Tamme Officially To Broncos [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark may be done?

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

... If I had to guess, even w/Saturday, I think the Packers still draft a C high. And a scout told me earlier today Clark may be finished.

I thought he looked rattled and many have pondered how those vicious hits may have affected him mentally. He seemed skittish and afraid to make any commitment across the middle last year. He was a beast for our offense for many years, often regarded as more of a threat than Wayne or Harrison.

at his age..........I would have paid him what he got...

but he's worth more to them than he is to us because of his connection wirth Manning

Yeah, I just think it makes sense cutting Clark because of cap space, but it sure would be nice not to have to have a rookie TE too. I heard awhile back that the Colts were interested in Seattle's Carlson, but I have not heard a peep since then - so at this point we do not really have much to work with at the TE position, and Tamme would not have cost that much to keep.

Huge loss for Colts. Tamme hands are as good as Clark's in his heyday. He would've fit in nicely as a starting TE for Luck. Feel like we should have signed him at his asking price. Now, i truly believe we need to find a way to get Fleener in here at the 34th pick. Not sure how much it would cost us to move from #34 to #29 (or one ahead of 49ers) but if its our 2nd round pick and a later pick, say past 4th round, I'd be up for it. Instant chemistry with Luck.

we can get better in the Draft... Fleener if he is available.. don;t think he gets past Habough ( 49'ers) .. but there is Egnew, Green and Hanna all are better IMO

Even if we can get a better TE in the draft, which will take a #2 at the lowest ( as far as being better this year anyway ) we'll still be very thin at the position, especially considering Eldridges injury history.

To me, a good receiving veteran TE is invaluable when breaking in a rookie QB. Tamme could have filled that role. The other thing that people are forgetting is he was, arguably, our best special teams player.

With our Wide Receiver position being as thin as it is, I don't like the idea of making the Tight End position even thinner.

Now, before I give the front office a bad grade on this one ( which I do ) I have to admit that we don't know the whole story here. He could have planned on following Peyton all along. Maybe we tried to sign him and he just didn't want to sign here.

Oh well, I hope we don't regret this one.

Tamme was nice to have around in a pinch...i.e. whenever Dallas got hurt but he was a one-trick back up who's main value was that he could catch passes. A hybrid WR/TE guy who didn't bring much to the blocking game. Not that big of a loss in my opinion. He can certainly be replaced.

Wish him well in Denver with Peyton.

.... it's odd that his name has not been brought up for any team visits yet.

I guess that would explain it as I thought he was without a doubt still a top quality TE. I reckon his injuries last season must have been more serious and/or he is put off by the entire rebuilding process.

This is a bit surprising, but I can't blame him. I'm just disappointed and thought he would stay. All the signs were looking good for him staying. Now the Colts must get Fleener or Allen in the 2nd or 3rd. Hope he does well with Peyton. Im sad to see him go.