Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saturday Signs With Packers [Merge]

It seems as though the Colts never wanted to sign any of the 15-18 free agents they had. Mathis and Wayne were the only exceptions. Did the Colts brass see anything on film to reject guys like Saturday, Tamme, Anderson, etc?

Losing Tamme was pure sillyness in my opinion considering the release of Clark, maybe it was a cap issue but if it wasnt we should have kept him he could catch and he could run, sure he probably wasnt as good as Clark but he was more then suitable in my opinion

It seems as though the Colts never wanted to sign any of the 15-18 free agents they had. Mathis and Wayne were the only exceptions. Did the Colts brass see anything on film to reject guys like Saturday, Tamme, Anderson, etc?

IMO, they kept the two most valuable of those free agents. Whether they should have retained others is open for debate, but the front office seems to be making the right decisions.

Best of luck "Dennis Brown" ;)

Imo with the exception of Wayne because we need recievers, it is a complete purge of the Peyton system and players which is i think a good thing because of the direction that this team is heading. No need for the 'well Peyton did it this way' talk in the huddle. Mathis is D so not a problem there.

Here's to a Packer/Bronco Super Bowl!

Unless someone is going to throw a lot of money at him, losing Tamme would be foolish.

Not only is he a proven, young TE that should come relatively cheap, he is also one of our few good special teams players.

Man... Jeff was next to Peyton my favorite Colt ever. He was a class act and always gave 110%. Tough to see him go, but his days with the Colts are not over. He will have a position in the FO when he retires.

Good luck Jeff.

Here's to a Packer/Bronco Super Bowl!

Unless someone is going to throw a lot of money at him, losing Tamme would be foolish.

Not only is he a proven, young TE that should come relatively cheap, he is also one of our few good special teams players.

Agreed, Tamme would be a nice piece to keep and looks like cheap. It would take away a big hole, but I would love to get Fleener if he falls to the 2nd.

Well with all these releases and retirements and such I can honestly say outside of our first pick I have no idea where Jim and Grigson will go next so many needs, we turned a few team needs into needing half a team, Im sure Grigs and Irsay are scrambling to figure out something but this is what happens when you hang to a bunch of guys to long while some of them were good (3-4 of them if that) change retooling is always needed or you have to it all at once (which is the hard way)

my saturday shirt is not good any more :(

Looks like all the shirts of old are not good anymore. :sigh: Well I am not buying anymore shirts until I see who will pan out and stay with the new Colts.

Looks like all the shirts of old are not good anymore. :sigh: Well I am not buying anymore shirts until I see who will pan out and stay with the new Colts.

I hear ya. Basic blue for me

I have to say, I'm really surprised by this one.

I really thought he would retire as a Colt.

I agree, I thought so too, until the combine and some comments he made on Bob & Tom, about "looking around" as he put it..then I knew he was not going to sign or would not get signed with the Colts. He is such a funny guy. Going to miss him as a Colt... not a big Packer fan here! but always a Saturday fan!

Reported on ESPN by Schefttner that Saturday and the Packers close to signing a deal.

If he does I'll have to retire my gameday jersey and get another, just don't know which lineman I want.

I don't wear wideout, backs, or ends numbers just the guys doing the work in the trenches......

i'd be proud to wear a saturday jersey. he's one of the greatst colts personalities of the indianpolis era (right after jeff george)

OK, I will

I need more generic colts gear if they're going to be changing things up like this though

Been trying to talk to Jason La Canfora and a few others from NFL Network on Twitter and they are on but not answering my questions

if you do, can you ask where Dallas Clark may end up...also read Tamme is being looked at by the Broncos?