Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philip Rivers Season Stats

danlhart87

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My final prediction is 3,901 yards, 30 TD's, 13 INT's, 65% completions. To add to that I say Mack goes for 1108 Yards rushing, 8 TD's and Taylor goes for 803 yards rushing, 6 TD's. We should have around 6000 yards of offense when said and done. Last year 6000 total yards would've had us in the top 8 yards wise. 

Mines similar, 3900 - 28-30 TDs, 12-15 (max) INTs, 65% comp.  Really am digging your Mack and Taylor stats, that would be amazing.  

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Mines similar, 3900 - 28-30 TDs, 12-15 (max) INTs, 65% comp.  Really am digging your Mack and Taylor stats, that would be amazing.  

Yeah I think Taylor will get quite of bit of carries and Mack may not play all 16 games due to being dinged up at times. So I think both will get most the carries. Mack will still lead the team in rushing though IMO.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My final prediction is 3,901 yards, 30 TD's, 13 INT's, 65% completions. To add to that I say Mack goes for 1108 Yards rushing, 8 TD's and Taylor goes for 803 yards rushing, 6 TD's. We should have around 6000 yards of offense when said and done. Last year 6000 total yards would've had us in the top 8 yards wise. 

we could control a lot of time of possession which would be fantastic with those stats 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I’d say that’s pretty realistic. I might bump up JT’s production just a tad to 950 yards and 8 TDs. 

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I’m not concerned with his yardage and TD stats.  My biggest focus will by completion % and INT.  

Colts didn’t bring him on to throw 40 times for 400 yds a game.  They brought him to make the plays Jacoby couldn’t.  

If he finishes the year with a high completion %, low INT, and winning record, that is successful to me.  

2 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

To be honest, I’m not concerned with his yardage and TD stats.  My biggest focus will by completion % and INT.  

Colts didn’t bring him on to throw 40 times for 400 yds a game.  They brought him to make the plays Jacoby couldn’t.  

If he finishes the year with a high completion %, low INT, and winning record, that is successful to me.  

:agree:

Ballard has acquired the talent on this team it is not necessary for the QB to carry the team.

I think Rivers leadership will pay off. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

He's on pace for 4200 yards 19 td 12 int

My predictions are very close 

He's throwing a lot more than I expected but his completion percentage is much better than I thought 

The inability to get a ground game they desired hasn’t helped Rivers out at all. Why the rushing offensive from this oline has been so abysmal is baffling to me from everything I’ve read here. I expected To see game stat lines with Rivers throwing for 180-250/game and the rushing to have 40/200 game type stats. Right now, it appears the team leans heavily on Rivers ability and way less on the run game because the oline can’t create holes for any of the RB’s. Having Q and Castonzo and Kelly to the left side, you would think they would have success there, that’s a ton of draft capital and cash over there. If that run game were able to open up a bit better, Rivers wouldn’t need to throw for 400/game. Currently, it sounds like he has to in order for the Colts to win. Would Mack have made that rushing difference this year? Idk. The run game hasn’t seemed as nasty and as effective as when we had the last oline coach, who they oddly parted way with. That’s still an odd mystery of why that happened. 

Archived