Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tamme Officially To Broncos [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

Maybe, but I would prefer a TE that can: pass protect, run block, and run routes to catch passes.

Maybe I am asking for too much?

Totally agree...and no you aren't. There are plenty of those currently playing in the NFL right now. As far as current FA, how about Shiancoe, Shockey, Scaife, and Pope.

I haven't been able to understand the Tamme love on this board. He is ok at best, and I don't see this as much of a loss.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he looked rattled and many have pondered how those vicious hits may have affected him mentally. He seemed skittish and afraid to make any commitment across the middle last year. He was a beast for our offense for many years, often regarded as more of a threat than Wayne or Harrison.

You also have to consider the ball coming at him was far less predictable too.

He might be done though.... He had a good run.

You also have to consider the ball coming at him was far less predictable too.

He might be done though.... He had a good run.

I saw a lack of desire in in him last year, and this revelation confirms it. Not that he's a bad guy. I'd get tired of playing too. Those guys are big and I'm sure they hurt.

I saw a lack of desire in in him last year, and this revelation confirms it. Not that he's a bad guy. I'd get tired of playing too. Those guys are big and I'm sure they hurt.

One has to wonder how much the wrist was bothering him. He's taken a beating. Isn't quick as he once was.

Going 2-14 can beat a man down. He very well might retire.. He might sign on somewhere and give it one more shot... Who knows.

Lack of desire if their even was on which I disagree with,may have came from Painter not being able to throw it in the same area code he was in half the time not to mention the offensive Line was a mess, more often then not we just had guys running routes for pure exercise

I agree --- he should have been kept. It made little sense (to me) to drop BOTH him and Clark.

I think we could have easily kept Tamme on a very cheap contract if we wanted him, but we did not seem too concerned with even trying to retain the services of Clark or Tamme for even a minimal contract ... I think Grigson and Pagano have had something else specific in mind that they want for the TE position from the start.

he may not have wanted to stay with the changes? I would look at moving ahead of the 49er's Depending on the cost I too agree that Luck and Fleener have the chemistry, BUT if we don't I say no on charles in the 2nd.. if we don;t get fleener.. look at later rounds my two would be Egnew and Hanna.. drafttek has Hanna mi rnd 7 and Egnew bottom of 4th Ladaruius Green 6th...

This also suggests that Dallas Clark, like Gary Brackett is not healthy and maybe those two cuts were pretty valid

or teams consider clark injury prone, undersized and a poor blocker...and brackett just isn't very good

Dwayne Allen is actually the TE i want

Fleener is just as good stat wise and athletically wise he's much better. He runs about .3 seconds after and is a couple of inches taller. Oh, and Fleener is a better blocker. Allen would be a good 2nd option, but if Fleener is there, they better take him.

Fleener is just as good stat wise and athletically wise he's much better. He runs about .3 seconds after and is a couple of inches taller. Oh, and Fleener is a better blocker. Allen would be a good 2nd option, but if Fleener is there, they better take him.

I'm not going off of stats, I'm going off what I see in him but really wouldn't bother me if we took Fleener.

I was hoping we would keep Tamme, but I guess it didn't work out. It's interesting to see the Broncos go after Tamme and not make a big effort to sign Clark (they might have made a big effort, I just haven't heard anything) even though Clark and Peyton have played together longer and have better chemistry

I was hoping we would keep Tamme, but I guess it didn't work out. It's interesting to see the Broncos go after Tamme and not make a big effort to sign Clark (they might have made a big effort, I just haven't heard anything) even though Clark and Peyton have played together longer and have better chemistry

Rumors are that Clark might be retiring.

An article I just wrote on Jeff + Tamme:

On Friday, Jeff Saturday and Jacob Tamme were both signed to two different teams. Saturday went to the Packers and Tamme went to the Broncos to play with Manning.

Jeff Saturday spent 13 years with the Colts as their starting center and went to 5 Pro Bowls. During his tenure in Indianapolis, he built a great bond with Peyton Manning, a bond that makes them almost inseperable. Now that Peyton is in Denver and Jeff is in Green Bay, it will be weird to see how both adapt to not having their QB or their center. Saturday was a key part of the O-line for the Colts for many years here and helped train and develop a lot of young lineman who ended up being very good. He is the leader of the O-line and there isn't anyone out there that could have done a better job than Jeff did for 13 years. Good luck!

Jacob Tamme spent 4 years with the Colts as their backup tight end for most of them. He finally got his chance to play in 2010 when Dallas Clark injured his wrist and was forced to miss the majority of the season. Tamme came in in Week 8 and was arguably the most productive TE in the 2nd half of that season catching 67 passes for 637 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Colts front office knew they had something good in Jacob Tamme. Tamme posses good speed, good hands and good route running ability when on the field, and when on special teams, he's the Colts best player. Now he's reuniting with Peyton Manning in Denver, and he and Manning should make a good combination going forward.

Both players had big impacts at one time or another with the Colts and it's sad to see them go. Both will be missed by Colts fans.

INFO:

Jeff Saturday to Green Bay Packers; Deal is 2 years long worth an undisclosed amount

Jacob Tamme to Denver Broncos; Deal is 3 years long worth 9M.

I don't think so, Horse Shoe.

Brackett has below average size and athletic ability to play 3-4 ILB in the NFL. At best, he is a mediocre player overall.

Brackett is to small for the 3/4, but was the hart & soul of our 4/3. A warrior & the classic over achiever! He played hard & had a knack for the big hit or play. his leadership will be missed. Respected by his teammates. The team not the coach's pick the captions. he wore the C well.

An article I just wrote on Jeff + Tamme:

On Friday, Jeff Saturday and Jacob Tamme were both signed to two different teams. Saturday went to the Packers and Tamme went to the Broncos to play with Manning.

Jeff Saturday spent 13 years with the Colts as their starting center and went to 5 Pro Bowls. During his tenure in Indianapolis, he built a great bond with Peyton Manning, a bond that makes them almost inseperable. Now that Peyton is in Denver and Jeff is in Green Bay, it will be weird to see how both adapt to not having their QB or their center. Saturday was a key part of the O-line for the Colts for many years here and helped train and develop a lot of young lineman who ended up being very good. He is the leader of the O-line and there isn't anyone out there that could have done a better job than Jeff did for 13 years. Good luck!

Jacob Tamme spent 4 years with the Colts as their backup tight end for most of them. He finally got his chance to play in 2010 when Dallas Clark injured his wrist and was forced to miss the majority of the season. Tamme came in in Week 8 and was arguably the most productive TE in the 2nd half of that season catching 67 passes for 637 yards and 4 touchdowns. The Colts front office knew they had something good in Jacob Tamme. Tamme posses good speed, good hands and good route running ability when on the field, and when on special teams, he's the Colts best player. Now he's reuniting with Peyton Manning in Denver, and he and Manning should make a good combination going forward.

Both players had big impacts at one time or another with the Colts and it's sad to see them go. Both will be missed by Colts fans.

INFO:

Jeff Saturday to Green Bay Packers; Deal is 2 years long worth an undisclosed amount

Jacob Tamme to Denver Broncos; Deal is 3 years long worth 9M.

Good Article Andy. :thmsup:

I honestly have never been much of a fan of Tamme. He's mediocre at best, with inflated yet still unspectacular numbers from playing with P. The signing of Joel Dreessen means more to Denver than Jacob Tamme if you ask me.

I wish we would have went after Dreessen. :(

2 tight end set baby & Tamme better than you think. 3millon a year better in Denver's estimation. Not an all pro but a solid player.