Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Despite the loss i liked what i saw today...

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I think Mack going down caused more of an issue than anyone realizes. If you watched, until he got hurt Taylor hadn't played. Hines was #2 and Mack #1. When he went out, Taylor had to take that place even though that wasnt the plan today. If Mack stays for the game, I say we would have had more running and won. He was doing well, but him going out changed the plan and I think next week since they know it will be Taylor, they will have the game plan better set to get him going, cuz he did not.

We heard all week that every player was preparing like they would play. That goes on the coaches. How do you not prepare for something like that. That is unprepared and having no b plan.

Looks like this team needs to concentrate more on the game while they are in the facility and not social justice. Cancelling a practice when your team looks like it  did today is not a good look. Instead of worrying about what T-shirt’s your going to wear pregame worry about the game.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Since last season, I’d watch our team, then watch other games and think - “why do the Colts look like a minor league sort of team compared to the rest?”  

Facts. It is especially glaring when comparing the Colts defense while watching other teams play. 

Still a long way to go obviously, but this was one of those losses that bites at you because it's annoying more than anything else. An up and coming team technically shouldn't lose to a team where everyone was literally jumping ship during the off-season.

Long season, but week one was definitely a dud. 

Wanted to add also Eberflus' gotta get this D sorted out. It's def alarming how we have given up 90+ completion % games twice in a couple games in the last year.

We make it look way to easy on D sometimes.

1 hour ago, Aces101 said:

Pittman was selected over Shenault - I hope that doesn’t come back to haunt us for years to come.

They probably weren’t looking at Shenault after drafting Campbell last year...but who knows.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Malik Hooker can't play man coverage worth anything.

Yeah, I think Willis can be pretty good but I have 0 expectations for Hooker anymore....  Sad because I thought prior to his ACL injury he was looking like he could’ve been something incredibly special.  I don’t know what the issue is.  I don’t know if it’s a scheme issue or of he’s just not what we were hoping him to be.

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

The guy was on his knees and the little back got tackled by a guy on his knees dude.  Usually blocking a guy into a kneeling position is,considered a good block.

If he stayed on his block , they make the first . What does" knees dude" mean ?

Jags fan here, I just wanted to stop in and say 2 things. First in my opinion the reason you guys lost actually had very little to do with the Colts. Every team makes bad plays during a game, but the Jags have been over looked all year. They felt like they had more to prove. Outside of that I felt like the game was actually pretty close.

and the second thing is, keep your heads up. It's week 1 you lost a back and forth game but we only have 15 more. Try to enjoy them. I'm sure you guys will do good...just hopefully not better than the Jags.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I thought Campbell had his best game as a pro.  
Taylor showed some flashes.

Houston looked good.

i thought Glow played a really good game.

Rivers is better than Jacoby but still not as good as Luck so it’s a win but not where you wish the QB position could be.

Kenny Moore is still good.
outside of one miss (which rookies will do even chip shots) Hot Rod was right down the middle on the rest of his kicks.

The offense had no punts. 

That’s about it on the positives today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I imagine teams are gonna start taking away the short stuff from Rivers pretty quickly. I feel like it’s gonna be a somewhat similar story to last years offense. Really didn’t like his velocity on some of those longer throws. 

Yep, exactly. Rivers can't really get it over the top so teams will squeeze the WRs tight and  

contest every short to intermediate route.

Without a bunch of guys (WRs or TE who can threaten in the intermediate range) with a big catch

radius (what Rivers had in SD), Frank is gonna have to 'scheme separation' for guys underneath

(stacks, bunches, rubs,  dual-crossers, etc.).   

• Like 1
6 hours ago, krunk said:

Pittman will be fine.  I would like to have seen more targets, and I also would have like to have seen them let Patmon play.

You shouldn’t expect much production from a rookie aWR.

For the most part, I liked how Rivers had the offense flowing until they abandoned the running game.   Rivers had some errors, but for the most part he did pretty good for his first game one a new team, especially without pre season games.  

