Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

.  But are you really saying you don't know what people mean when they say Shaq can't make foul shots?

No I'm not trying to say that at all.  But it's one thing when you say something like that to a group of people that know you, your sense of humor and your level of intelligence and something completely different when you say something like that on a message board like this one where you are surrounded by an infinite number of people who...how do I say this nicely...don't really know what they're talking about.  Here, your post gets intermingled with others posts from people who complain about things that never happened.  We have people on here who don't watch the games but rather base their complaints on a stat line.  And I'm just being honest here, but up until your last couple of posts, that's what it seemed like you were doing. 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Were we watching the same Taylor?   Because I thought he looked tantalizingly fast, talented, and physical for a rookie RB.   Also looked better catching the ball than I ever expec

Taylor should have gotten the ball on that 4th and 1.

And the history of bad threads from the ol Nickster continues...  

Posted Images

Just now, J@son said:

No I'm not trying to say that at all.  But it's one thing when you say something like that to a group of people that know you, your sense of humor and your level of intelligence and something completely different when you say something like that on a message board like this one where you are surrounded by an infinite number of people who...how do I say this nicely...don't really know what they're talking about.  Here, your post gets intermingled with others posts from people who complain about things that never happened.  We have people on here who don't watch the games but rather base their complaints on a stat line.  And I'm just being honest here, but up until your last couple of posts, that's what it seemed like you were doing. 

Agree 100% dude.  Well put.  

Like I said, I was very discouraged (as a sports fan) by the performance.  I really like Mack too.  I hope my skepticism is off base about JT man.  That would be great and I would be happy to come on here and say what a argumentative dumbadz I am.

• Like 2
On 9/18/2020 at 1:07 PM, Nickster said:

No one question his speed Jason, but there is more to running on the edges than initial straight line speed.  Equally if not more important is the cut up field, both the power of the cut and knowing when to do it.

I'm not trying to be obtuse.  I think JT was unimpressive running and I've said why.  I see your perspective.  

I am skeptical.  I hope like every other wisco RB in the last 25 yrs, he's not dependent upon massive obvious holes to be effective in the running game that's all.  I might see something different this week, and I hope to.

And to be honest, if he was from any other school but Wisco, I'd probably be less skeptical.  Wisco is kinda like RB Bust U.  Interestingly, James White has been a decent pro but almost all in the passing game.  And Gordon's value came from the passing game.  He's only every had one season when he averaged more than 3.9 ypc.  

Thankfully your first impressions seem to be off base.

• Like 4

Told ya this guy was legit, seen him play 30 plus college games. Leading rusher alll time NCAA per season played. Speed to burn as seen today can drive inside, hands better then most believed.....we have a stud people, just sit back and enjoy

• Like 1

JT honestly looked like a pro.  Great protection of the ball.  Great vision to follow behind his blockers.  Clean running.  M

very patient also.  He barely missed a hole today.  Missed a few cutback opportunities but hit pretty much every hole that was opened.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, he looked really good. 

Wilkins did too, happy to see him get carries. Those two could be a solid tandem this season.

Somebody kept trying to tell me that Hines would continue to get more carries than Wilkins with Mack out. I'm really glad that wasn't true today.

6 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

JT honestly looked like a pro.  Great protection of the ball.  Great vision to follow behind his blockers.  Clean running.  M

very patient also.  He barely missed a hole today.  Missed a few cutback opportunities but hit pretty much every hole that was opened.

I hope he keeps learning and improving. Showed lots of potential today.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, James said:

He is very impressive, but I feel like he could he hit the holes way harder than what he does. He has the acceleration to do it.

Anyone else seeing that?

I feel like Rathman teaches his backs to run with patience. Same with Wilkins and Mack.

I was impressed with Taylor today. He looks lethal in the screen game too. 

Wilkins impressive in the backup as usual.

• Like 1

What I loved about JT today:

He gets the tough yards after initial contact, could almost guarantee that the first defender to impact him was going backwards

What I didnt like: Timing seems off with the O-Line, felt like he was hitting where the crease was drawn up to be, instead of having Mack's patience to allow the blocks to develop a bit more

• Like 2

We need another guy gents.  I don’t mean he’s not good enough to play but he creates basically nothing that isn’t clearly blocked.  He will be good short yardage.  That problem of short yardage is in good hands. 

he is good when he gets to the second level finishing runs.  He isn’t good At finding holes or cutting.  I think there were way more than 101 yds on those 26 carries.  Still underwhelming running imo.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

We need another guy gents.  I don’t mean he’s not good enough to play but he creates basically nothing that isn’t clearly blocked.  He will be good short yardage.  That problem of short yardage is in good hands. 

he is good when he gets to the second level finishing runs.  He isn’t good At finding holes or cutting.  I think there were way more than 101 yds on those 26 carries.  Still underwhelming running imo.

