Cardinals at 49ers

Buccaneers at Saints

Sunday Night Football

Cowboys at Rams

Notes (Links): 

Deebo Samuel (Niners) out at least 3 weeks

Josh Norman out for Bills at least next 3 games

Miles Sanders, Eagles RB, out against Washington

Vikings DE Danielle Hunter is out against Packers (against the Colts too)

• NFLfan featured this topic

Are we using this as the Colts game day thread as well?

Here's my take on some of these games:

-I really want to see Packers at Vikings and Bucs at Saints. To me those are the top 2 games of the week and divisional games as well. Regarding the Colts, I still have us winning 27-17, we will cover the 7.5 point spread IMO

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Are we using this as the Colts game day thread as well?

Here's my take on some of these games:

-I really want to see Packers at Vikings and Bucs at Saints. To me those are the top 2 games of the week and divisional games as well. Regarding the Colts, I still have us winning 27-17, we will cover the 7.5 point spread IMO

No, you will have a separate game thread for the Colts and Jags game. 

I thought of having this thread so that members/fans can discuss other games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Which key players are you hearing will not play today (besides Danielle Hunter, Deebo Samuel, Josh Norman, and Miles Sanders)??

Not counting those that are questionable, because who knows on those?

Kenny Golladay is doubtful for the Lions.

Alshon Jeffery is out for the Eagles.

Rookie Denzel Mims out for the Jets.

Adoree' Jackson out for the Titans.

Kendall Fuller out for the Football Team.

Greedy Williams out for the Browns.

Derek Barnett out for the Eagles.

Vic Beasley out for the Titans.

Gino Atkins out for the Bengals.

Javon Hargrave out for the Eagles.

Von Miller out for the Broncos.

Robert Quinn doubtful for the Bears.

Mark Barron out for the Broncos.

Thomas Davis out for the Football Team.

Mike Pouncey out for the Chargers.

Marcus Davenport out for the Saints.

David DeCastro out for the Steelers.

Mike Evans listed as doubtful for the Bucs, but hearing he might give it a go anyway.

Know what I don't see?  Any Colts on the list.  OMG!  I need to take a picture!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Not counting those that are questionable, because who knows on those?

Kenny Golladay is doubtful for the Lions.

Alshon Jeffery is out for the Eagles.

Rookie Denzel Mims out for the Jets.

Adoree' Jackson out for the Titans.

Kendall Fuller out for the Football Team.

Greedy Williams out for the Browns.

Derek Barnett out for the Eagles.

Vic Beasley out for the Titans.

Gino Atkins out for the Bengals.

Javon Hargrave out for the Eagles.

Von Miller out for the Broncos.

Robert Quinn doubtful for the Bears.

Mark Barron out for the Broncos.

Thomas Davis out for the Football Team.

Know what I don't see?  Any Colts on the list.  OMG!  I need to take a picture!

Lots of good players there. Thanks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Colts are rusty, play calling suspect, and where is the 1-1 punch in the RB position.  Where's JT? Should be taking the bulk of the workload instead of Hines.  The Defense appears sluggish,

It can't be as bad as the Vikes D. 

Btw, did you check out the Colts at Jags Game Day thread?

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. The two games showing by me are blowouts. Bills winning over the Jets 21-0, and Eagles beating Washington 17-0.

Can't watch Vikes game. :(

Washington came all the way back and beat the Eagles 27-17. Washington's defense looked great in the second half. Ryan Kerrigan is an underrated player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Washington came all the way back and beat the Eagles 27-17. Washington's defense looked great in the second half. Ryan Kerrigan is an underrated player. 

What happened to your defense? Thought with Zimmer and Capers it still should be good. Green Bay was scoring at will. Thankfully you only face Rodgers once more.

Just now, dgambill said:

What happened to your defense? Thought with Zimmer and Capers it still should be good. Green Bay was scoring at will. Thankfully you only face Rodgers once more.

I did not see the game -- I am out of the area. As you know, football is a complementary game. All three facets of the game affects the other. From what I read from other fans watching the game, the defense was bad but the offense did not sustain drives to give the defense a break. The offense did almost nothing in the first half and the Vikings went down by 2 or 3 scores. That's a killer. 

The Vikings have a lot of new players on defense and offense. I think a lack of continuity is underrated when assessing how well a team will perform especially in a year like this when there was no OTAs and limited offseason practice. 

It is one game. They looked bad in the first game of last season too and were able to make the playoffs. 

Note: Under Mike Zimmer, the Vikes have made the playoffs in odd years and missed them in even years. I wonder if the trend continues.

TL;DR (sorry for long reply)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I did not see the game -- I am out of the area. As you know, football is a complementary game. All three facets of the game affects the other. From what I read from other fans watching the game, the defense was bad but the offense did not sustain drives to give the defense a break. The offense did almost nothing in the first half and the Vikings went down by 2 or 3 scores. That's a killer. 

The Vikings have a lot of new players on defense and offense. I think a lack of continuity is underrated when assessing how well a team will perform especially in a year like this when there was no OTAs and limited offseason practice. 

It is one game. They looked bad in the first game of last season too and were able to make the playoffs. 

Note: Under Mike Zimmer, the Vikes have made the playoffs in odd years and missed them in even years. I wonder if the trend continues.

TL;DR (sorry for long reply)

Chiefs had very little turnover and Ravens added vets to their D. That’s why they’re going to be a cut above the rest in the AFC.

NFC - I think it’s going to come to Seahawks, Saints and Packers again with QBs and teams who’ve been there before. 49ers, unless Jimmy G shows me something in critical moments, they’ll take a step back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs had very little turnover and Ravens added vets to their D. That’s why they’re going to be a cut above the rest in the AFC.

NFC - I think it’s going to come to Seahawks, Saints and Packers again with QBs and teams who’ve been there before. 49ers, unless Jimmy G shows me something in critical moments, they’ll take a step back.

RN I say Chiefs Cardinals SB

My biggest take away from Week 1 is that Drew Brees' arm looks completely shot. His throws has little velocity on them. The offense was much more explosive with Hill in there. They really should think of going to him this season. The Bucs were a bit of a train wreck which kind of covered up just how bad Brees' arm looked.