Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The calls for Eason and/or Brissett will start by next week at the latest.

Imgrandojji

I'm not entirely sure it's even deserved, I just know it's going to happen.

Personally I suspect the fanbase will start demanding we turn to Eason, but I consider it more likely that if Rivers does lose his job it'll be Brissett who gets first crack (so bear that in mind before you run Rivers out of town)

That said, I think Rivers' performance in game 1 wasn't anywhere near as bad as it looked or as some fans are already saying.  I'm just calling the fickle fanbase what it is and saying what we all know is true.

Dear lord... give me a break! The way the line played today Eason would’ve been killed. Brissett would’ve just stood there and been sacked for a loss repeatedly. 

We were supposed to be run first, but we barely could gain a couple of yards. Throwing Eason in early will just wreck his development just like what happened to the Rosen. 

Rivers story has already been told. We should know what is coming from him.

He will have a few decent games this season, but for every really good decision he makes, he will always do something stupid in turn.

He throws picks like the 2 he tossed in coverage habitually, in the worst moments to do so as well.

Hes most likely going to lead the colts to an 8-9 win seasons, and have a game just like this one in the playoffs, as he's always has. Thank God it was a 1 year contract.

I’m still fine with Rivers over Brissett. I don’t think Brissett would have even put up 14 today. 

But I’ve never been jazzed about Rivers and today was just the cold reminder of why, and that I won’t be changing my tune on that. 

It was always going to be a transitional period, I guess. 

19 minutes ago, colts89 said:

Rivers story has already been told. We should know what is coming from him.

He will have a few decent games this season, but for every really good decision he makes, he will always do something stupid in turn.

He throws picks like the 2 he tossed in coverage habitually, in the worst moments to do so as well.

Hes most likely going to lead the colts to an 8-9 win seasons, and have a game just like this one in the playoffs, as he's always has. Thank God it was a 1 year contract.

Playoffs....? Don’t talk about playoffs.. You kidding me? I just hope we can win a game. 

We should be a run team first not a pass team first.  Asking Rivers to throw the ball that much is asking for trouble at this stage of his career.  He still thinks he can throw it into tight coverage and he can't.  I hope we learned our lesson.  It looks like our run game is going to be Taylor, Wilkens and Hines going forward.  That's still good enough to get the job done.  

3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'm not entirely sure it's even deserved, I just know it's going to happen.

Personally I suspect the fanbase will start demanding we turn to Eason, but I consider it more likely that if Rivers does lose his job it'll be Brissett who gets first crack (so bear that in mind before you run Rivers out of town)

That said, I think Rivers' performance in game 1 wasn't anywhere near as bad as it looked or as some fans are already saying.  I'm just calling the fickle fanbase what it is and saying what we all know is true.

Geez, Rivers was 36/46 for 363 yds today. (Rogers was 32/44 for 364).

If we had any kind of D at all, this was enough to win.

3 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

Year after year the Colts aren’t ready to play in week one. Sick and tired of this trend.

Yeah, it isn't even the losses, it's the complete lack of energy by anyone.  It looked sleepy all game.  Even the measly win over Oakland in 2013 was terrible. Something in the Gatorade? Too much time drilling on the the pregame and not enough on the gameplan? 

2 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

Yeah, it isn't even the losses, it's the complete lack of energy by anyone.  It looked sleepy all game.  Even the measly win over Oakland in 2013 was terrible. Something in the Gatorade? Too much time drilling on the the pregame and not enough on the gameplan? 

Reich said this roster is the best since he’s been here. Well if the roster has talent then it must fall on the coaching staff. This Jacksonville team may be the least talented roster in the league, so their coaches must have done a masterful job.

2 minutes ago, Riversrun said:

Eason Suuuuuuuuucks .Rivers is a HOFER and you want Eason ????? How about the WR on this team Mr TY Drops Hilton ????? That’s our #1 WR mr chokes the gimp .

Swing and Screen passes could be thrown by any of the 4 QBs. Hilton did drop for sure. He played injured last year as well. Rivers looked done and his team dumped him a year late. We slurped him up and he threw two of the most rookie looking INTs I have seen in a long time because in part he was getting crushed by a light pass rush much of the game.  Empty yards when you throw that many times and only score 20. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Dear lord... give me a break! The way the line played today Eason would’ve been killed. Brissett would’ve just stood there and been sacked for a loss repeatedly. 

We were supposed to be run first, but we barely could gain a couple of yards. Throwing Eason in early will just wreck his development just like what happened to the Rosen. 

Yeah...better we should bring Kelly up and throw him to the wolves...at least Chad has some escape-ability.

It's already started, and it's pretty ridiculous.

Rivers made two mistakes today, but also made a bunch of great plays/throws too...plays that Brissett and Eason wouldn't make.

With the defense playing so poorly, run-blocking being disappointing, missing an easy FG, and TY dropping passes with the game on the line, the Colts weren't winning with most QBs today.

Archived