Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My final Colts Season Predictions

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My season predictions:   * When the Colts lose, fingers will be pointed at Ballard, Reich, or whichever coordinators squad didn't produce that day. * There will be another 5+ page threa

Here's my prediction for week 1:

If we beat the Jags, at least five people will say it proved nothing, we didn't beat them bad enough, or they were down on the play calling.

If we lose to the Jags, you'll see heads exploding.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

If we beat the Jags, at least five people will say it proved nothing, we didn't beat them bad enough, or they were down on the play calling.

Except mine

Losing to Jags week 1 would suck but it wouldn't be the end of the world 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

We have all the talent and skillsets we need to beat them, but it will for sure be sloppy at times. History shows even at our best the Jags find some way to push us around. 

They will very much be in a "world against us" underdog type of mentality. 

4 hours ago, stitches said:

It's so funny seeing people take exception to someone predicting 9-7 season for  the Colts. Like... I don't think we win 9 but is that really THAT much of a shocking outcome? I think it's totally within the range of possible outcomes for this season.

9-7 is definitely in the range of possible outcomes. In fact, Vegas has their O/U at 9.

For some perspective...the Colts have won at least 9 games once in the past 5 years...and that was 2018. But that season...they had the second-easiest SOS...and rattled off a 9-1 record down the stretch against opponents with a combined .445 win %.

This team is better than 2018 and has what appears to be an easy schedule...but I think there is much more parity now than even two years ago. Looking at preseason power rankings...there are probably 7-8 teams that I am 100% confident the Colts can beat. And even then...we all know anything can happen on Sunday.

As for my prediction...I will say the Colts get more bounces than they did last year...and end up 10-6. Just excited to have football back.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

9-7 is definitely in the range of possible outcomes. In fact, Vegas has their O/U at 9.

For some perspective...the Colts have won at least 9 games once in the past 5 years...and that was 2018. But that season...they had the second-easiest SOS...and rattled off a 9-1 record down the stretch against opponents with a combined .445 win %.

This team is better than 2018 and has what appears to be an easy schedule...but I think there is much more parity now than even two years ago. Looking at preseason power rankings...there are probably 7-8 teams that I am 100% confident the Colts can beat. And even then...we all know anything can happen on Sunday.

As for my prediction...I will say the Colts get more bounces than they did last year...and end up 10-6. Just excited to have football back.

After last year against Dolphins I have learned nothing is for sure.

I hope I am wrong and we finally start Week 1 with a W.

• Like 1

Week 1 @ JAX: W

Week 2 vs. MIN: L

Week 3 vs. NYJ: W

Week 4 @ CHI W

Week 5 @ CLE L

Week 6 vs. CIN W 

Week 7 BYE 

Week 8 @ DET W

Week 9 vs. BAL L 

Week 10 @ TEN L

Week 11 vs. GB W

Week 12 vs. TEN W

Week 13 @ HOU L 

Week 14 @ LV W

Week 15 vs. HOU W 

Week 16 @ PIT L

Week 17 vs. JAX W

10-6

Just now, Myles said:

Week 4 @ CHI W

Week 5 @ CLE L

Week 6 vs. CIN W 

Week 7 BYE 

Week 8 @ DET W

Week 9 vs. BAL L 

Week 10 @ TEN L

Week 11 vs. GB W

Week 12 vs. TEN W

Week 13 @ HOU L 

Week 14 @ LV W

Week 15 vs. HOU W 

Week 16 @ PIT L

Week 17 vs. JAX W

10-6

I don't why we can't beat Pittsburgh every year but we always seem to fall apart there

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Week 4 @ CHI W

Week 5 @ CLE L

Week 6 vs. CIN W 

Week 7 BYE 

Week 8 @ DET W

Week 9 vs. BAL L 

Week 10 @ TEN L

Week 11 vs. GB W

Week 12 vs. TEN W

Week 13 @ HOU L 

Week 14 @ LV W

Week 15 vs. HOU W 

Week 16 @ PIT L

Week 17 vs. JAX W

10-6

I'm assuming you have us winning the South

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Week 4 @ CHI W

Week 5 @ CLE L

Week 6 vs. CIN W 

Week 7 BYE 

Week 8 @ DET W

Week 9 vs. BAL L 

Week 10 @ TEN L

Week 11 vs. GB W

Week 12 vs. TEN W

Week 13 @ HOU L 

Week 14 @ LV W

Week 15 vs. HOU W 

Week 16 @ PIT L

Week 17 vs. JAX W

10-6

I agree with this except for Cleveland. The Colts will beat them and go 11-5. And will be a wild card with TN winning the Division. 

