Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Convince me to continue watching this Colts team for the rest of the season

Yoshinator

This is a team that was supposed to be solid all-around, and literally lost to one of the worst teams in the Jaguars in a very long time. This game was coached horribly, the players played horribly, Mack is out for the year. If we can't win this game, what makes anyone think we have any chance against actual good and competant teams with Mack gone? Rivers has no arm, if we couldn't establish a run game with Mack, then we sure can't do it without him. 

Someone give me a logical answer why I should spend 3 hours every Sunday rooting for this team when it's coached so poorly? Don't say because that's what a good, loyal fan does, etc... I want someone to give me a valid case why I should have any faith in this team if it can't beat this Jags team and why we can realistically beat anyone now without Mack.

Thank you.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is a team that was supposed to be solid all-around, and literally lost to one of the worst teams in the Jaguars in a very long time. This game was coached horribly, the players played horribly, Mack is out for the year. If we can't win this game, what makes anyone think we have any chance against actual good and competant teams with Mack gone? Rivers has no arm, if we couldn't establish a run game with Mack, then we sure can't do it without him. 

Someone give me a logical answer why I should spend 3 hours every Sunday rooting for this team when it's coached so poorly? Don't say because that's what a good, loyal fan does, etc... I want someone to give me a valid case why I should have any faith in this team if it can't beat this Jags team and why we can realistically beat anyone now without Mack.

Thank you.

Because its one game.. Remember how bad we where last year? we beat Chiefs who won the superbowl.. anything can happen.. You just have to sit back, relax and hope its gonna be a good sunday.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If you stop watching, are you gonna stop posting as well?

Asking for a friend...

That's sad you want me to stop posting when I'm generally one of the better posters on here. There's no reason to be positive right now. This loss was embarrassing to the fanbase, the Colts organization, and Jim Irsay. This is a historically bad Jaguars team before the season even started that was selling off and releasing its players. No business losing and struggling Vs them. A horrible coaching job by Reich. I apologize for nothing.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you.

The Colts finished 7-9 last year (with Brissett)...the Jags were one game worse at 6-10...pretty close.

Rivers was 36/46 for 363 yds today...not too bad, but 2 bad picks.

The whole D stunk...hence the loss.

7 minutes ago, Robin said:

Because its one game.. Remember how bad we where last year? we beat Chiefs who won the superbowl.. anything can happen.. You just have to sit back, relax and hope its gonna be a good sunday.

I don't want to hope though. I want some shred of improvement or us taking a step forward that shows we have a chance of winning a SB. I was obsessed with this season for months after we signed Rivers, traded for Buckner, and drafted our players. Now, it's looking like a waste of time. You have to at least string me along, and this is just cutting the string and saying we are a bad team.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Says the person with 1/4 the posts as me. People like you are the problem that let this organization get away with crap like this. 

Sorry to say but your post count dosent matter if the quality of your post is like this.. 

yes my post count is low. But i've been on this forum longer than 95% of the members. And that makes me a loyal fan to me

That's sad you want me to stop posting when I'm generally one of the better posters on here. There's no reason to be positive right now. This loss was embarrassing to the fanbase, the Colts organization, and Jim Irsay. This is a historically bad Jaguars team before the season even started that was selling off and releasing its players. No business losing and struggling Vs them. A horrible coaching job by Reich. I apologize for nothing.

giphy.gif

Lighten up Francis.  I was messing with you.  You know how you get after a loss.

It's week 1.

Why don't you let things play out for a few more weeks.  The Colts probably aren't as bad as you think right now, and apparently, the Jags aren't as bad as everyone thought they were gonna be.  It's the NFL.  Any Given Sunday, my friend.  :hat:

You're a good poster "Jared", I like your post, your realistic in your point of view, I too am realistic.  This team really needs an overhaul in the coaching positions, starting with the Head Coach. There was no reason to lose this game to a team vying for the number one pick overall.  No reason at all, I'm numb.  I believe it starts with the HC, on utilizing the right players in key situations.  Ex.  170 lb RB cannot move a mountain especially in the red zone where everyone put their massive players in a preventive defensive posture, even "Q" couldn't move them to make a hole.  Also, not utilizing JT after Mack went down, instead they stuck themselves with Hines once again....so, the play calling sucks big time starting from the Head Coach.  Very Frustrating....

4 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

The Colts finished 7-9 last year (with Brissett)...the Jags were one game worse at 6-10...pretty close.

Rivers was 36/46 for 363 yds today...not too bad, but 2 bad picks.

The whole D stunk...hence the loss.

Yes, the offense is bad, the defense is bad. Our coach is bad, we lost Mack for the year, what gives us the faith that this will be a good team? This was a loss to the Jags. A historically bad Jags team that was tanking. I just don't see any upside after this game. It was terrible and deflating as a fan.

2 minutes ago, Robin said:

Sorry to say but your post count dosent matter if the quality of your post is like this.. 

yes my post count is low. But i've been on this forum longer than 95% of the members. And that makes me a loyal fan to me

My post wasn't directed at you. You responded in a respectful manner and I appreciate that.

I expect playcalling and decision making to improve. The early attempt at 4th down, while I like the call it was most definitely the wrong RB for the situation, and it was a massive momentum shift for the Jags. 

Bottom line is that the colts lost to a team that by all accounts appears to be tanking...it is not a good look

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Honestly, I think we were too overconfident especially after the first drive. Also losing Mack didn't help either.

