Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 1 Coverage Map Released


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Where at in Southern Kentucky?

Franklin area. My brother lives there and we fish the local ponds or small lakes.

We might also venture into Tennessee as well. 

These ponds are not fished by the public so the fishing is fantastic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Franklin area. My brother lives there and we fish the local ponds or small lakes.

We might also venture into Tennessee as well. 

These ponds are not fished by the public so the fishing is fantastic. 

Ah, gotcha. I'm in Barren Co. Live about 2 miles from the lake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Ah, gotcha. I'm in Barren Co. Live about 2 miles from the lake.

Yeah I been there a few times when I was a teenager.  

I lived in Oak Grove Tn and was all over the area both sides of the KY-TN line. 

We spent most of our weekends at Beach Bend drag strip in Bowling Green. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Because they're playing Lamar Jackson and Baltimore, no doubt...UGH!!!

 

True...once Lamar arrived...we have been getting a lot of BAL games...which actually makes sense...he has a cult following here. 

 

But it seems like we always get the Browns games. I guess it's because of the contingent of AFC North fans in Louisville (CLE, PIT and CIN). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

 

True...once Lamar arrived...we have been getting a lot of BAL games...which actually makes sense...he has a cult following here. 

 

But it seems like we always get the Browns games. I guess it's because of the contingent of AFC North fans in Louisville (CLE, PIT and CIN). 

 

Louisville was a Browns town for many years when televised games became more popular.  Of course, there were no teams at that time in Cincy or Indy or Nashville.  Closest team was Chicago, but they were on another network, I believe.

 

I'm reluctant to go to a bar to watch the Colts game due to the pandemic.  I wish the league would make exceptions on regional coverages and make the Sunday Ticket free this season.  Wishful thinking, I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Louisville was a Browns town for many years when televised games became more popular.  Of course, there were no teams at that time in Cincy or Indy or Nashville.  Closest team was Chicago, but they were on another network, I believe.

 

I'm reluctant to go to a bar to watch the Colts game due to the pandemic.  I wish the league would make exceptions on regional coverages and make the Sunday Ticket free this season.  Wishful thinking, I know.

 

It would have been a great PR move if they had. Not to mention...it would have boosted ratings...heading into their re-up negotiations. But I am guessing it was logistically possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

 

It would have been a great PR move if they had. Not to mention...it would have boosted ratings...heading into their re-up negotiations. But I am guessing it was logistically possible.

 

Probably so.  I use Roku and checked to see if Sunday Ticket was available where I am, and it's not.  Only through Direct TV or some other service, which I'm not switching to.  Guess I'll have to hope for a few games this season and watch highlights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

 

Probably so.  I use Roku and checked to see if Sunday Ticket was available where I am, and it's not.  Only through Direct TV or some other service, which I'm not switching to.  Guess I'll have to hope for a few games this season and watch highlights.

Do you have a Student in college you know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you with DirecTV, Sunday Ticket is having  a free preview weekend this week. I dropped ST when Luck bailed out, and won't subscribe again, but I'll probably tune in for a quarter or so of the Colts' game. Weather is still too nice to be stuck inside on a Sunday afternoon. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, new member here, old time charger fan...now, a rivers fan!!!

Got my Colts hat ready!!!

Is there any link to the games via the Radio?

Not sure I will get the Sunday Ticket again and would love to be able to just kick back, have a beer or shot of tequila or two and enjoy listening to Rivers chew up the Defenses each week.

 

Thanks in advance and GO COLTS!!!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cjrichard said:

With CBS all access can you pick which area of coverage you want or are you restricted to your areas coverage?

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Joseph

I'd assume that you'd only get whatever is showing in your area. I don't think they'd give access to half the Sunday games for 5.99/mo.

 

When you sign up, it probably uses your IP address to locate where you are and determine what it shows you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 1:10 PM, shasta519 said:

 

True...once Lamar arrived...we have been getting a lot of BAL games...which actually makes sense...he has a cult following here. 

 

But it seems like we always get the Browns games. I guess it's because of the contingent of AFC North fans in Louisville (CLE, PIT and CIN). 

 

I always thought Teddy Bridgewater was more popular. No? @Barry Sears

 

I will always be a fan of Teddy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, exboltnowcolt said:

Hello, new member here, old time charger fan...now, a rivers fan!!!

Got my Colts hat ready!!!

Is there any link to the games via the Radio?

Not sure I will get the Sunday Ticket again and would love to be able to just kick back, have a beer or shot of tequila or two and enjoy listening to Rivers chew up the Defenses each week.

 

Thanks in advance and GO COLTS!!!

 

Welcome! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, Barry Sears said:

 

Probably so.  I use Roku and checked to see if Sunday Ticket was available where I am, and it's not.  Only through Direct TV or some other service, which I'm not switching to.  Guess I'll have to hope for a few games this season and watch highlights.

You can try using the direct tv streaming option.  Just need to type in an apartment address.  I live in an apartment so no worries.  Cut cable and direct tv a year ago.  I use the Roku for Sunday ticket.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Joseph

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

I'd assume that you'd only get whatever is showing in your area. I don't think they'd give access to half the Sunday games for 5.99/mo.

 

When you sign up, it probably uses your IP address to locate where you are and determine what it shows you.

That was what i was afraid of.  Thanks for the info.  Sunday ticket it is.....

 

Joseph

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

He was until Jackson came along...especially after winning the MVP.

 

I'm a fan of Teddy, too...great young man and hope he does well in Carolina.

 

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

 

Teddy was more popular...but he sort of fell off once he got hurt...and then Lamar started doing his thing.

