Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Worry No Longer

likm

Well i guess you have your opinion. I was super happy watching regular season games. The regular season wasn't something to be glazed over for me, I loved every game. Sunday was the best day of the week because I knew I would see amazing football. I'm sure we could have won more super bowls, but we did win one and it was pretty locked up. If not for an onside, maybe it would be two.. doesn't sound so bad to me. We were the luckiest fans in football aside from maybe the Pats I don't count the Steelers. Tied for the most consecutive playoff appearances ever. The more I think about the more I wonder how people just glaze over this as if it was nothing. Its not even like our defense didn't have some amazing times. Our super bowl was in large part due to excellent D. Say what you want about where the team is now but the team of the last decade was simply incredible.

I hear ya......... but to me it was boring.... I knew we would win most of the time until it counted and then we would lose and thats just the way it was. Ten years of domination for 1 SB.

Excellent post! I couldn't agree more .I am more than happy to have a balanced, more boring offense with a better defense if it means more playoff success. I like you loved the 12 wins. But the fact is, in the Manning era we won one Super Bowl when we probably had the talent to win three. And the loss of Manning showed how much her covered up last year. I got sick of no running attack and the inability to stop the run. Winning 12 game and losing in the first round of the playoffs feels no matter than going 5-11, in my book. Neither wins the Super Bowl, which is the goal.

Good times are coming. Go Colts.

I like what Grigson is doing a lot. He has huge shoes to feel, but he seems to want to get bigger up front at a low price. You can't beat that.

That's pretty much it, and if the defense doesn't get a good rush up middle, that's pretty easy to do. QB knows Freeney and Mathis are coming from the outside, and that's all he needs to worry about since he knows there won't be a blitzing LB.

I hear ya. Frustrating!!

I have the man crush going. He seriously looks like he could approach Peyton but with some wheels on him. I am say POTENTIALLY. I don't need the naysayers to cry about speculation.

There gonna cry regardless of your statement.

Well i guess you have your opinion. I was super happy watching regular season games. The regular season wasn't something to be glazed over for me, I loved every game. Sunday was the best day of the week because I knew I would see amazing football. I'm sure we could have won more super bowls, but we did win one and it was pretty locked up. If not for an onside, maybe it would be two.. doesn't sound so bad to me. We were the luckiest fans in football aside from maybe the Pats I don't count the Steelers. Tied for the most consecutive playoff appearances ever. The more I think about the more I wonder how people just glaze over this as if it was nothing. Its not even like our defense didn't have some amazing times. Our super bowl was in large part due to excellent D. Say what you want about where the team is now but the team of the last decade was simply incredible.

What people fail to see is the biggest problem with the cover 2 wasn't the scheme but the coaching and players even with dungy I always wanted him to fire Meeks and bring in a more aggressive coordinator, something we saw in 2009 when coyer arrived. However Dungy was always too loyal his personality was his greatest asset and weakness, he was a great motivator who inspired his players to excell but he failed to see the drop in skill level of the players on his defense (ie Tim Jennings) during the 06 run dungy said he didn't make any major changes he preached fundamentals and the defense finally came together and executed. When caldwell took over Polian slowly became too involved in the coaching and we went from going to the SB with a bad coach to 2-14 two years later