I agree we were, but was there any reason we shouldn't of been? The talent difference is obvious and I thought the coaching difference was obvious (might have to re-think that one). Losing Mack stunk, but Reich completely abandoned the run, and that's on him. I have no reason to think he'll do otherwsie next week until he proves it. I guess it's just how bad we looked Vs this particular team in general (the Jags), that set me off. I'm embarrassed as a fan of this team. There's also no reason to believe we'll do any better Vs other teams if we can't take out the jobber of the league. It was embarrassing today.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My post wasn't directed at you. You responded in a respectful manner and I appreciate that.

I know it wasen't but I think your point with post count, and making this thread weak 1 is pretty lame.. Every team wants to win. only a few will. Its way to early to tell how it pans out but the reason you should stick to watching the game is because you are a loyal fan. And it might not as fun right now as it was with Manning and Luck. But some teams have had it much worse for far longer... Theres only one winner, and the winner aint found day one.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Thank you.

Oh good grief. If you’re ready to freak out over a week 1 loss, considering we’ve won just one opener in over a decade, I don’t know what to tell you but this:

bye

1 minute ago, Robin said:

I know it wasen't but I think your point with post count, and making this thread weak 1 is pretty lame.. Every team wants to win. only a few will. Its way to early to tell how it pans out but the reason you should stick to watching the game is because you are a loyal fan. And it might not as fun right now as it was with Manning and Luck. But some teams have had it much worse for far longer... Theres only one winner, and the winner aint found day one.

It was his "meme" that I responded too, that he has to come up with a trolly response when I ask a serious question. Usually the people who do that have lower post counts. There are obviously lots of exceptions to that rule.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A historically bad Jags team that was tanking.

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Bottom line is that the colts lost to a team that by all accounts appears to be tanking

I think you guys made some false assumptions about the Jags.  And perhaps need to re-evaluate your evaluation of NFL talent.

I think as the season plays out, we'll see that they're a solid team.

@danlhart87 called it earlier this week.  The Jags aren't gonna roll over for anyone.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Oh good grief. If you’re ready to freak out over a week 1 loss, considering we’ve won just one opener in over a decade, I don’t know what to tell you but this:

bye

You're better than this. This FO isn't supposed to be Grigson and Pagano. We had the cupcake of the week, there's no excuse for this loss except a lack of being prepared by this coaching staff. Maybe Ballard drafted poor players, but I'm not going to believe that until it's obvious. IMO, this is Reich's fault, and if he can't coach against an inept Jaguars team that is in tank mode and traded and released a lot of its best players before the season, why should I trust him the rest of the season, and without Mack? 

Don't tell me bye. Explain it to me. I'm extremely frustrated right now. I was waiting for this game for months, and this is what I get in return.

4 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I couldn’t care less if you watch the Colts games. I don’t feel compelled to convince you to do squat.

Adios

Then why are you posting? I should report you for baiting with that response.

You're better than this. This FO isn't supposed to be Grigson and Pagano. We had the cupcake of the week, there's no excuse for this loss except a lack of being prepared by this coaching staff. Maybe Ballard drafted poor players, but I'm not going to believe that until it's obvious. IMO, this is Reich's fault, and if he can't coach against an inept Jaguars team that is in tank mode and traded and released a lot of its best players before the season, why should I trust him the rest of the season, and without Mack? 

Don't tell me bye. Explain it to me. I'm extremely frustrated right now. I was waiting for this game for months, and this is what I get in return.

I didn’t realize this was about you

It just depends on how bad it stresses you out.  If it's to the point where it's a determent to your health and you worry about it I'd just not watch them.  That being said, it is game one. 

I typically watch all games even when they suck and go 3-13, ect.  I just try not to set my expectations high because they've been inconsistent for years now.  I do have high expectations of them this year which did take a punch to the face today though ahahahah. 

Jared, I'm going to give you the same advice I gave you last time. If you're not getting enjoyment out of watching and your mental health is suffering, take a break. Play a new video game instead or binge a new series. It's supposed to be fun. When it stops being that for you, it's time to step away for a bit.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

It just depends on how bad it stresses you out.  If it's to the point where it's a determent to your health and you worry about it I'd just not watch them.  That being said, it is game one. 

I typically watch all games even when they suck and go 3-13, ect.  I just try not to set my expectations high because they've been inconsistent for years now.  I do have high expectations of them this year which did take a punch to the face today though ahahahah. 

Thanks. I just feel like I have to watch since my friends are all sports fans, and I get trash-talked when my team does stuff like this, and I have to defend it. I can't even defend it, I just have to take it. We got nothing out of Luck, and we at least get "supposedly" the next best thing in Rivers, and it looks like he can't do anything. Always something that stops us. Appreciate the advice though. 

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Jared, I'm going to give you the same advice I gave you last time. If you're not getting enjoyment out of watching and your mental health is suffering, take a break. Play a new video game instead or binge a new series. It's supposed to be fun. When it stops being that for you, it's time to step away for a bit.

Thank you, I will do that probably. This one hit me hard because of the opponent. My interest is somewhat lost, and I may have to take a little break. When Mack got injured, it killed my excitement. Thank you for the advice.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Then why are you posting? I should report you for baiting with that response.

Lmao 

go to bed

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was waiting for this game for months, and this is what I get in return.

Dude, it's the NFL.  What did you expect?

The best coach in the NFL barely beat the Dolphins 21-11, and his team is as talented as the Colts, if not more.  The Eagles lost to the Whatchamacallems in Washington.  The Panthers put up 30 on the Raiders.  The Chargers beat the Bengals.  Brady pooped the bed.

It's the NFL.  Every week a team that's less talented gets a win, and every week a great coach gets out-coached.  It is what it is.  It's not worth getting this upset over and making threads like this...

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think with no preseason games and such a short TC we do have to be careful to not over react. But the playcalling and schemes has to be better.

Jax had the same disadvantages as well so I can’t really count that as an excuse for an embarrassing performance against a poor team. 

Archived