Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I will say the Jags got rid of a lot of their "dirty laundry players" that didn't want to be there. Now they have a team that buys into Doug Marrone's system. They will be a team to watch this season. the real test will be whether they continue to fight hard all season, or fade into obscurity.

Chemistry is huge, sometimes it overcomes talent, hard to believe but it happens. Jags almost beat the Titans today.

• Like 1
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Were we watching the same Taylor?   Because I thought he looked tantalizingly fast, talented, and physical for a rookie RB.   Also looked better catching the ball than I ever expec

Taylor should have gotten the ball on that 4th and 1.

And the history of bad threads from the ol Nickster continues...  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Until DM costs them a game

That'll probably happen tbh. Every coach costs teams games during the year (unless you're the 72 Dolphins or 07 Pats). It's how you adjust to those games. In our case, Reich adjusted and I'm happy he did so. The Jags may not be so fortunate when their time comes.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In Andrew's 1st 3 years we had 1 guy over 100 Yards and in just his 2nd game JT goes over 100. You are looking worse and worse with each post, JMO.

Yeah, I agree he needs to stop posting because he is looking worse and worse with every post. I know he doesn't look as good Edge did as a rookie but Edge is a hall of famer and that's very rare. But besides Edge I don't see another rookie RB look this good with this team besides Edge. I know some so will say Faulk but he's also is a hall a famer and a different style runner. JT looks outstanding to me yeah he could have gone some different directions and got some more yards but that will come with more experience. I'm excited for JT's potential going forward. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That'll probably happen tbh. Every coach costs teams games during the year (unless you're the 72 Dolphins or 07 Pats). It's how you adjust to those games. In our case, Reich adjusted and I'm happy he did so. The Jags may not be so fortunate when their time comes.

You bring those 2 teams up but it is ashame the 2009 Colts didn't go 16-0, they started 14-0 but Polian pulled the plug.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, I agree he needs to stop posting because he is looking worse and worse with every post. I know he doesn't look as good Edge did as a rookie but Edge is a hall of famer and that's very rare. But besides Edge I don't see another rookie RB look this good with this team besides Edge. I know some so will say Faulk but he's also is a hall a famer and a different style runner. JT looks outstanding to me yeah he could have gone some different directions and got some more yards but that will come with more experience. I'm excited for JT's potential going forward. 

I brought up Dickerson too but never said he was Dickerson, I said he could be.

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

You don’t have to talk about me behind my back.  I’m right here.

JK.  You dudes are funny though.  Some of you seem to have a lot personally invested in My opinion of Jonathan Taylor’s 35 NFL carries for 123 yds.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It has become a trend in Jax

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You bring those 2 teams up but it is ashame the 2009 Colts didn't go 16-0, they started 14-0 but Polian pulled the plug.

I was really getting into football a lot more at this time, and I never got over this. I didn't have people that could explain why he did this, and I took it out on my friends for a week. This is probably the worst decision from a coach I've ever seen. To rob your team of history is completely unforgivable. I hated Polian after that and wanted him gone. Still leaves a bitter taste in my moth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I was really getting into football a lot more at this time, and I never got over this. I didn't have people that could explain why he did this, and I took it out on my friends for a week. This is probably the worst decision from a coach I've ever seen. To rob your team of history is completely unforgivable. I hated Polian after that and wanted him gone. Still leaves a bitter taste in my moth.

Yeah I almost quit watching football after that, I was * for a week. I was like ok, if we win the SB I will still be ok and then we didn't cliff collapse GIF- a perfect season that went right all season but ended badly.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It didn’t bother me but I grew up around coaches

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I almost quit watching football after that, I was * for a week. I was like ok, if we win the SB I will still be ok and then we didn't cliff collapse GIF- a perfect season that went right all season but ended badly.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am about history and being the best ever - you know that, that 2009 Colts team gave up on that. That bothers me. If I were Coaching I would've told Polian I am keeping Peyton in and going for history, that is just me. Fire me at the end of the season lol but firing a coach that goes 16-0 would've made Polian look bad.

This is the issue with looking at bottom line stats and using them to judge a player. JT controlled this game. Picked up short yardage plays to get the 1st down when needed and was the reason we dominated time of possession. 100 yards and a TD in his 2nd game and 1st game as the lead back, color me impressed and excited to see this young man's bright future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, TheMose said:

This is the issue with looking at bottom line stats and using them to judge a player. JT controlled this game. Picked up short yardage plays to get the 1st down when needed and was the reason we dominated time of possession. 100 yards and a TD in his 2nd game and 1st game as the lead back, color me impressed and excited to see this young man's bright future

approval agree GIFMark Ruffalo Abc GIF by Emmys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meh. What about the oline?

the dude took a lot of carries and moved the pile when he went forward.  We need that.  That’s good.  I think he left a lot of yds on the field though running into the pile.  I think he lacks vision but he definitely lacks lateral quickness and Indy likes to run laterally.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

the dude took a lot of carries and moved the pile when he went forward.  We need that.  That’s good.  I think he left a lot of yds on the field though running into the pile.  I think he lacks vision but he definitely lacks lateral quickness and Indy likes to run laterally.

