really lowered ourselves to lose in this game. Maybe I was too optimistic and got brought down to Earth. If this is the talent level of our team though, then I guess I need to take a break for a while until they have a good game. That absolutely was miserable watching that game considering the expectations I had to start the year.

7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Hey Jared

It is just week one

Remember its just a game too 

You are the reason why we lost lmao :sarcasm:, you may be the only person on earth that picked the Jags. Nice pick. Last year I was one of a few that picked us to beat KC in here. Sometimes you never know.

• Like 2

I’ve watched them go 1-15 and watched Curtis Painter attempt to play QB for this team.  I watch them because I am a fan and I want too.

i am not going to question your fan hood but I am also not going to try you to talk you into watching them either.  If you don’t want too that’s your choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I expected more against this opponent. If we lost to a competant opponent, then I'm fine with it. We really lowered ourselves to lose in this game.

Give the Jags more credit.

They're a young team, but they have some talented young players on both sides of the ball.

A decent gameplan and virtually mistake-free football won them the game today.  You gotta give credit where credit is due.

• Like 2
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve watched them go 1-15 and watched Curtis Painter attempt to play QB for this team.  I watch them because I am a fan and I want too.

i am not going to question your fan hood but I am also not going to try you to talk you into watching them either.  If you don’t want too that’s your choice.

Curtis Painter as the QB those were dark times indeed, I was always amazed why they allowed him to be on the roster for so long

43 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

You're a good poster "Jared", I like your post, your realistic in your point of view, I too am realistic.  This team really needs an overhaul in the coaching positions, starting with the Head Coach. There was no reason to lose this game to a team vying for the number one pick overall.  No reason at all, I'm numb.  I believe it starts with the HC, on utilizing the right players in key situations.  Ex.  170 lb RB cannot move a mountain especially in the red zone where everyone put their massive players in a preventive defensive posture, even "Q" couldn't move them to make a hole.  Also, not utilizing JT after Mack went down, instead they stuck themselves with Hines once again....so, the play calling sucks big time starting from the Head Coach.  Very Frustrating....

Q blocked the guy to his knees and the 175 lb RB ran right into his kneeling arms.  

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree we were, but was there any reason we shouldn't of been? The talent difference is obvious and I thought the coaching difference was obvious (might have to re-think that one). Losing Mack stunk, but Reich completely abandoned the run, and that's on him. I have no reason to think he'll do otherwsie next week until he proves it. I guess it's just how bad we looked Vs this particular team in general (the Jags), that set me off. I'm embarrassed as a fan of this team. There's also no reason to believe we'll do any better Vs other teams if we can't take out the jobber of the league. It was embarrassing today.

That's why it's called any given sunday

• Like 2

Everyone’s panicking about us losing and Rivers throwing two interceptions. 

Didn’t Brady throw two interceptions and lose today as well? It’s not the freaking end of the world. Grow up and stop crying. 

• Like 1

Crying...

We lost...

Crying...

Explain to me why I should be a fan...

Crying...

Demanding that I be explained why I should be a fan...

Crying...

Me, me, me, me...

My sports fan friend will laugh at me, and I can't explain the loss...

Why is this trash not locked? LOL smh...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
48 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

don't feed the troll

18 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Everyone’s panicking about us losing and Rivers throwing two interceptions. 

Didn’t Brady throw two interceptions and lose today as well? It’s not the freaking end of the world. Grow up and stop crying. 

Brady is probably washed up.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a team that was supposed to be solid all-around, and literally lost to one of the worst teams in the Jaguars in a very long time. This game was coached horribly, the players played horribly, Mack is out for the year. If we can't win this game, what makes anyone think we have any chance against actual good and competant teams with Mack gone? Rivers has no arm, if we couldn't establish a run game with Mack, then we sure can't do it without him. 

Someone give me a logical answer why I should spend 3 hours every Sunday rooting for this team when it's coached so poorly? Don't say because that's what a good, loyal fan does, etc... I want someone to give me a valid case why I should have any faith in this team if it can't beat this Jags team and why we can realistically beat anyone now without Mack.

Thank you.

