Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for you guys to eat crow

danlhart87

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Rivers played OK.  Honestly I take a lot of the blame for what happened tonight and place it on the D.  The whole reason the Jags were supposed to be pushivers this year is because their offense isn't good.  And yet our D couldn't contain that offense.  Clearly we have some issues there to deal with

I also kind of expected this offense to have difficulties finishing drives because we've got so many young wideouts.  It's a fact that experience pays off in the red zone and lack of it can bite you just as hard.  Also losing Mack hurt us a LOT.

The killer is that late game interception by Rivers.  This is literally the worst thing Rivers can do to us and he's already done it once only game he's played for us.  That's worth keeping an eye on.  Other than that he played OK given the state of the team.  We ARE very young on offense.  We DID lose our star RB.  It is explainable what happened to Rivers in this game and it's reasonable to hope it won't repeat.

But bottom line for me, if we can't stop the Jags on defense, this could be a long year.

Just now, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Rivers looks like a rookie out there. Lots of yards, but critical mistakes in critical situations.... 

Is it Rivers that looks ike a rookie or is it the rookie-heavy WR group that looks like rookies?

This should have been expected.  We are very, very green in the receiver room, and that's going to put more pressure on Rivers than would otherwise be there.  Especially when the running game evaporates.

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I told the majority of people here not to overlook the Jaguars despite everyone saying they are going to tank.

The majority of yall expected a blowout today and I didn't. 

I am sad at this performance but I also know it is just Week 1 so keep your head up. 

I hope the Jags win 5 or more games. 

Just now, hambone35 said:

Honestly just terrible everything really I mean rivers did get throw for a good deal of yards but mr noodle threw 2 ints, Reich should have not left running the ball seems time and game management was not good since he left the run game, I could go on and on

Hard not to leave off running the ball when the guy who's best at running the ball is in the room with an undisclosed lower body injury.

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

Is it Rivers that looks ike a rookie or is it the rookie-heavy WR group that looks like rookies?

This should have been expected.  We are very, very green in the receiver room, and that's going to put more pressure on Rivers than would otherwise be there.  Especially when the running game evaporates.

I saw T.Y Hilton choke back to back possessions with the game on the line. It’s not just the rookies at receivers

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

The running game didn't evaporate, we just stopped running, the screens were eating them up, we stopped, we were running well, and we stopped. Why do we stop doing whats working? 

Defense was atrocious today and take primary responsibility for that loss. Rivers mistakes, discipline and kicker played their part but this one is mostly on the defense.

No turnovers, busted coverages and no tight coverage. What was Minshew 19/20 for a lot of that game. It's the same defense we saw in the second half of last season. 

Terrible loss.

Rivers is Rivers and I'd suggest that some of you take that reality check and realize he's been a choke artist for most of his career. He put up ok numbers besides the picks but he shouldn't be throwing the ball 40+ times if we want to win. That's probably changing next week.

The defense was uninspired today, which is a norm for the first week in Indy. Our uninspired defense early in the season usually gets beat by the <insert mediocre Jags QB> . They gotta fix that soon, but they usually do.

I'm glad that the Jags fans think Minshew will amount to a franchise QB. Good luck there.

This is a typical Colts week 1 and Rivers will lead us to an 9-7 record and a 1st week playoff out if we are lucky. Horray!!

19 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I told the majority of people here not to overlook the Jaguars despite everyone saying they are going to tank.

I am sad at this performance but I also know it is just Week 1 so keep your head up. 

Yep... I was worried about the Defense all week. Proved that was a valid concern

11 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'd say it was Rivers that looked like a rookie 17 of his passes were check downs to RBs, he seemed more worried about his completion % then throwing some balls downfield because there were receivers open

Just now, Zoltan said:

I'd say it was Rivers that looked like a rookie 17 of his passes were check downs to RBs, he seemed more worried about his completion % then throwing some balls downfield because there were receivers open

Rivers has always loved throwing to his RBs. He does check down, but he isnt afraid to toss the ball in there as we gloriously got reminded of twice today.

Welp. I was completely wrong. We looked god awful out there. Both lines were out of sync, and now Mack is done for the season. 

So much for hoping to finally break our streak of losing week 1. Suddenly we look more like a team in the Lawrence sweepstakes than a team in contention. 

Lots and lots of work to do. Just like the Reds, we were overhyped to start the season. 

26 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Rivers excuses coming in 5-4-3-2-1. But everyone knows where I stand with $25M to Rivers. But he fits a "system", but I guess every other team doesn't accommodate talented players and do what their best player does well. (i.e. Ravens, Pats, Chiefs). 

40 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

You were right.  I was on my way in here to tell you that.  In no way did I expect that but apparently you did.  Now, can you kindly give me the winning Powerball numbers for Wednesday?

BTW, kinda tough to NOT be pessimistic about the rest of the season right now.  

Just now, AZColt11 said:

You were right.  I was on my way in here to tell you that.  In no way did I expect that but apparently you did.  Now, can you kindly give me the winning Powerball numbers for Wednesday?

BTW, kinda tough to NOT be pessimistic about the rest of the season right now.  

I kindly remind people of this:

One of the years pats won sb they lost that year week 1 to bills 31 to 0

Week 1 with no preseason and we out gained opponent by 200 yards, typically teams with that much more yardage win most every time. This week already teams with many more yards have lost from Philly to Carolina to Detroit.   Rivers played smart most the game and showed zip, if the O line creating more push could have run more and easier.

44 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

They look better than the Jets at least lol.  I don't think the Jags will be in the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes. 

5 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Don't you know, this is the forum's normal reaction after a loss? 

19 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Always seems to be the low post count people that are the most vocal negatively.

But where were we last year when the Colts lost to the Chargers by 3 points? Fire JB! this year we lost to a talentless Jags as opposed to last year's team. Without Leonard Fornette, Calais Campbell, AJ Bouye, and Dede Westbrook? I guess the more post counts the more accurate? 

Archived