16 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I don't why we can't beat Pittsburgh every year but we always seem to fall apart there

I'm assuming you have us winning the South

Yep.   Pittsburgh will be pretty good this year so there is no way I can pick us going there and getting the W.

I think the division could go to the Titans, Colts or even the Texans.  

• Haha 1
Just now, Myles said:

Yep.   Pittsburgh will be pretty good this year so there is no way I can pick us going there and getting the W.

I see Pitt finishing 3rd in North 

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I agree with this except for Cleveland. The Colts will beat them and go 11-5. And will be a wild card with TN winning the Division. 

I had to choose a road loss between the Raiders, Browns and Lions.   Those could be 3 games that are not "gimmie games".    I think we lose one of them.  

22 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Jaguars L

Vikings at Colts L

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts L

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts L

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans W

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts L

Colts at Steelers L

Jaguars at Colts W

9-7

Go Colts!

To the two bolded losses above...... 'Splain yourself please..... 

38 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

After last year against Dolphins I have learned nothing is for sure.

I hope I am wrong and we finally start Week 1 with a W.

It's definitely a win they need to bank. But I think they will get the win easily...unless the defense is rusty and Minshew plays out of his mind.

Just now, shasta519 said:

It's definitely a win they need to bank. But I think they will get the win easily...unless the defense is rusty and Minshew plays out of his mind.

Everyone will be rusty i expect a lot of mistakes in all games honestly 

27 minutes ago, Myles said:

Was the last time the steelers played @Indy in 2005? (Edit, this is false they played them @Indy in 2017)... overall record vs Steelers is 25-6.... 25 losses. 

I dont see the Colts losing to the jags at all this year. Yeah, the Colts usually start slow but with every team starting slow this year we should have an advantage lol. 

Im going with 12-4 for the first time since Peyton, and one of those wins will be vs the Ravens. I dont care who you are the Colts have the Ravens number. Just because they're a hot pick doesn't mean a thing. 

Just now, NannyMcafee said:

Was the last time the steelers played @Indy in 2005?

I dont see the Colts losing to the jags at all this year. Yeah, the Colts usually start slow but with every team starting slow this year we should have an advantage lol. 

Im going with 12-4 for the first time since Peyton, and one of those wins will be vs the Ravens. I dont care who you are the Colts have the Ravens number. Just because they're a hot pick doesn't mean a thing. 

The key would be containing Lamar and letting Mack and Taylor kill time

22 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Jaguars L

Vikings at Colts L

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts L

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts L

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans W

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts L

Colts at Steelers L

Jaguars at Colts W

9-7

Go Colts!

No way we lose to the Bengals Burrow is in a new offense with less talented offensive line and Zac Taylor is not a good HC

This is how I see the season going, and every season before and after this one:

Colts at Jags W

Vikings at Colts W

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts W

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts W

Colts at Titans W

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans W

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts W

Colts at Steelers W

Jags at Colts W

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not great at predictions but I think I could see a return to 2018 where the Colts make the playoffs and win a game (over Texans, Patriots, Steelers?) before bowing out in the divisional round (to Chiefs, Ravens, Bills?).  I think that would be a nice bounce back season after last year.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

I'm not great at predictions but I think I could see a return to 2018 where the Colts make the playoffs and win a game (over Texans, Patriots, Steelers?) before bowing out in the divisional round (to Chiefs, Ravens, Bills?).  I think that would be a nice bounce back season after last year.