Hilton dropping those passes at a crucial time was disappointing.  

O-line didn't look good.

D-line looked bad.

Entire defense was bad.

Kicker missed a short kick, but was OK otherwise.

Coaching was very bad.

Plenty of blame on this one.  

• Like 1
  • Nadine featured and unfeatured this topic

Rivers 36 of 46 = 78,3%.

363 yards total, 7,9 yards per att.

Oline only 6 pressures on 50 dropbacks (PFF).

Colts 22 rush att. for 88 yards, Jaguars 23 rush att. for 93 yards.

Defense got 4 sacks, keep under 180 yards passing.

It's not like sky is falling. We have mediocre DBs and it shows. Just like offense has new QB, new RB, new WR3 and doesn't have normal offseason or preseason games.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I'm not gonna make any stupid posts I'll regret later because I'm still upset and SHOCKED by what I just witnessed.  But I'm down man, I'm down.  I just thought we made some great moves in the off-season, I loved our draft, we were healthy going into this game, the front end of the schedule was VERY favorable, and we come out right off the bat and march down the field for 7.  Things looked great.  Then Mack went down, our defense didn't show up, turnovers kill us, and now I don't know what to think.  Was this just a trap?  Were the players overlooking this team?  Did they just expect a W?  Or is this the team we get the rest of the way.  Either way, I'm down right now.  Could be better next week but not right this minute.  A little worried tbh.

I am very disappointed by the O-line.....4th and 1, and how many other times did we need just a year or two to keep the drive going...  The line touted to be the best in the NFL, couldn't get the job done and were in many cases handled by the Jags d-Line.  This whole team looked bad and the defense looked like the same one that chocked its way to 7 - 9 last year....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nickster said:

I saw Rivers chew him out after a failed screen attempt pretty good. I remember reading something similar about Rivers/Pittman in practice.

He’s definitely gonna struggle...hopefully he can flash some too though.

32 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

I am very disappointed by the O-line.....4th and 1, and how many other times did we need just a year or two to keep the drive going...  The line touted to be the best in the NFL, couldn't get the job done and were in many cases handled by the Jags d-Line.  This whole team looked bad and the defense looked like the same one that chocked its way to 7 - 9 last year....

Couldn't agree more.  If you're one of the best at something you get it done.  They didn't and they certainly deserve some of the blame.  I guess if I could point to ONE positive I found it would be the emergence of Campbell we had been waiting for.  But then he flexed on that LB and erased some of the positivity.  I also liked JT on that long pass play early on.  Other than that, I didn't much like anything else I saw Sunday.  Let's hope Sunday's game is better because it will NEED to be.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Are you the same guy who expected the world out of our rookie RB in his first game? I expect a decent showing out of Pittman as we move along. A couple targets a game id like to see. Get him more imvolved. Doesnt have to set the world on fire. Thats how you learn.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We heard all week that every player was preparing like they would play. That goes on the coaches. How do you not prepare for something like that. That is unprepared and having no b plan.

There is a difference between preparing for it, and actually being ready. Until you actually play, you dont fully know how they react. I think they were planning to have him just a little this game, since no preseason and get him some snaps, but forcing to play him fully, their gameplan is different since his snap was way higher

I've had time to digest the game.

Rivers looks like he will throw double digit INTs this season but the defense really needs to clean up a lot of things otherwise it will be a long season resulting in a ton of firings.

6 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I was impressed by Campbell minus his stupid taunting act. He actually looked like a halfway decent wide receiver. He was flying all over the field and made some great catches.

Actually while the taunting was stupid, it kind of showed a player that is playing with alot of confidence. He had the most snaps of any Colts reciever yesterday, which shows the coaching staff have big plans for him this year. Yesterday was his best game. I'm excited for him, I just hope he can stay healthy.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, krunk said:

Are you the same guy who expected the world out of our rookie RB in his first game? I expect a decent showing out of Pittman as we move along. A couple targets a game id like to see. Get him more imvolved. Doesnt have to set the world on fire. Thats how you learn.