 

There are some fans who are fans of Teddy for what he did in college. While Lamar may have won the Heisman, Teddy was more successful in college. That Sugar Bowl performance against that great defense was fantastic! And he was humble while doing it. I'm a big fan of his and I am not a Louisville Cardinals fan. (I'm a Stanford Cardinal fan.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, Barry Sears said:

 

Probably so.  I use Roku and checked to see if Sunday Ticket was available where I am, and it's not.  Only through Direct TV or some other service, which I'm not switching to.  Guess I'll have to hope for a few games this season and watch highlights.

Little hack to get it to work is check different random apartment addresses i.e (blah blah blah unit 203) and if it says you are able to get the streaming package then temporarily change a credit card to that address, make the purchase and set it back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Hey guys, hopefully someone has some advice. Huge Colts fan in California looking for way to watch the Colts game live, or after. Use to catch the games on reddit, seems that option is unavailable now. Any ideas or suggestions. Tough loss today and even more maddening not being able to watch the game!! 

 

If you're ok watching the games immediately after they end, get NFL Game Pass. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Tough loss today and even more maddening not being able to watch the game!! 

 

 

Lol. I feel the same way about not having been able to watch the Vikings game. 

 

25 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

If you're ok watching the games immediately after they end, get NFL Game Pass. 

 

I might have to get that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I feel the hype about Carl Lawson is from a combination of people who haven't really watched him play, and who overrate "pressures" by assuming that all pressures are equally disruptive.    Lawson is a tough, physical, high effort guy, he tackles well, plays the run reasonably well, he has decent size, and he would fit nicely as a DE for us. He's not a dynamic pass rusher, and I don't think he ever would be a dynamic pass rusher.   He has some quickness and speed, good speed to power, but he's not the kind of explosive pass rusher that blows up the other team's blocking schemes. He has below average bend and closing speed, and he takes a lot of steps, which explains his tragically poor three cone. He also has below average length, and gets neutralized by good blockers. This is all obvious on his tape, it was obvious on his college tape, and it's why he went in the 4th round.   TomDiggs mentioned Lawson's knockdowns/hits and hurries. PFF recorded six edge rushers with at least QB 15 hits; despite the fact that Lawson had 24 hits, he only had five sacks, which is the least sacks among those six players. In fact, there were ten edges with fewer than 15 QB hits, but with at least ten sacks. PFF has 24 edges with at least 30 pressures; Lawson had 34 hurries, but was tied for fifth fewest sacks among those 24 players. In fact, there were five edges with fewer hurries than Lawson, but at least ten sacks.   My point is that QB hits and pressures only show a player that manages to get near the QB at some point during the play. Without context, they don't necessarily show a player that makes a definite impact on the play. That's why I value PFF's pass rush productivity (PRP) stat, because sacks are weighted more heavily than hits and pressures. And that makes sense because a sack ends the play. A QB can be pressured, even hit, and still make a positive play. Recognizing a sack as nearly always a negative play for the offense, PRP shows the difference between a guy who gets near the QB, and a pass rusher who makes plays for the defense. Sometimes the overlap is not as great as you might think.   Lawson's PRP was 8.5, tied for #18, well separated from guys like Bosa (10.6) and Watt (9.7). In general, a player with a bunch of total pressures, but low sack numbers, like Lawson, is a guy who gets a bunch of pass rush snaps but doesn't have the length, bend and closing speed to get home often enough. This is why guys like Trey Hendrickson and Leonard Floyd can have a third fewer total pressures, but twice as many sacks as Lawson (Hendrickson also had 80 fewer pass rush snaps). And Lawson gets a ton of pass rush snaps because he plays for a bad team with no other good edge rushers, so as long as he's healthy he'll have a lot of pressures, but he'll probably never be a big sack guy.   He's Trey Flowers. Better 40, same agility, not as long, mid level edge rusher who is well rounded and a good guy to have on your team, but not a dominant pass rusher. I can't see offering him $14m/year to not sack the QB. Any projection that has him as a big time sack guy is unrealistic, IMO.
    • It's nice to see Pittman, Smith and Okereke get some love.
    • Did I misread your post?   Did you not say you were in favor of moving Nelson to LT?   That if we’re going to pay him top dollar, it would be better to do it with him as our LT instead of at LG?    That wasn’t you?    I’m sorry, I thought that’s what I responded to.... 
    • With me, road whites are off-limits.  As to the blue tops, as much as i do dig the color rush blues, I’m an old-school-uni guy, and would lean to white pants.   I’m in Penn State country, and there are some similarities i guess.   I do think improvements can be made in the striping.  Minimal enough cahange to keep purists happy, but could “update the uni.  Perhaps 3 stripes down the leg and middle of helmet.  Middle one thicker than sides.  Not crazy wide.... tasteful like the stripes on a shelby. The middle stripe could be horseshoes similar to the way seattle uses imagry.  Maybe a large horseshoe on each shoulder that circles down around the number.  Minimal...... but updated..... without losing the “brand.”   Remember that outdated font that was recently retired?  A small “refresh” might be nice.   I’d like to see a “ghosted” image of like padding texture or like metalplate image (barely noticeable) at shoulder pads, knee and thigh pads.  Like a 3d effect.   I remember oregon once had ghosted wings on the shoulders that were cool, bit not “too much.”
    • If you read the previous posts, you would see that I don't have a problem with paying Nelson and I expect us to keep him at Guard and draft a LT. So take a deep breath.   This part isn't directed towards you particularly but jeez louise I keep on having to restate stuff 
  • Members

    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 4,469

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 8,404

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Thunderbolt

      Thunderbolt 452

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CanuckColtsFan

      CanuckColtsFan 355

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • tate

      tate 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • nfatta

      nfatta 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,146

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 4,080

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...