I see us getting the 6th seed currently and winning the first match but past that is up in the air rn 

• Like 1
On 9/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, Bluesmith said:

This is how I see the season going, and every season before and after this one:

Colts at Jags W

Vikings at Colts W

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts W

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts W

Colts at Titans W

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans W

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts W

Colts at Steelers W

Jags at Colts W

The funny thing is, with the Colts approach to the games this season (top running game, good solid defense emphasizing takeaways, and doing just enough in the passing game to keep defenses honest), this is not THAT far-fetched if health is fairly well maintained.  It's long been the formula for success in this league.  I know people will point to the recent uprising of the downfield passing game as a deterrent to that, and certainly the Superbowl in Feb., but how many Patrick Mahomes' are out there?  There are VERY few that can lead a team back like he has been able to.  Besides, if Jimmy G hits that long throw it may have been VERY different. 

I still like this formula for success in this league and I think Ballard was wise to build it this way, not so reliant on the QB and one guy to carry the team.  Of course, I'm not predicting 16-0.  I could reasonably see 10 wins with relative health, maybe 12 or 13 as a ceiling if most things go right, and 9 wins as a floor.  The KEY to this season IMHO will be the first half.  I have always considered momentum as more important than roster.  The difference between the top teams and the bottom feeders in this league is not that great, and if you get guys believing they can do something special then many times they will.  A fast start to the season would bode well for this young, improving roster and they could take that needed confidence into the tougher half of the season where they'll likely need it.

6 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

The funny thing is, with the Colts approach to the games this season (top running game, good solid defense emphasizing takeaways, and doing just enough in the passing game to keep defenses honest), this is not THAT far-fetched if health is fairly well maintained.  It's long been the formula for success in this league.  I know people will point to the recent uprising of the downfield passing game as a deterrent to that, and certainly the Superbowl in Feb., but how many Patrick Mahomes' are out there?  There are VERY few that can lead a team back like he has been able to.  Besides, if Jimmy G hits that long throw it may have been VERY different. 

I still like this formula for success in this league and I think Ballard was wise to build it this way, not so reliant on the QB and one guy to carry the team.  Of course, I'm not predicting 16-0.  I could reasonably see 10 wins with relative health, maybe 12 or 13 as a ceiling if most things go right, and 9 wins as a floor.  The KEY to this season IMHO will be the first half.  I have always considered momentum as more important than roster.  The difference between the top teams and the bottom feeders in this league is not that great, and if you get guys believing they can do something special then many times they will.  A fast start to the season would bode well for this young, improving roster and they could take that needed confidence into the tougher half of the season where they'll likely need it.

Ceiling is 11 Floor is 6 IMO

This team has the ability to go very far but we are gonna have to limit mistakes. 

What helps is Rivers has plenty of experience and hopefully he uses that experience to make solid plays and not be the hero.

I hope Mack and Taylor tear up the league this year. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Our team is solid across the board explain any weaknesses because I don't see it 13-3 is a very strong possibility and a Super Bowl run. I just think you all are just preparing yourself for the worst. 

Colts aren't going 13 -3.

I see them making the playoffs though 

5 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Our team is solid across the board explain any weaknesses because I don't see it 13-3 is a very strong possibility and a Super Bowl run. I just think you all are just preparing yourself for the worst. 

I will still stick with 10-6 and division champs and I agree with most in here we aren't losing to the Jags on opening day. We would have to lay an egg to lose that one. The spread is 7.5 in that game, I will even say we cover, something like 27-17.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will still stick with 10-6 and division champs and I agree with most in here we aren't losing to the Jags on opening day. We would have to lay an egg to lose that one. The spread is 7.5 in that game, I will even say we cover, something like 27-17.

I'm hoping we win but certainly not overlooking them

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I'm hoping we win but certainly not overlooking them

We should dust them. They won't have a running game, and have lost a ton of production on D. If we don't win by 10+, something is really wrong. Not overlooking them, but they are 32nd ranked for a reason.

• Like 1
Just now, EastStreet said:

We should dust them. They won't have a running game, and have lost a ton of production on D. If we don't win by 10+, something is really wrong. Not overlooking them, but they are 32nd ranked for a reason.

I think they ultimately finish with a top 10 pick by the end of the season but will pick up some surprising wins like Dolphins last season.