Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie More Likely Poll

BleedBlue4Shoe86

More than Likely (Rookie Edition)   

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is more than likely to happen this season?

• Pittman has 10 receiving touchdowns
    • Jonathan Taylor rushes for 1,000 yards
    • Julian Blackmon takes Malik Hooker's starting spot and proceeds to have 5+ interceptions
    • Jacob Eason shows he is the future Franchise QB (in practice, injury relief, COVID relief, practice or etc...)

I don't think any of those are "more than likely to happen".   That's saying that it is almost a sure thing.  If it was just which is more likely to happen it would be different, but the word"than" being in there changes the meaning quite a bit.   

I think Taylor getting 1,000 rushing yards is the only likely of those to happen.

The Colts haven't had a WR get 10+ TDs since Manning was here...let alone a rookie WR. Pittman would have to get a lot of RZ and EZ targets for that to happen.

For Blackmon to take Hooker's spot....Blackmon would have to get healthy and immediately play well while Hooker would have to stumble. And this would have to happen in such a short period of time...if Blackmon is to then get 5 INTs.

Eason likely won't see the field this year...and if he does...it won't be in a situation where he can really prove anything.

Easily Taylor here. I think there's a pretty decent chance Taylor gets 1,000 yards. I don't see Pittman getting close to 10 tds. Blackmon may get the starting job, but he won't get 5+ INTs in his rookie season after recovering from a torn acl. I don't see Eason hitting the field at all this year. If he does, he might actually do something, but he's not going to show he's "the guy". Ballard will still probably sign someone or draft someone to compete with him next year.

So Johnathan Taylor probably has a 50/50 shot of happening if he plays all 16 games. The rest are slim to none.

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I think Taylor getting 1,000 rushing yards is the only likely of those to happen.

The Colts haven't had a WR get 10+ TDs since Manning was here...let alone a rookie WR. Pittman would have to get a lot of RZ and EZ targets for that to happen.

For Blackmon to take Hooker's spot....Blackmon would have to get healthy and immediately play well while Hooker would have to stumble. And this would have to happen in such a short period of time...if Blackmon is to then get 5 INTs.

Eason likely won't see the field this year...and if he does...it won't be in a situation where he can really prove anything.

I look at this is more than just Hooker's play falling off.   He has a history now of missing chunks of time due to injury.  I look at it more like he cracks the door by missing time and Blackmon just completely takes over.  

7 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I look at this is more than just Hooker's play falling off.   He has a history now of missing chunks of time due to injury.  I look at it more like he cracks the door by missing time and Blackmon just completely takes over.  

Yeah...if Hooker gets hurt...that would change things. Blackmon would be getting a big snap share right away then.

Jonathan Taylor by a huge margin IMO.

Rookie RBs with 1000 yards happen relatively frequently(31 in the past 20 years... So like one or two every seasonl. 10TDs receiving almost never happen for rookie WR. There are like ... Less than 10 of those in the history of the league. I don't think Blackmon will oust Hooker this year, unless Hooker gets injured again. Eason IMO won't see action in the league this season so I doubt he convinces Reich and Ballard he's the guy going forward on the strength of his practices... Not impossible, but definitely not likely IMO.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Easily Taylor here. I think there's a pretty decent chance Taylor gets 1,000 yards. I don't see Pittman getting close to 10 tds. Blackmon may get the starting job, but he won't get 5+ INTs in his rookie season after recovering from a torn acl. I don't see Eason hitting the field at all this year. If he does, he might actually do something, but he's not going to show he's "the guy". Ballard will still probably sign someone or draft someone to compete with him next year.

So Johnathan Taylor probably has a 50/50 shot of happening if he plays all 16 games. The rest are slim to none.

I think Eason is the most likely to happen, but I really don't see any of these choices happening.  Having the coaches see Eason all season long at practices could give them the idea of not drafting another QB if Rivers stays another year.  That would move Eason up to the back up role.  

With Mack, I just don't see Taylor getting over 800 yards.    Maybe combined rushing and receiving yards will get him over 1000 yards. 

Should be fun to watch this season.  

On 9/10/2020 at 2:51 PM, Myles said:

I think Eason is the most likely to happen, but I really don't see any of these choices happening.  Having the coaches see Eason all season long at practices could give them the idea of not drafting another QB if Rivers stays another year.  That would move Eason up to the back up role.  

With Mack, I just don't see Taylor getting over 800 yards.    Maybe combined rushing and receiving yards will get him over 1000 yards. 

Should be fun to watch this season.  

Question is which of the 4 is most likely to happen.  I don't think I would classify as any of those 4 as likely but, of them the most likely one to happen is Taylor and 1,000 yards.

Easton would probably have to see both Rivers and Brissett injured to see significant playing time.  Then he would have to actually look pretty good.  Both seem unlikely, 2 QB's getting injured is unlikely, but also a QB that was universally understood to be a project player showing out his rookie year also seems unlikely.  

Blackman could take Hooker's spot, but getting 5 picks is going to be tough.  Last year for the regular season 3 players tied for first in total picks at 6 interceptions each.  So you are talking about someone not only taking over for the starter (which could happen) but also being both good enough and on the field long enough to essentially be a league leader in interceptions.  That is exceedingly unlikely.  

Receivers often take time to be really good.  It's hard to see Pittman logging 10 TD's this year.  Especially with all of the other talent at receiver.  That said I would say this is the 2nd most likely to happen.  It could happen if Pittman sort of starts to play a role similar to Ebron played 2 years ago where he is mainly used as a red zone weapon due to his size.  Unlikely to happen for a rookie but much more likley than Easton proving himself his rookie year or Blackman hauling in 5 picks his rookie year. 

Taylor is most likely because with our OL all that is required for Taylor to get 1,000 yards is Mack getting hurt and Taylor to not suck.  There is a small chance (maybe 5%) that both Taylor and Mack have 1,000 yard seasons.   

Archived