Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day, September 13, 2020

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colts.com provides legal ways to watch and listen to the game. See Watch/listen Colts   Good luck! 

Never take #17 off the field again please...

Minshew won't be able to see DeForest through the trees

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Please fire Eberflus.  Today.

I wouldn't say fire him but this is pathetic to be allowing an undermanned Jags offense to be marching down the field on them. 

Were coaches not prepared enough? Indy has WAY too much talent on defense to be letting the Jags do this to them. 

Just now, coming on strong said:

defense got worse; paying 22 million a year to buckner to have him be a non factor is troubling .  i think the defense got worse ,a horrible QB and a no name running back cannot be stopped . If we were playing Kc it could be 64 - 20 right now.

We said that last year.....right before beating KC

• NFLfan unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• A few things: 1) Caldwell simply just inheriting Dungy's job - as a person I like Caldwell, but don't think he is a very good HC.  He inherited a very good team and I think with a better coach that team could have gone 16-0 and potentially 19-0 (so I guess add Hank Baskett and Freeney's injury in this category as it would still have been cool to go 17-2 and won the SB over NO that year).   2) Grigson becoming GM.  I like Ballard as a GM, and even though he was a first year GM coming here, he was more experienced and seems a lot more level-headed than Grigson.  Who knows what would have happened, but having Luck available at #1 after the Peyton era was almost a dream situation.  I think an experienced GM could have done a lot more with Luck (e.g., given him a solid OL, provided better weapons, kept him healthier, etc.) and he could still be playing today if not for Grigson who seemed to like to overspend in FA, did a poor job (he tried and failed) at building an OL, and according to McAfee and others made the Colts' facility a toxic environment to players and others below him.   3) As multiple others have said the 95 AFCCG (the almost catch from Bailey on the Hail Mary, Kordell's running out of bounds in the back of the endzone and catching a TD, etc.) -- Harbaugh is one of my all-time favorite Colts and I would have loved to have seen him and Ted Marchibroda win a SB together.
    • The thing about it is that Schefter doesn't just make stuff up. He might be wrong, he might have made a premature declaration, whatever, but it wasn't just his own speculation with no basis in reality. Especially not the way he said it.   If he said this about Justin Fields, we'd barely bat an eye. It's because we're convinced it's a mistake that there's so much trouble accepting it.
    • So many on here I agree with, but here's one:  Use the 2014 1st rounder on DeMarcus Lawrence or Davante Adams instead of trading for Trent Richardson. 
    • Yes it sounded very definitive. BUT... he's still not presenting it as sourced information. There is still a lot of "I believe" and none of "Sources are telling me" . This is the thing. I absolutely allow him to have his opinions and to make conjectures based on what he's hearing around the league. I still don't believe it until he says it's source with direct knowledge that's telling him this. Maybe I get proven wrong in 10 days... who knows...     This IMO is a problem with those huge insiders who I think have great sources and great success when actually reporting news - the problem of people parsing their opinions as news. I don't fault people because they are used to hearing news from those reporters, but when they are put in a position where they don't have direct info, I would be doubly careful to make sure people know they are presenting an opinion rather than inside information.    I don't think it serves Schefter or anyone well to present this strong of an opinion as certainty and news. What happens now if 49ers pick someone else? Does Schefter lose credibility? Or does he just weasel out of it by saying - well things changed in those 2 weeks? 
    • Listen to this clip, which starts a few seconds before the one you shared.     I don't remember him sounding as definitive about Herbert/Tua last season. He did say they'd both go high, and ultimately, they did. Tua to Miami was always the favorite pick, but there were some questions. His comment about Mac Jones sounds different to me.   He could be wrong, and again he kind of backed down a few days later. But "it will be Mac Jones" was a definitive sounding statement that he made, and then he went on to state some scenarios that could happen. It was still pretty strong sounding.
  • Members

• ColtsSouljah

ColtsSouljah 239

• dew5150

dew5150 112

• coltsfan1965

coltsfan1965 6

• stitches

stitches 8,424

• Superman

Superman 9,403

Moderators