Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The bolded isn't meant to be, it's meant to be a temporary overreaction to vent. Nothing more, nothing less. 

 

I understand.

 

You're allowed to do that, and I'm allowed to point out when your overreactions are unreasonable, and then vent my frustrations about it.

 

You don't need to get so defensive and start calling fans "naive" or "stupid" because they don't feel as upset as you do after a loss, or as happy and optimistic after a win.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Were we watching the same Taylor?   Because I thought he looked tantalizingly fast, talented, and physical for a rookie RB.   Also looked better catching the ball than I ever expec

Taylor should have gotten the ball on that 4th and 1.

And the history of bad threads from the ol Nickster continues...  

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't think so, but I think you like when the fanbase is like that so they are trained not to question anything and just blindly cheer anything. Like taking away their freedom of expression.

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I understand.

 

You're allowed to do that, and I'm allowed to point out when your overreactions are unreasonable, and then vent my frustrations about it.

 

You don't need to get so defensive and start calling fans "naive" or "stupid" because they don't feel as upset as you do after a loss, or as happy and optimistic after a win.

I agree. I didn't call anyone out specifically. I just mean the general population who isn't as informed. Most people here are very informed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Every Wisco back since Ron Dayne has had Huge numbers and hardly any of them have been good pros.  Look up Wisco RBs man.  Huge huge numbers every year since the mid 90s.  

Montee Ball drank himself out of the league, James White has had a very good career. Melvin Gordon hasn't exactly been chopped liver. JT is off to a very good start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree. I didn't call anyone out specifically. I just mean the general population who isn't as informed. Most people here are very informed.

I personally take offense at that comment! 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom line is we won, and limited the opponent to 11 pts.  All around performance by the players.....JT excelled and will get better in YPC as the season progresses.  Just hope we sustain this consistency from the QB position down to the Spec Teams...Go Colts!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2020 at 6:33 PM, Nickster said:

I’m guessing on film study, his carries won’t look good bud.

 

i remember a couple times wondering why he didn’t hit it Up in there as advertised.  Very Dane, Richardson looking 

You are a troll.

 

Newly joined member, and you will see quickly that your posts will become irrelevant. Also, when you are posting stats to try and camoflage subjective statements you should keep in mind sample size. 

 

 

You are comparing 2 games to stats based on 16 in a lot of cases. Also, there is such a thing called qualitative data. These things have no numbers, but can still be measured based on opinion, especially in surveys. The speed and force in which JT runs is something that is hard to quantify. However, it is something that needs to be considered especially regarding a rookie.

 

Truth be told, I think a simple statistics course would help you. OR perhaps a refresher. 

 

Here is to hoping your post quality improves seeing as you like to post quite a bit. 

 

AKB

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

You are a troll.

 

Newly joined member, and you will see quickly that your posts will become irrelevant. Also, when you are posting stats to try and camoflage subjective statements you should keep in mind sample size. 

 

 

You are comparing 2 games to stats based on 16 in a lot of cases. Also, there is such a thing called qualitative data. These things have no numbers, but can still be measured based on opinion, especially in surveys. The speed and force in which JT runs is something that is hard to quantify. However, it is something that needs to be considered especially regarding a rookie.

 

Truth be told, I think a simple statistics course would help you. OR perhaps a refresher. 

 

Here is to hoping your post quality improves seeing as you like to post quite a bit. 

 

AKB

There he is.  The internet tough guy.  Slow clap and intimidation reigns. 

 

I've been on here over a year, and call it like I see it, but thanks for your advice ITG (Internet Tough Guy)

 

i said i wasn't impressed with the dude's running.  How is that a camoflaged subjective statement?  it's a subjective statement right out in the open.

 

Do I need your permission to be subjective?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

You are a troll.

 

Newly joined member, and you will see quickly that your posts will become irrelevant. Also, when you are posting stats to try and camoflage subjective statements you should keep in mind sample size. 

 

 

You are comparing 2 games to stats based on 16 in a lot of cases. Also, there is such a thing called qualitative data. These things have no numbers, but can still be measured based on opinion, especially in surveys. The speed and force in which JT runs is something that is hard to quantify. However, it is something that needs to be considered especially regarding a rookie.

 

Truth be told, I think a simple statistics course would help you. OR perhaps a refresher. 

 

Here is to hoping your post quality improves seeing as you like to post quite a bit. 

 

AKB

Eh, I thought the same at first (mostly because of the rash of other negative posts after last week's loss) but he has stuck by this thread and clearly stated his viewpoints several times and why he believes them, while showing respect to others.  I think he's proven that he's not trolling.  It's just an unpopular opinion, which is perfectly fine.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

  Montee Ball drank himself out of the league, James White has had a very good career. Melvin Gordon hasn't exactly been chopped liver. JT is off to a very good start.

Gordon is OK.  he wasn't worth what he thought he was worth.  He only averaged more than  3.9 ypc once in his career though.  He was valuable because of his contributions in the passing game.