Indy is going to like whatever fits their lead back best. It's his 2nd game. The coaches and him will adapt to allow him to reach his maximum potential. I don't really care what you think he left on the field, I care about with he walked away from the field with and that's a W. 

• Like 2

Indy is going to like whatever fits their lead back best. It's his 2nd game. The coaches and him will adapt to allow him to reach his maximum potential. I don't really care what you think he left on the field, I care about with he walked away from the field with and that's a W. 

John Oliver Abc GIF by Emmys

• Thanks 1

Some of y'all won't ever forgive the team for resting players. I will never forgive some of you for making sure we have to be reminded of that, over, and over, and over.......

So I guess we all have our foibles. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Wow , just wow. 2nd NFL game, first as a starter on a brand new team. He averaged over 2,050 yds a year in the Big 10 in his 3 years and you say he lacks vision and definitely lacks lateral quickness. Are you saying he never had it or he lost it since college? How many backs in the B10 average over 2.050 yds per year? How can you do that when you lack vision and lateral quickness?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'll say this.  I was unimpressed the first game.  This game, however, was totally different.  Glad he's on our team.  I think, barring injury, he can get to a 1k yd season quicker than Mack did.  Still got stuff to learn, but man, picking up first downs, that was the most impressing thing to me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'll say this.  I was unimpressed the first game.  This game, however, was totally different.  Glad he's on our team.  I think, barring injury, he can get to a 1k yd season quicker than Mack did.  Still got stuff to learn, but man, picking up first downs, that was the most impressing thing to me.

I agree. To me he looks pro ready. 100 yards in his 2nd start is impressive no matter how anyone tries to discredit it.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. To me he looks pro ready. 100 yards in his 2nd start is impressive no matter how anyone tries to discredit it.

I mean he’s just the first Colts rookie running back to do it since Vick Ballard did it and the second to do it since Joseph Addai.

• Like 1

I think he played much better this week. Seemed more decisive with his runs and I loved his willingness to lower his shoulder.

The biggest thing I liked about him today though was how he always fell forward and got positive yards, even when there wasn’t a whole lot to work with on the play. That was a quality that Edge had that I saw today with Taylor.

• Thanks 1

To me I think he is going to get better and better with each game he plays.  This was his first start and I thought he looked a little tentative on a number of his handoffs.  Didn't hit a hole as fast as I was expecting.  And he still looked great.  The more he plays the more comfortable he will get with the offense and that's going to lead to more confidence and quicker decisions.  His story is only going to get better and better.  We just might have another blue chipper here.  The real deal.  

11 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I hope he keeps learning and improving. Showed lots of potential today.

He has not other choice BUT to.  He literally will be productive behind this line if he just puts his head down and run behind our line.  When he start hitting those cutbacks and breaking more tackles, he's going to be a problem.  If he already isn't one.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, we are 1-1 now instead of 0-2 (which is huge), and we get to face the Jets next week who may actually be the worst team in the NFL. Big swing for us after today. Hopefully we keep the momentum going.

Remove the "may" from your comment. Their first two games they appear to be historically bad. I will be shocked if they win 5 games. They may be in the running for the #1 pick. 

• Like 1

Phillip Rivers: 

"You're talking about his second game, no OTAs, zero preseason games and he was the workhorse today," he said. "Jonathan's going to be a heck of a player. He made some unbelievable cuts, unbelievable runs today where you can see the more experience he gets, he's going to make those cuts without any hesitation."i

Of course he's going to say good things about his teammate, but I think he's right. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Nickster said:

I mean come on guys he had 3.9 ypc today in a game that the Colts manhandled the team at the line of sceimmage.  None of you rah rah guys noticed him running into tackles on many carries or his tentativeness going lateral to the line?

he moves the pile no doubt and that is great and we need it.  But watch his carries again if you can.

You've compared Taylor negatively to Marlon Mack a couple of times in this thread. I wonder if you remember how modest Mack's accomplishments as a rookie were. He finished his rookie season with 358 rushing yards, a high game of 91 yards, and a 3.8 yards per carry average. 

