Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade For Drew Stanton

CashMoney

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or we may have swapped Vittatoe for him.

Why would the Jets trade for a 4th quarterback? All indications suggest this deal was for an undisclosed draft pick. I hope it's either conditional, or a pick swap.

Plus, Stanton's contract is one year, $1.25 million for 2012. So it's gonna cost us some cap space as well.

Why would the Jets trade for a 4th quarterback? All indications suggest this deal was for an undisclosed draft pick. I hope it's either conditional, or a pick swap.

Plus, Stanton's contract is one year, $1.25 million for 2012. So it's gonna cost us some cap space as well.

Swapping QB's makes zero sense.. Stanton received a 500k signing bonus from the Jets so it's only 750k of cap room, unless they made that a part of the trade as well.

Even then it's not an insane amount for a backup.

The Jets may need another arm for practice. They have Tebow, who can't throw and I don't know if McElroy is healthy yet. But you're right, guys like Vittatoe are a dime a dozen.

YES!!!! WHAT A GREAT TRADE! Stanton is a very good backup, and we probably got him for cheap since they wanted to dump him. Wouldn't want many other people backing up Luck. Great great trade! He has a good arm, good accuracy and good mobility. He should do well in this system.

Hmm, I thought you were a Batch guy.

Also, how do you know it's a great trade when we don't know what we traded yet?

Well, anyway, always good to pick up another ex-Lion QB.

Our QB situation is already heads above last years situation, and we don't even have our starter yet.

yeah like I said he would eventually been released by the Jets anyway , and we could have picked him up for cheap I swear if we gave up a draft pick for a backup Ill be ticked

Get ready to be ticked, unnecessarily I might add.

The Colts needed a back up QB and certainly paid very little to get him. Why would they risk him going to another team if he were released?

It's a waste giving up a draft pick for a back up qb that the jets would have released anyway. and by the way Antoine Bethea for example was drafted in the 6th round so you never know what you could get. but thats just my two cents. and no i don't expect a pro bowler with that pick.

Not a waste if you want him. Once he was released anyone could of picked him up. The Colts obviously want/need him.

Manish Mehta @TheJetsStream

Jets traded Stanton and Jax's 7th rd pick for 6th rd pick (originaly from Eagles), per source.

In effect we gave up about 24 spots in the 6th round for Stanton. Stanton's contract was $1.25MM for one year, which included a $500K bonus (paid for by the Jets).

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/03/jets_trade_qb_drew_stanton_to.html

Is this a joke???? :omg:

Hmm, I thought you were a Batch guy.

Also, how do you know it's a great trade when we don't know what we traded yet?

Well, anyway, always good to pick up another ex-Lion QB.

Our QB situation is already heads above last years situation, and we don't even have our starter yet.

Hey Batch was my number 1 option, but Stanton was definitely up there! I really like Stanton, and I met the guy a couple of years ago, and he seemed very nice and personable. Should fit in nicely. He's a better QB than Batch, but Batch knows the system and has a veteran presence.

The asking price for the Jets were low (according to ESPN), so you would think it would be a late round pick and with the Colts having tons of picks this year, it's not that big of a deal.

Oh, and I said wouldn't want many other people backing him up, not "nobody else" backing him up. I would have really liked Batch as a backup, as much or more than Stanton.

yeah like I said he would eventually been released by the Jets anyway , and we could have picked him up for cheap I swear if we gave up a draft pick for a backup Ill be ticked

What would stop 30 other teams from picking him up if released. Just because he was released does not mean the Colts could get him.

Swapping QB's makes zero sense.. Stanton received a 500k signing bonus from the Jets so it's only 750k of cap room, unless they made that a part of the trade as well.

Even then it's not an insane amount for a backup.

That makes a difference. So our cap hit for him is only $750k, which is perfect for a backup quarterback. And it sounds like we gave up our late 6th from the Eagles, in exchange for Stanton and the Jets 7th. It's probably a matter of about 20 spots. I can live with that.

Decent deal.