Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade For Drew Stanton

CashMoney

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if 1 takes all the practice snaps with the first team offense and he goes down ya get what we got last year a guy that couldnt run the offense regardless of what offense it was and why is that? cause he had no chemistry with the first team ,

... Remember last year when late in the season the Jets gave Mark Brunell a few series with the #1s for one practice in the middle of the week the media storm it caused?...

just off in left field here, but I would have given Brunell all the reps. :Dhaha

But I am an official Brunell fan girl and will readily admit that. His is the only authentic game worn jersey I own. :faint:

just off in left field here, but I would have given Brunell all the reps. :Dhaha

But I am an official Brunell fan girl and will readily admit that. His is the only authentic game worn jersey I own. :faint:

You aren't the only one. (That says far more about my opinion of Mark Sanchez than it does Brunell though.)

Okay, we gave them our 6th round pick for their 7th round pick, so we now have no picks in 6th and two in the 7th not counting any compensatory pics. Great deal for Stanton, he got a 500,000 dollar signing bonus for being a Jet for one week, getting $635,000 from us for the whole year as backup

Hughes made sense in that Mathis was going going to be a free agent soon, & they had 2 years to get him ready. The problem has been with his production or lack there of. I understood the pick when made. Hughes is suppose to be a good pass rusher we will find out with this new attaching style defense, if he is wroth anything or not. The draft I hated was when we drafted 3 centers in one draft. & 2 are gone 1 left & he sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not understand the pick at all when it was made. You had the stars line up perfectly at that point to take Saffold where he could have easily filled a need and been darn near the best player available at that spot. The O-line was a disaster and they skipped over a very good prospect at the time. If they would have taken Saffold and then Castonzo the next year they wouldn't have had to trade up to get Ben Ijalana in the second round. They could have used that pick to address another need. Instead they took a gamble on Hughes ignoring the pressing need of fixing the O-line. Pretty sure even Polian himself came out and admitted that he had >>>ed that one up.

I think Grigson has done alright with what situation he was dealt, we just had so many overpaid guys in the late stages of their careers or guys that were underacheivers, it will take time to fix this to exactly what Pagano can work with and

I did not understand the pick at all when it was made. You had the stars line up perfectly at that point to take Saffold where he could have easily filled a need and been darn near the best player available at that spot. The O-line was a disaster and they skipped over a very good prospect at the time. If they would have taken Saffold and then Castonzo the next year they wouldn't have had to trade up to get Ben Ijalana in the second round. They could have used that pick to address another need. Instead they took a gamble on Hughes ignoring the pressing need of fixing the O-line. Pretty sure even Polian himself came out and admitted that he had >>>ed that one up.

Ya he said that he or the scouting staff thought Saffold was a RT not a LT & that a #1 on a RT was not a value. Lots of people were surprised as to how well he played in his first year. I hear he did regress some last year. Maybe they know the following year was a deep Tackle class. Still I understand the pick. I think Pollain thought he was getting a bigger version of Mathis

In light of the fact that we have now signed our QB2, we really have Peyton Manning to thank for this.

PM going to the Broncos ousted Tebow who went to the Jets, who, in turn ousted Stanton, who then became available to the Colts.

Thank you Peyton.

Well, by golly I'm convinced. Stanton for Manning, things just can't get much better than that!!!!!

Yes, I am glad you agree, that in the context of a rebuilding situation, getting a QB2 in return for a released player is indeed fortuitous.

I thought that's what I said, but even better, the QB2 has even got Lions experience. Wonder which direction he's most comfortable wearing his ball cap?