Mack made his NFL debut in the season-opener at the Los Angeles Rams and had ten carries for 24 yards. He scored his first NFL touchdown on a three-yard carry during the fourth quarter of their 46–9 loss. Mack was inactive for two games (Weeks 3–4) due to a shoulder injury.[31] In Week 5, Mack had nine carries for a season-high 91 rushing yards and a touchdown during a 26–23 overtime victory against the San Francisco 49ers.[32] Three weeks later, Mack had a season-high 11 carries for 27 yards and caught three passes for 36 yards and made his first touchdown reception on a 24-yard pass from quarterback Jacoby Brissett during the third quarter as the Colts narrowly lost 24–23 at the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 8.[33]

Mack finished his rookie year with 93 carries for 358 rushing yards (3.8 YPC) and three touchdowns in 14 games and no starts. 

27 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

You've compared Taylor negatively to Marlon Mack a couple of times in this thread. I wonder if you remember how modest Mack's accomplishments as a rookie were. He finished his rookie season with 358 rushing yards, a high game of 91 yards, and a 3.8 yards per carry average. 

Mack made his NFL debut in the season-opener at the Los Angeles Rams and had ten carries for 24 yards. He scored his first NFL touchdown on a three-yard carry during the fourth quarter of their 46–9 loss. Mack was inactive for two games (Weeks 3–4) due to a shoulder injury.[31] In Week 5, Mack had nine carries for a season-high 91 rushing yards and a touchdown during a 26–23 overtime victory against the San Francisco 49ers.[32] Three weeks later, Mack had a season-high 11 carries for 27 yards and caught three passes for 36 yards and made his first touchdown reception on a 24-yard pass from quarterback Jacoby Brissett during the third quarter as the Colts narrowly lost 24–23 at the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 8.[33]

Mack finished his rookie year with 93 carries for 358 rushing yards (3.8 YPC) and three touchdowns in 14 games and no starts. 

Don't you bring my boy Mack into your Debbie Downer thread!

JK good win yesterday guys. I still follow your team. I obviously wish this year turned out different for Mack but I will root for you guys the rest of the way. JT is a stud just needs to work on his patience, I could see Marlon helping him with that.

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

I think you're going to change your argument each week to fit your narrative.  Because for some illogical reason, you have chosen the "JT Unimpressive" hill to make your stand.

Last week, it was an "unimpressive" stat-line at 22 yds on 9 carries (you kept beating that drum over and over and over), and being "unimpressive" between the tackles.

This week, his stat-line is much better at 100+ yds and 1 TD on 26 carries (even though you're still nitpicking his sub 4.0 avg).  So "leaving yds on the field" is your main gripe now because he ran well between the tackles (dude was a people-mover this week), but didn't break off a big run?  Did you watch the game?  Did you notice that almost every time he hit the hole, it was with both hands covering the ball, and he finished almost every run with both hands over the ball?  Hmmm... maybe the gameplan this week wasn't getting cute to get extra yds, maybe it was protecting the ball, ie no turnovers, which is what lost us the game last week...  hmmm... controlling the clock... hmmm... doing exactly what they did to get a dominant win... hmmm... just maybe!

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, we are 1-1 now instead of 0-2 (which is huge), and we get to face the Jets next week who may actually be the worst team in the NFL. Big swing for us after today. Hopefully we keep the momentum going.

4 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Remove the "may" from your comment. Their first two games they appear to be historically bad. I will be shocked if they win 5 games. They may be in the running for the #1 pick. 

Less than a week ago, you both were saying the Jags were the worst team in the league (as a reason to fire Reich, no less).

Now it's the Jets.

:thinking:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Less than a week ago, you both were saying the Jags were the worst team in the league (as a reason to fire Reich, no less).

Now it's the Jets.

Generally people watch and change their viewpoints over time when they gain new information. I can't believe you are literally criticizing me over that in a sport such as football where we have sample sizes and we have to learn as we go during a season. The bad coaching supports it, the bad team, the lack of effort on offense and defense. If you watched the Jets play during the last 18 games with Adam Gase you'd agree with me. 

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Now it's the Jets.

Jets lost nearly the their whole wr corp and their best back is gore 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

To me I think he is going to get better and better with each game he plays.  This was his first start and I thought he looked a little tentative on a number of his handoffs.  Didn't hit a hole as fast as I was expecting

I have to agree with you.  I wasn't blown away.  Good first start, but he has room to improve.

I honestly thought Wilkins looked better.  He's certainly a capable #2.  I never understood why so many people wanted to get rid of him.  From day one, every time he's gotten an opportunity he's been solid as hell.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Jets lost nearly the their whole wr corp and their best back is gore 

Add that to the fact they have the worst coach in the league, they traded Jamal Adams, CJ Mosley opted out, and the team has given up already, and this is a team that is just playing for a paycheck at this point. They lost to a team with Garappolo hurt, Mostert hurt, Bosa hurt, Solomon Thomas hurt, and Kittle out, as well as their WRs. It was really embarrassing for them, they didn't even put up an effort against the 49ers backups.

• Nadine locked this topic