 

James White has been a decent player but almost exclusively in the passing game.

 

Ball is an unknown.  No doubt. Showed some potential, but it's impossible to say either way.

 

I don't think it's a secret that Wisco backs tend to bust though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Gordon is OK.  he wasn't worth what he thought he was worth.  He only averaged more than  3.9 ypc once in his career though.  He was valuable because of his contributions in the passing game.

 

James White has been a decent player but almost exclusively in the passing game.

 

Ball is an unknown.  No doubt. Showed some potential, but it's impossible to say either way.

 

I don't think it's a secret that Wisco backs tend to bust though.

What is the % of running backs in the league that were great in college and don't reach superstar status. There are more so called bust than there are who become stars. Give him at least a year and then we will know more. So far I and very pleased with his performance with 1 game as a starter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Montee Ball drank himself out of the league, James White has had a very good career. Melvin Gordon hasn't exactly been chopped liver. JT is off to a very good start.

 

38 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

What is the % of running backs in the league that were great in college and don't reach superstar status. There are more so called bust than there are who become stars. Give him at least a year and then we will know more. So far I and very pleased with his performance with 1 game as a starter.

  I agree but I can't think of a U that has RBs put up such gaudy #s and usually underwhlem can you?  

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be so quick to throw JT in the recycling bin. #1 he's a rookie and as already ran for over 100 yards within 2 games. You are comparing him to jags UDFA RB who yes, is having a fantastic year thus far. But JAGs RB performance has nothing to do with JT's performance, which is pretty darn good to say the least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to throw JT in the recycling bin. #1 he's a rookie and as already ran for over 100 yards within 2 games. You are comparing him to jags UDFA RB who yes, is having a fantastic year thus far. But JAGs RB performance has nothing to do with JT's performance, which is pretty darn good to say the least.

I didn't throw him in the recycling bin.  I said I wasn't impressed with his running and I'm not.  He's going to be good at short yardage, apparantly the passing game (if he can pass pro), and will occasionally break off large chunks of yds. when the hole is clear and he can use that burst.

 

In other situaions, espeacially calls when he runs laterally with the LOS, I think he will struggle.  

 

I compared him to Helaire, the other Colts RBs, and the Colts running game last year as well as the UDFA.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nickster said:

There he is.  The internet tough guy.  Slow clap and intimidation reigns. 

 

I've been on here over a year, and call it like I see it, but thanks for your advice ITG (Internet Tough Guy)

 

i said i wasn't impressed with the dude's running.  How is that a camoflaged subjective statement?  it's a subjective statement right out in the open.

 

Do I need your permission to be subjective?

You don't need anyone's permission to be wrong either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You don't need anyone's permission to be wrong either. 

Thanks for that. 

 

But you are going to have to explain to me slowly how I can be wrong about my impression of something.

 

BTW, in case you needed it, here is the Webster definintion of impression that is germaine to the topic.

 

2 : the effect that something or someone has on a person's thoughts or feelings

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Thanks for that. 

 

But you are going to have to explain to me slowly how I can be wrong about my impression of something.

 

BTW, in case you needed it, here is the Webster definintion of impression that is germaine to the topic.

 

2 : the effect that something or someone has on a person's thoughts or feelings

I don't need anything explained to me. 

You are what is called a Debbie Downer. Drawing conclusions before the whole picture is drawn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickster said:

I didn't throw him in the recycling bin.  I said I wasn't impressed with his running and I'm not.  He's going to be good at short yardage, apparantly the passing game (if he can pass pro), and will occasionally break off large chunks of yds. when the hole is clear and he can use that burst.

 

In other situaions, espeacially calls when he runs laterally with the LOS, I think he will struggle.  

 

I compared him to Helaire, the other Colts RBs, and the Colts running game last year as well as the UDFA.  

I have problems with 80% of what you said. 1) have you seen JT get tackled? 9/10 he is moving forward after the tackle, and there were times in Vikings game where he carried a pile of Vikings. 2) On dump/screen plays, he has shown to get angles on the on suing tackler. 3) He has shown on multiple occasions to a) not just hit the Homerun run (Over 20+yards) but b) Can put his foot in the dirt and make the defender miss with one cut.

 

Im confused as to what you aren't impressed with because you start off with 3 great complements to have in a back. And running laterally (I guess referencing a stretch play), If JT is a North/South player that can take the right angles to beat the pursuing tackler, and he has a 6th gear, I DONT KNOW what you want from a rookie RB with 2 games under his belt. He isn't a scat back like Hines per say. which is a great luxury to have. 

