Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Look no further.

Rally5

For all the post game diagnostics, this sums up the loss:  Minshew 19/20 190 3 TDS, Rivers 36/46 1/2.  River can't carry a team anymore, you flip these two box scores Colts win.  We were supposed to win up front and we lost on both sides of the line. Minshew took what the defense gave him and protected the ball and typically found himself in favorable downs staying on or ahead of schedule most of the game and threw but ONE incompletion.

The new additions and the rookies didn't really show up, seems like the same team as last year.  If this team is as talented as proposed  at some point it has to prove it on the field.  You can't talk Superbowl and go to J'ville who has a depleted roster and get beat, simply unacceptable candidly, it's not an over reaction, it's just the truth.  And yes, there's a lot of season left but that's starting to become a real tired mantra isn't it?!

Take the points on the road.

Sometimes you have to take the sack.

Get off the field on third down.

Ugh...Go Colts!

I view the defense scheme as a symbiotic relationship with the offense, works great when you have a lead and the front four can tee off, or you have HOF talent e.g. Freeney/Mathis and you can drop 7 in coverage.  We're not doing either, we don't get home quick enough and of DB's can't keep coverage which is tough to do in today's NFL.  Total system failure in terms of scheme and what we aspire to do, not a good day.

A LOT of people didn't show up today.  I'm hoping like heck it's just due to lack of preseason and maybe overlooking the Jags a tad.  If not, we're in trouble,  But we'll have to wait 7 days to find out.  But in the meantime I'm listening to NOTHING that comes from the organization.  They will undoubtedly spin it every way they can positively.  It will mean very little.

9 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

A LOT of people didn't show up today.  I'm hoping like heck it's just due to lack of preseason and maybe overlooking the Jags a tad.  If not, we're in trouble,  But we'll have to wait 7 days to find out.  But in the meantime I'm listening to NOTHING that comes from the organization.  They will undoubtedly spin it every way they can positively.  It will mean very little.

We'll likely bounce back and we're going to have some great games this year, no doubt.  BUT you have to win the one's you're supposed to and then win a couple you shouldn't.  We consistently have these types of games and these types of starts.  Either we have a talent issue or a coaching issue, both pain me to say.  J'ville had an undrafted rookie RB and a sixth round QB beat us with the same training camp restrictions we had.  We have nearly the same players, coaches, and scheme as last year, we should have benefited from a truncated camp, but alas....we did not! 

20 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I view the defense scheme as a symbiotic relationship with the offense, works great when you have a lead and the front four can tee off, or you have HOF talent e.g. Freeney/Mathis and you can drop 7 in coverage.  We're not doing either, we don't get home quick enough and of DB's can't keep coverage which is tough to do in today's NFL.  Total system failure in terms of scheme and what we aspire to do, not a good day.

Great post.  Agree completely.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Our Coach and our OC and DC have a lot of explaining to do.  Take the points on the road.  It's okay to take the sack or throw it away.  Avoid turnovers.   Coaches lose games too.  Not just the players.

Yes. The only positive I took away from the game was the defense really flew to the ball, good pursuit, just always too late.  The effort wasn't lacking to be fair, the game plan wasn't good, the decision making was poor, and we were physically beat on both sides of the line.

Archived