Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day, September 13, 2020

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colts.com provides legal ways to watch and listen to the game. See Watch/listen Colts   Good luck! 

Never take #17 off the field again please...

Minshew won't be able to see DeForest through the trees

Posted Images

Just now, Aces101 said:

Not taking points on that second drive is looking bad right now. Aggression is good but Reich sometimes tries too much.

I don't mind going for it but running up the gut with your 3rd down back is a head scratcher.

Instead of trying to surprise them, just do what we are good at.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Valpo2004 said:

I don't mind going for it but running up the gut with your 3rd down back is a head scratcher.

Instead of trying to surprise them, just do what we are good at.

It's the opposite of all those years of Chuck and his "we just need to execute better and keep chopping wood"

Just now, Happy2BeHere said:

Our defense has been pretty bad thus far. Disappointing to say the least. Hopefully they get it together soon.

Yeah the D has looked really bad.  Coaching decision to leave Hines in on a 4th and 1 at the goaline still boggles me.  

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I wasn’t bothered by the decision to go for it.  I was bothered by the play call on 4th down tho.

If Nelson beats his man, NH gets the first. He didn't.  it happens, even to your best guy. The opponent gets paid too.

• Like 1
  • NFLfan unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Also, just because I'm starting to feel some kind of way about this, Mac Jones is getting short changed these days. He's a really good prospect, and people are treating him like he's an unathletic bum with no arm.   Blake Bortles went #3 in 2014. Sam Darnold went #3, and Josh Rosen went #10 in 2018. None of them were unable to succeed due to athletic shortcomings. Mac Jones tested just as good, if not better, than all of them. (Bortles was actually pretty good as a scrambler, despite his mediocre testing.) I already used the Jared Goff comparison; he went #1 in 2016, and went to the SB in 2018. Mac Jones tested as good as Goff.   He doesn't have super speed or quickness, but he's not stuck in mud. He moves well enough to stay alive in the pocket, and he has enough movement ability to scramble when needed. He doesn't have a cannon of an arm, but his arm is not deficient. He's very good from the pocket, he processes well, not a one-read thrower, very accurate, and tough.    If Bortles, Darnold and Goff could go top five in the last 7 years, so can Mac Jones. Of course, he needs to be better than them to live up to that draft status, but again, their issues weren't about lacking athleticism.    Just saying, again, the anti-Mac stuff is getting a little overboard. I like Fields and Lance better, but Mac Jones being desirable isn't entirely outrageous.
    • I am a little confused?  So you are advocating a less talented edge at 21 than more talented OT?  Or am I just reading this incorrectly?  Because I believe the difference in OT quality and Edge quality at 21 clearly favors the OT.
    • I actually like the idea of trading back into the top of the 2nd and at least getting a 3rd rd pick that would not be a compensatory pick.  IF we wanted to move Q to LT Meinerz would be an ideal choice to pull it off.  That said picking at the top of the 2nd could still have Eichenberg and Little still available to mention a few LT’s.  I would rather go that route still taking a LT then take WR or CB with our 2nd and we have a nice 3rd rd pick to boot.  Then we could move up higher in the 2nd if we want as well.
    • I think Schefter does a reasonably good job of presenting his opinions as just opinion, and he presents rumors and uncertain information accordingly as well. Lots of 'I think,' 'I'm hearing,' 'I've been told,' 'the feeling is,' etc...    Here, he said: "It will be Mac Jones." Came across different to me. Then he kind of couched it a few days later, making me think maybe there was room for things to change, he didn't mean for it to sound as definitive as it did, whatever.   I think there was plenty of room for things to change. The Justin Fields epilepsy news is one thing; whether teams knew about that before the last few days is unknown, but they know now. If the Niners were on the fence prior to having that information, that could push their decision in one direction or the other.   Also, it's very possible that they moved up knowing they'd have their pick of whatever three QBs are still there at #2. Maybe they already knew the Jets were going with Wilson, but either way, going up to #3 gave them the peace of mind to know that they could get whichever guy they like out of the Fields, Lance and Jones. Maybe they had a favorite already, but I doubt they had their minds made up one way or the other. They just knew they wanted a QB, and #3 was as high as they could get.
    • I will be there Monday vs Phillies. Up in the Big Mac Land section  
  • Members

• PeterBowman

PeterBowman 1,479

• Mel Kiper's Hair

Mel Kiper's Hair 2,380

• Shepman

Shepman 156

• teganslaw

teganslaw 443

• Superman

Superman 9,409