 

P.S. Do some homework on Johnathan Taylor. He only ran for over 6,000 yards, with only like 55 TDs in 3 years. I think he knows how to run the ball. (All things considered).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

I have problems with 80% of what you said. 1) have you seen JT get tackled? 9/10 he is moving forward after the tackle, and there were times in Vikings game where he carried a pile of Vikings. 2) On dump/screen plays, he has shown to get angles on the on suing tackler. 3) He has shown on multiple occasions to a) not just hit the Homerun run (Over 20+yards) but b) Can put his foot in the dirt and make the defender miss with one cut.

 

Im confused as to what you aren't impressed with because you start off with 3 great complements to have in a back. And running laterally (I guess referencing a stretch play), If JT is a North/South player that can take the right angles to beat the pursuing tackler, and he has a 6th gear, I DONT KNOW what you want from a rookie RB with 2 games under his belt. He isn't a scat back like Hines per say. which is a great luxury to have. 

 

P.S. Do some homework on Johnathan Taylor. He only ran for over 6,000 yards, with only like 55 TDs in 3 years. I think he knows how to run the ball. (All things considered).

I don’t know how much of this thread you have read but I’ve made the same points several times as to what I am unimpressed with.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 3:29 PM, James said:

He is very impressive, but I feel like he could he hit the holes way harder than what he does. He has the acceleration to do it.
 

Anyone else seeing that?

Yes.  I think the hole has to be clearly blocked and visible for JT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

OK bud.  Thanks for your insightful contributions to the dialogue.

 

This whole thread is about your impressions. Even after Taylor showed your impressions were wrong. 

Instead of just admitting you may have been wrong with your first impression you now choose to be argumentative. 

Time will have the answers so now we will wait to see if you man up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazycolt1 said:

 

This whole thread is about your impressions. Even after Taylor showed your impressions were wrong. 

Instead of just admitting you may have been wrong with your first impression you now choose to be argumentative. 

Time will have the answers so now we will wait to see if you man up. 

Whatever man.  I’ll man up if I see something different, but I still wouldn’t be wrong about my “impression”.  It’s what I see.  
 

last year I got into it with some guys aboutnJB. Even when we were winning and the TD Int ratio was good I thought he was not starter material.  Almost no one thinks he’s starter material anymore.  Certainly not the Colts who picked up an FA and drafted one.  It wasn’t popular then either.

 

inthink JT will have value well above JB but I don’t think he will be as good as advertised and we will get another guy so that some of these plays can be executed more effectively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Whatever man.  I’ll man up if I see something different, but I still wouldn’t be wrong about my “impression”.  It’s what I see.  
 

last year I got into it with some guys aboutnJB. Even when we were winning and the TD Int ratio was good I thought he was not starter material.  Almost no one thinks he’s starter material anymore.  Certainly not the Colts who picked up an FA and drafted one.  It wasn’t popular then either.

 

inthink JT will have value well above JB but I don’t think he will be as good as advertised and we will get another guy so that some of these plays can be executed more effectively.

What does last years problems have to do with Taylor? 

I highly doubt anyone cares about what my impressions were last season. All old news at this point.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

 

Less than a week ago, you both were saying the Jags were the worst team in the league (as a reason to fire Reich, no less).

 

Now it's the Jets.

 

:thinking:

The Jets top 3 weapons for our game? The oldest NFL (by nearly a half decade) Frank Gore at RB, Chris Herndon at TE and Braxton Berrios as their #1 WR.  They may be the least talented group of offensive weapons in decades available to play for them on Sunday. Could they lose? Of course, they lost to an inferior Jacksonville team and nearly gave up 100% completions for the entire game. If they can play that poorly, they COULD loose to anyone. And if it happens, someone needs to go. If you have a significant advantage at Offensive skill positions and O and D lines, and LB, you should perform and win without difficulty. 

 

I still think they should have beaten the Jags who got rid of most of their Defense in a Firesale. They  should have scored more points and put the Vikings away even earlier. Some people act like they beat the Ravens. The Vikings O & D lines are pitiful as is their D in general. They have one excellent WR and RB (which the Colts did a great job against) but not much else to work with.  

 

The  Colts need to take care of business over the next 5 games. 6 of 8 after that are brutal and will take them roaring on all cylinders to finish better than 4-4. Nearly every team has an inexplicable loss. Let's hope week 1 was the Colt's. They'll likely take some legit losses after midseason even if they're playing well. If we want the Colts to finish 10-6 or better, they have to take care of business the next 5 weeks. The Colts should be at least an even or favored match for all of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

david hasselhoff singing GIF, sing it with me everybody, FREEDOM haha . The inside joke is, he sing a song called Freedom lmao . Dont Hassell the Hoff.

LOL, Before I scrolled down, I thought that was our owner in his younger days

:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So what would we consider not a bust for JT.  I say if we can get 5-6yrs out of him with 4000 yards and 25 tds, that would more than justify a second round pick. I can see him going for 1k yards for 2-3 seasons and then the injuries will start to add up and we move on. He is a 2nd round pick so I expect above average production but not bell cow numbers.  Somewhere in that 800-900 range and 5-8 tds a year depending how we use him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...