He is a rookie. Give him time to develop that patience. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't disagree with there possibly being more yards there that were missed, especially for an "elite" prospect. But I gotta think as his reps increase, he'll learn some patience to hit those cutbacks, much like Mack did. Mack didn't start out nearly as patient as he has become... hopefully JT learns to do the same because he's a bruiser and he's fast. Improved vision could vault him into league leading territory. If that doesn't happen though, we may have a 3.75-4.25 guy on our hands... which isn't great but there are worse things I suppose.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is a rookie. Give him time to develop that patience. 

I don’t think that has anything to do with what I’m talking about.  Colts like to run parallel to the line of scrimmage. JT is not suited for that. I think this is fairly obvious.

We need another player who can run laterally.  He is food running North south when the hole is where it is supposed to be. 

Several times he ran right into the pile when there were yds to the left or right. Just watch the cut ups If you don’t beleive me.

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I don't disagree with there possibly being more yards there that were missed, especially for an "elite" prospect. But I gotta think as his reps increase, he'll learn some patience to hit those cutbacks, much like Mack did. Mack didn't start out nearly as patient as he has become... hopefully JT learns to do the same because he's a bruiser and he's fast. Improved vision could vault him into league leading territory. If that doesn't happen though, we may have a 3.75-4.25 guy on our hands... which isn't great but there are worse things I suppose.

I agree.  He would be better suited in an old fashioned I type of scheme.  I will be surprised if the colts don’t start splitting the carries soon.  Either with Wilkins or with a vet FA.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as Taylor can stay healthy he could be our next Dickerson, with the speed and strength he has. 100 today, we will see.

Come on man.  Dickerson?  You saw ED out  there today?

7 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I think he’s a pro don’t get me wrong.  He will be great at short yardage, He will break the occasional long one when there are big lanes with that speed, but he’s very uncreative and I think will be disappointing going forward for anyone who thinks he’s going to be elite.

3 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I think he’s a pro don’t get me wrong.  He will be great at short yardage, He will break the occasional long one when there are big lanes with that speed, but he’s very uncreative and I think will be disappointing going forward for anyone who thinks he’s going to be elite.

I bet he goes for 100 against the Jets next week too. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

What youre trying to say is hes Frank Gore

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I bet he goes for 100 against the Jets next week too. 

So what?  The Jets?  You get 26 carries you expect at least a hundo.

The Colts averaged 4.5 ypc last season. This year JT is at 3.5.  GB had over 5 ypc  v MN last week.  I am not impressed with this guys star power.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, krunk said:

What youre trying to say is hes Frank Gore.  

Gore had great vision and agility though.  Never explosive like JT.  Different types of runners.  JT is more like Hershel Walker IMo.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

100 yards in his 2nd career game and he didn't even break a long one. Imagine had he broke off a 50 yard run which he is capable of.

That’s kinda my point.  There was maybe a 50 yarder in there somewhere.

hes

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Making a assumption on Taylor after 2 games is kind of funny. Once he learns to be patient and wait for his blocks he is going to be great.

Are you assuming he’s going to be great?  Then what is the difference between what you and I are doing?

I simply maintain that I am still unimpressed by this guys rushing so far.

• Confused 1
15 minutes ago, Nickster said:

So what?  The Jets?  You get 26 carries you expect at least a hundo.

The Colts averaged 4.5 ypc last season. This year JT is at 3.5.  GB had over 5 ypc  v MN last week.  I am not impressed with this guys star power.

14081426.jpg

• Haha 4
19 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Are you assuming he’s going to be great?  Then what is the difference between what you and I are doing?

I simply maintain that I am still unimpressed by this guys rushing so far.

In Andrew's 1st 3 years we had 1 guy over 100 Yards and in just his 2nd game JT goes over 100. You are looking worse and worse with each post, JMO.

4 hours ago, John Waylon said:

And now it’ll be active after every single game of the season. Fail The Simpsons GIF

The thread should be locked, as the topic was in relation to the first game, which is now ancient history.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In Andrew's 1st 3 years we had 1 guy over 100 Yards and in just his 2nd game JT goes over 100. You are looking worse and worse with each post, JMO.

Yeah dude.  We had the worst interior 3 lineman in the league. Now we have two top 10 draft picks including a transcendent all time LG in there.  

What is funny is my initial post said he could be our next Dickerson because of his speed and strength, some people have a reading comprehension problem. I never said he was Dickerson. Then he gains 100 Yards in his 2nd game and people aren't happy. Comical to me.

• Like 2
  • Nadine locked this topic