113269743_closingearly(2).thumb.jpg.ffec496e3e793d3545fc8eaeb92b8cce.jpg

• Haha 3
52 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I expected more against this opponent. If we lost to a competant opponent, then I'm fine with it. We really lowered ourselves to lose in this game. Maybe I was too optimistic and got brought down to Earth. If this is the talent level of our team though, then I guess I need to take a break for a while until they have a good game. That absolutely was miserable watching that game considering the expectations I had to start the year.

Sorry buddy, I’m with you on dealing with a shocking loss. Maybe we overhyped ourselves... 

I think I’m going to watch with an intent to focus on the players and less on the actual game. Next week I’m focusing on the RB core as a whole. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's sad you want me to stop posting when I'm generally one of the better posters on here. There's no reason to be positive right now. This loss was embarrassing to the fanbase, the Colts organization, and Jim Irsay. This is a historically bad Jaguars team before the season even started that was selling off and releasing its players. No business losing and struggling Vs them. A horrible coaching job by Reich. I apologize for nothing.

Why are you so sure the Jaguars are a historically bad team? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Sorry buddy, I’m with you on dealing with a shocking loss. Maybe we overhyped ourselves... 

I think I’m going to watch with an intent to focus on the players and less on the actual game. Next week I’m focusing on the RB core as a whole. 

Without Mack, Taylor needs to step up and be the guy many of us thinks he can be.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

He showed some good flashes today. I have faith in him. 

He was good in limited time. His carries weren't all that impressive, but there was a flag or two that called him back. He was solid in the pass game, including a 35 yard reception that he caught very short and ran for. I think he'll be alright. I'm curious if he can be an every down back or at least take over Marlon's role as well.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

He was good in limited time. His carries weren't all that impressive, but there was a flag or two that called him back. He was solid in the pass game, including a 35 yard reception that he caught very short and ran for. I think he'll be alright. I'm curious if he can be an every down back or at least take over Marlon's role as well.

He will be fine. Don't expect 100+ yard games everytime though. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly with you. Beyond so much more than just the play today. I love the colts so much and I live sleep and breath colts and I am on the forum day and night because it's a way for me to escape and communicate with people and gain knowledge on something we all enjoy. Heres to hoping they iron things back out and other things settle down and we can try and enjoy the last bit of 2020

• Thanks 2

I’ll never take anything Jared Cisneros serious. His das apparently does this as well. He’s a coach lmao Guy said players don’t need to learn multiple positions. This was even young players at high school and collegiate level. I was don’t with anything he had to say after that. 

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I’ll never take anything Jared Cisneros serious. His das apparently does this as well. He’s a coach lmao Guy said players don’t need to learn multiple positions. This was even young players at high school and collegiate level. I was don’t with anything he had to say after that. 

I literally don't understand anything you're trying to say here.

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Sincerely, if the NFL brings you such emotional stress, why in the hell would you follow it?

Convince you? Why?

Its tough but the key here is remembering in the end its just a game. Win or lose doesn't change my approach on life. 

15 minutes ago, DuvalSzn said:

Why are you so sure the Jaguars are a historically bad team? 

Thank you.

Are you a Jags fan?  If so, how bad do threads like this make Colts fans look?

I think threads like this give Colts fans a bad rep.  It's week 1 and we have fans contemplating not even watching the rest of the season or thinking Ballard and Reich should be on the "hot seat"...  smh

• Like 3

I'm bummed, but I am not a fair weather can.  I watch no matter what.  I still think the team is better than a season ago.  Taylor was a good addition.  Pittman was a good addition.  Buckner was a good addition.  Now it's on the coaches to put it together.  It was obvious that they needed pre-season games.  Reich failed miserably today.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

You're a good poster "Jared", I like your post, your realistic in your point of view, I too am realistic.  This team really needs an overhaul in the coaching positions, starting with the Head Coach. There was no reason to lose this game to a team vying for the number one pick overall.  No reason at all, I'm numb.  I believe it starts with the HC, on utilizing the right players in key situations.  Ex.  170 lb RB cannot move a mountain especially in the red zone where everyone put their massive players in a preventive defensive posture, even "Q" couldn't move them to make a hole.  Also, not utilizing JT after Mack went down, instead they stuck themselves with Hines once again....so, the play calling sucks big time starting from the Head Coach.  Very Frustrating....

They love Hines...and his 5 yards/touch.

19 minutes ago, a06cc said:

What?

"His das"?

"I was don't with" ... ?!?

1x4dzk.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Nadine locked this topic