RB and WR are not the same for rookie production.  Rookie RBs Often produce rookie WRs rarely do.  You didn’t know that Krunk?

On 9/13/2020 at 2:33 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

Rivers looked real good behind the pocket and that first series drive we had was great coaching and just masterfully done well. yes we lost to the jags they are a very tough opponent for us and have been for the last several years...but look at situation we were in, Mack goes down with an injury which really hurt us for the rest of the game and it should and worst of all we were playing an away game with rookies who never have seen game action period. i mean id even be bold enough to say that if this were 2012 and rookie Luck were starting i'm sure wed have the same results today if not worst because he would had never seen game action due to no preseason. What i'm trying to say is just take a chill pill y'all were gonna bounce back next week because there will actually be game film of the vikings so i'm already ready to put this game behind me and cant wait for home opener...Go Colts

it was the First game in a crazy year with limited prep...BUT...

this team was out Coached and Out Played !... same sad story... we either are not ready or were out coached... I like the FO and I like Reich ( he is who I wanted) but not impressed with Eberflus... We Should Not have shut down the running game after Mack went out!... we Have Hines, Taylor and Wilkins... that is 100% Coaching (Belichick looses Brady & Gronk and wins)... whether that is Frank or Siriana the buck stops there... Frank owned the 4&1 call at the goal line ( a dying trait), ...But that one also falls on the Oline... Q got manned on that one and the Oline yesterday was by no means one of the best in the NFL... Dline... same they had No push and little pressure... We looked like a team that was NOT ready to play the game... 46 times passing...that is Coaching with the people we have that is 100% Coach and scheme... 

I am not freaking out .... it is a crazy year ... no OTA's ... no real camp... no pre season games... does not change the fact this team again was Not prepared to play 60 minutes... this has to change or I for one will be pleading for a coaching change...the first would be a new DC...we now how the 3 tech we needed, but yet we looked the same

On 9/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, Shadow_Creek said:

Rivers looked real good behind the pocket and that first series drive we had was great coaching and just masterfully done well. yes we lost to the jags but look at situation we were in. No game planning film for either team, Mack goes down with an injury which really hurt us the rest of the game, and worst of all we were playing an away game with rookies who never have seen game action period. i mean id even be bold enough to say that if this were 2012 and rookie Luck were starting i'm sure wed have the same results today if not worst because he would had never seen game action due to no preseason. What i'm trying to say is just take a chill pill y'all were gonna bounce back next week because there will actually be game film of the vikings so i'm already ready to put this game behind me and cant wait for home opener...Go Colts

Your a pacers fan arn't you. 

On 9/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, richard pallo said:

Little Hines up the middle on 4th and one with Taylor on the bench?  Seriously.

I dont think it was a bad call. 4th and 1 and Hines in the game. It keeps the defence thinking is it run or pass? The elite, supposed O line, needs to get that push. Compare assets we have in our O line compared to the Jags D line. I have always thought our O line is over rated. Against good D lines last year, they never dominated any one of them. 

17 hours ago, indykmj said:

Yep, exactly. Rivers can't really get it over the top so teams will squeeze the WRs tight and  

contest every short to intermediate route.

Without a bunch of guys (WRs or TE who can threaten in the intermediate range) with a big catch

radius (what Rivers had in SD), Frank is gonna have to 'scheme separation' for guys underneath

(stacks, bunches, rubs,  dual-crossers, etc.).   

I don't think it's true that Rivers can't go over the top anymore.  Was disappointed in the lack of deep shots yesterday, but that had more to do with play design and what the Jags were trying/able to do.

Rivers had numerous such throws last season when he could actually step up and throw, so unless he physically declined in that department over the off-season, I think this is a bad read, respectfully.