Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day, September 13, 2020

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Colts.com provides legal ways to watch and listen to the game. See Watch/listen Colts   Good luck! 

Never take #17 off the field again please...

Minshew won't be able to see DeForest through the trees

Posted Images

• NFLfan changed the title to Colts @ Jaguars Game Day, September 13, 2020
21 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Should be in the mid eighties at kickoff. Chance of thunderstorms increases as the game goes on

A Vikings fan living in Jacksonville wrote that it is raining a lot there.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

A Vikings fan living in Jacksonville wrote that it is raining a lot there.

Hurricane approaching. Hoopefully get the game in and get out of there.

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hurricane approaching. Hoopefully get the game in and get out of there.

Luckily the hurricane is already SW of Jacksonville, so it's just some of the very far out bands that they'll be dealing with today. Should just be some intermittent rain throughout the day, but nothing too serious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully the Colts can establish the running game early and often with Mack and Taylor!! Let’s play some smash mouth football behind our great offensive line and make the weather conditions irrelevant.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the thread. Hard to believe we have not won on opening day since the 2013 season. Today that streak will end folks. Colts take down the Jags 27-17.

Rivers has had some good games against the Jaguars. I read that he holds a 7-2 record against the Jags, including a win last year. This should be a good game. 

• Like 1

A game day thread! Ugh. I wasn’t sure if this day was going to come in 2020. But I am so thankful :cheer2:

Now the only question... a Leonard jersey or Big Q jersey for today?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Aces101 said:

Hopefully the Colts can establish the running game early and often with Mack and Taylor!! Let’s play some smash mouth football behind our great offensive line and make the weather conditions irrelevant.

Yep.  Agree.  Just jam it down their throats early and often with the run game to get the early lead.

Then unleash the D-Line and send The Maniac a couple of times.

I'm thinking along the lines of of a 27-10 game today.

• NFLfan unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I'd actually like to see us sign Winston to back up Rivers next year.  He will be cheap, he's young, and he certainly has potential.  I am not in love with him, but the talent is there, and I would sign him for a couple, few years to back up PR and then possibly take over after next season.     Signing Winston should not interere with anything else you do.  You can still develop Eason.  You could draft another guy, but then I would assume you are not considering Eason if you do that.
    • Erm. maybe in so much that they are both immobile QB's who spread the ball around, but that Rivers throwing motion is reminiscent of no one but Rivers. He could be playing in a plain jersey among 31 other QBs on a field and i could tell you who Rivers was just by looking at his arm.
    • I wouldn't put Campbell anywhere near Hooker at this time.  He was drafted later.   He's been injured with legitimate injuries.  It's hard to blame the GM for that when he didn't have a history of injuries in his past.  Now if Ballard would have taken Metcalf (I wish he would have), who had a neck fracture that ended his college career, and Metcalf would have missed much of 2 seasons with neck issues, it could be placed on the GM for that choice. 
    • OK but there are quite a few convolutions there to get to what seems to be a pretty clear point.  And I guess yeah if this were a debate club, we would need to take each indidual possibility but that is a little tedious to do all at once.   Dan as do I think that we will be better off with Rivers next year than not having Rivers.  One of the pieces I would cite would be the fact that we are 7-3, have navigated the last 3 weeks well, and Rivers seems to be playing at a high level.   So for instance I will argue specifically against Prescott.  He is a guy that IMO would put us squarely on the road to medicrity similar to what has happened in Dallas.  I think it would be worse here because he would command more of the team's resources as far as salary goes compared to what he now does in Dallas, which would mean less money for talent elsewhere.  He has done nothing speical in Dallas and seems to pad a lot of the gaudy numbers in bad losses.   I would say about the same for Deshauwn Watson.  He is younger, but the eye test tells me that his teams have been pretty mediocre with quite a bit of talent.     I don't think either one of these guys would be an upgrade next year, necessarily over Rivers, and I think it would be a huge gamble with the the committment you would have to make with these guys.  You would hamstring your org for years with their salaries if they didn't work out.   What other possibilities do you see out there JP for us to compete NEXT YEAR?
    • People said the same thing when we drafted Leonard. You won't hear them bragging to their buddies about how right they got that evaluation any time soon! Echoing what a few above have already said... Malik who?
  • Members