Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Respect the specs / Blankenship (merged)

AKB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have been much better this year in winning games we are supposed to win (except the Jax game) by more than 1 score.  Still, those 1 score games are important... we lost 3-5 games last year by the amount or less than the amount missed kicks cost us.  

Though he did miss a FG (4/5) against GB, he still scored 14 points that day when we won by 3.  He scored 13 when we beat the Bears 19-11.  He scored  6 when we beat the Texans by 6.  He scored 7 when we beat the Bengals by 4.  More importantly, he hasn't caused us to lose any games (which was not the case last year between Vinny and at least one of Chase's games).  He is tied for 3rd in the NFL in points and he looks like he improves week to week.  Couldn't ask for a whole lot more out of the kid.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:36 AM, shakedownstreet said:

Specs shmecs. Just make kicks

Without those goggles I bet the uprights are looking pretty blurry 20, 30 + yards away......the scmecks help him schmake the scmicks.  Plus he looks like a likeable character when he takes the field.  It's a win win.

I'm so thankful Chris Ballard was able to land Blankenship. I was actually shocked no one took him in the later rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft. He's just so different from every other kicker and player in the league. Having him over AV is paying off big time. Thank god Chris Ballard went with Rodrigo over McLaughlin.

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

When you are short on a 50yd try there are going to be questions. This 54yd FG makes everyone feel better

Do you know how “short” he was from 50?   About a foot.   One more foot and it would’ve been good. 

Plus, if you saw his 53 yarder today, he made it with plenty of room to spare.  That would’ve been good from 55+ easily.   

Blank has plenty of leg.  

45 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

When you are short on a 50yd try there are going to be questions. This 54yd FG makes everyone feel better

He said he had been working on getting more height on his kicks and his foot scuffed the turf on that kick. 

• Shive changed the title to Blankenship
2 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

Lots of people seemed to want the other guy. I loved the idea of getting the top college kicker, and it sounded like he could be our guy for the next 10-15 years.

That's  because  they weren't  aware of how good Blankenship was at the start of camp. 

11 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said last week.  Replacing a legend is never easy but Hot Rod has made it look easy.  He’s a great kid and a really good kicker.  I am glad he’s a Colt and the Colts avoided kicker hell after Adam.  

I'm  still shocked other kicker needy teams passed on him

Archived