Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why The Colts Will Make The Playoffs Next Year

unitaswestand

Heck they will be better than the Jags & Titans + the Texans can't beat the Colts away from Houston so it's feasible they could win plenty of games next year. Playoffs would be very difficult but the ideology that this team is an expansion team IMO is false with all the FA acquisitions and the new coaching staff which I think are much better.

I don't think this team will be worse than a team that could have won 6+ games last year. The D should be better and so should the offense. The special teams can't get worse. Well neither could the D really.

They still have a lot or work to do but this team is not the Browns.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe that 4-12 is what the Colts will look at next year. If we go any higher than that, that would be fantastic. I just predict that Luck will have a Manning-esque rookie year and the offense and defense will struggle early on because of philosophy changes and they need time to mesh. Later on in the season they gel more and have a little winning streak.

Its weird to think about. We were 2-14 last year, but realistically, if we placed a NORMAL capable-of-throwing QB, how many of those 14 losses would have been wins? I wanna be optimistic about next season and go out and say that I'd be very pleased with 8-8, and I think its possible. The biggest obsticle is the personnel change, from players to coaches to front office.

That would be the best thing that could happen to us in my eyes. We could trade back like St. Louis has and pick up several extra first round picks that help us rebuild a lot faster over the next few years (if we evaluate talent well). If we end up being a 500 team then we will be stuck in the middle of the draft for years and never really get the skilled players that take teams over the top without hitting on like every draft pick. Having those extra draft picks would allow us to be more likely to succeed because we would have a better chance of hitting on more than just relying on that 1 pick. Also it would allow us to possibly trade picks. I love how NE seems to have two first round picks every year...still get who they target and then turn the other into like another 1st round pick the next year and like a middle rounder that year. They constantly turn 1 pick into 2 and 2 into 3 and still find the players they want. They have the best draft team imo.

Totally agree!

I still believe that 4-12 is what the Colts will look at next year. If we go any higher than that, that would be fantastic. I just predict that Luck will have a Manning-esque rookie year and the offense and defense will struggle early on because of philosophy changes and they need time to mesh. Later on in the season they gel more and have a little winning streak.

I wonder if the fans will be patient thru next year if thats true. That would be middle of the road for a fan base that is hooked on playoff football. (myself included)

Heck they will be better than the Jags & Titans + the Texans can't beat the Colts away from Houston so it's feasible they could win plenty of games next year. Playoffs would be very difficult but the ideology that this team is an expansion team IMO is false with all the FA acquisitions and the new coaching staff which I think are much better.

I don't think this team will be worse than a team that could have won 6+ games last year. The D should be better and so should the offense. The special teams can't get worse. Well neither could the D really.

They still have a lot or work to do but this team is not the Browns.

True with the "pre-luck" colts. This team will have a whole new look to it I think.

Our schedule this year includes the AFC East and NFC North,not a lot of "chump" teams in those divisions. Obviously, it's a re-building year and I think our upcoming schedule won't favor that development.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the Colts in the playoffs, but then again you never know how our team will do. I see us having a positive year with obvious growing pains. We can't do any worse than last year.

We'll see when the schedules come out.

From 1st pick overall, to playoffs? Does'nt often happen. With that said; I followed Andrew Luck the last two years, and he reminds a lot of a young Peyton Manning. His ability makes the whole team play beyond they're potential. He'll win some games & the colts will lose some as a team. But wildcard is very possible because of the Luck factor.

Its weird to think about. We were 2-14 last year, but realistically, if we placed a NORMAL capable-of-throwing QB, how many of those 14 losses would have been wins? I wanna be optimistic about next season and go out and say that I'd be very pleased with 8-8, and I think its possible. The biggest obsticle is the personnel change, from players to coaches to front office.

I totally agree with you. Had we had an average QB all year, I think we could have walked out an 8-8 team last year. So I don't think the talent is at a 2-14 level. So I really expect the Colts to surprise. Luck will be a rookie, but I expect him to be better than what we had last year.

I totally agree with you. Had we had an average QB all year, I think we could have walked out an 8-8 team last year. So I don't think the talent is at a 2-14 level. So I really expect the Colts to surprise. Luck will be a rookie, but I expect him to be better than what we had last year.

Exactly... Heck, we were even close to the last minute with the steelers, who everyone said was going to DESTROY us (i remember that game specifically cause I watched with my bro who is a steelers fan). The talent was definitely not at 2-14. It was moreso the execution and coaching that was at the 2-14 level. I think Colts will be 2nd in the AFC.

........agree...as I asked in another thread, which of the 12 playoff teams have a winning record with Collins for three games, Painter for five (or so)......then finish the season with Orlovsky......the Giants were 9-7 regular season (I think).......then Super Bowl champs...same result with Collins, Painter, Orlovsky instead of Eli Manning?......the Patriots, still AFC champs with Collins,Painter and Orlovsky instead of Tom Brady?.........NOBODY IN THE NFL HAS A WINNING SEASON WITH THE COLTS 2011 QB's.....NOBODY!........( sorry for yelling)..............

Anything can happen obviously and I am hoping for a great year but we weren't even competitive in half of our games getting outscored by 10 or more points..and dont get me started with a few of them especially the Saints game. We can be a lot better and still not win more games. Such is the nfl..any given sunday but for a team with far less talent....and with only 1 pro bowlers in their original position we have a lot of holes to fill to be better. Luck can't cover all that up and heck we don't even know if he will end up being as good as everybody is counting on.