Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day, September 13, 2020

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colts.com provides legal ways to watch and listen to the game. See Watch/listen Colts   Good luck! 

Never take #17 off the field again please...

Minshew won't be able to see DeForest through the trees

Posted Images

Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

Not sure I agree with Hines up the gut on 4th and 1, but I'm new here.

I'm not either. I'd much rather have Taylor or Wilkins there, but I'm assuming they were going with the hot hand with Hines.

• NFLfan unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No need to lock.  I didn't mean that. I didn't know that there were people that didn't know this story.   Baltimore fans were heart broken but, these days, everything has worked out for the best.   Thankfully   Although there is still disagreement on who has rights to the franchise history before the move.  But, even that is fading   Time heals
    • When Frank has had a good quarterback, he wins and makes the playoffs.   The two years he didn’t make the playoffs were the two Luck years where things went to heck at the last minute.   And one of those two years we looked like a playoff team until JB got hurt.  From there, things went downhill.   This year, we never lost two games in a row.  When we lost a game, we won the next week.  A very good sign of a well coached team.   We had one bad loss, week one in a season where Covid wiped out the entire off-season and all pre-season games.   Ballard speaks glowingly of Frank.   He knows how hard it is to find a good coach.   I’m not sure why you think we’re not a well coach team, but for some strange reason you do. 
    • So you don’t really agree with most?
    • Whether I've heard of them or not is irrelevant. What's relevant is that our coaches can lead our team to a SB win. You can bash me because of my lack of knowledge all you want. The real question is, do you trust Ballard to hire coaches over 31 other teams? Do you trust Frank Reich's word that these guys are good? You are being positive and trustworthy just for the sake of it too. I don't trust anyone for us until they prove they can do their job at the highest level, in the NFL and on the Indianapolis Colts.
    • Joe Tiller coached future HOFer Drew Brees at Purdue.  He's the father of "basketball on grass."  One of the most brilliant offensive coaches of his generation with an outstanding coaching tree.    I say this with no disrespect, but the fact that you haven't heard of someone is pretty meaningless.    Your responses regarding the listing of several coaching legends, together with your reactions toward the several up-and-coming NFL coaches that have been named in this thread, has established you're pretty much only familiar with a few household names that virtually every casual NFL fan is familiar with.   If that was the criterion by which all coaching decisions and hires were made, no coach would ever move up the ranks and have the chance to become successful.    Sirianni was pretty much a nobody before the Colts hired him.  He's still only 39 years old.  Now he's the HC of the Eagles.  Eberflus had never coordinated a defense before he got to Indy.  I'm guessing you had no idea who Gannon was until he was hired away.    In sum, there's no reason to be overly negative about things just for the sake of being overly negative.  It may be more rewarding to expand your horizons and learn more about the game and how many great coaches permeate every level of it.  Some coaches that you perceive as "bad" because of their tenure with a certain team go on to do great things in a different environment.  Same can be said for coaches that you've never heard of (which is seemingly a pretty big list).  That's the nature of the business. 
  • Members

• ScotColt

ScotColt 179

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 7,531

• Nadine

Nadine 6,262

Administrators
    • indykmj

indykmj 76

• bravo4460

bravo4460 502