Go Colts!

• Haha 3
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My season predictions:   * When the Colts lose, fingers will be pointed at Ballard, Reich, or whichever coordinators squad didn't produce that day. * There will be another 5+ page threa

22 minutes ago, Horsey said:

If the Colts miss the playoffs again, with this soft schedule, Reich will be on the hot seat. 

No he won't 

7 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

The Jags are obviously tanking...I dont see them winning week 1

Don't count your chickens before they hatch

2 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I see you got us off to the obligatory slow start once again, that which I would not be the least bit surprised to see.

Hoping for better, but I too am skeptical. 

We come out rusty with no preseason imo

52 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

No he won't 

Depending on how the season goes, he very may well be.  If we're competitive and miss the playoffs (say we're 9-7 and moss playoffs on a tiebreaker, I think he's fine).   If we somehow go 6-10 or worse, I think everyone is on the hotseat.

41 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

We come out rusty with no preseason imo

Every team in the league has no preseason.  We're one of the few that has our head coach and all 3 coordinators returning for the 3rd consecutive year, which helps us tremendously... and we have a lot of returning starters, with the only really notable changes being the addition of a veteran HOF QB in Rivers, an all-pro DT in Buckner who is also a vet, and a former all-pro CB in Rhodes who is also a vet and who has worked with several of our positional coaches previously - so we shouldn't really skip a beat.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Jaguars L

Vikings at Colts L

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts L

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts L

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans W

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts L

Colts at Steelers L

Jaguars at Colts W

9-7

Go Colts!

We will beat the Jags on opening day, which would put us 10-6. I predict 10-6.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Depending on how the season goes, he very may well be.  If we're competitive and miss the playoffs (say we're 9-7 and moss playoffs on a tiebreaker, I think he's fine).   If we somehow go 6-10 or worse, I think everyone is on the hotseat.

Every team in the league has no preseason.  We're one of the few that has our head coach and all 3 coordinators returning for the 3rd consecutive year, which helps us tremendously... and we have a lot of returning starters, with the only really notable changes being the addition of a veteran HOF QB in Rivers, an all-pro DT in Buckner who is also a vet, and a former all-pro CB in Rhodes who is also a vet and who has worked with several of our positional coaches previously - so we shouldn't really skip a beat.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

I forgot Blankenship -- but our K game was arguably the biggest weakness of this team last year, so that shouldn't negatively impact us (or really change anything in terms of being rusty).  And I forgot Pittman and Patmon, but WR was (along with K) one of our biggest weaknesses last year, so their additions plus the return of Campbell should be a good thing overall anyway. 

Also, the fact that Rivers has worked with both Reich and Sirianni in the recent past probably gives him an edge to other vet QBs who relocated, as he came in familiar with the coaching staff, language, scheme, etc... Not that I think Brady, Bridgewater or Newton are going to be 'bad' in their new situations, but they do have new offenses to learn and new coaches/coordinators/etc. to deal with, Rivers is just a few years removed of working with Sirianni and Reich so in some aspects he has an advantage.  

In all honesty, if you were to rank teams in terms of who was impacted the least by this weird offseason, I'd say we'd be at or very near the top.  We've got HC and all 3 coordinators entering 3 straight years together.  On D, we'll likely be starting 9 of 11 guy who were starters or regulars in our lineup last year (with Rhodes and Buckner, both veterans who have played at an allpro level recently being the main new additions).  On O, we have our whole OL back, our starting RB back (with a stud rookie to help lessen Mack's load), our #1 WR back and what should be an improvement with our #2 WR (Pittman/healthy Campbell > than whoever was our #2 at different times last year after Funchess went down week 1), in 2 TE sets we'll have Doyle and MAC (maybe later in the year Burton) instead of Ebron (who quit on the team anyway).  So we should really be at 8 of 11 returning to our offense, with the biggest change at QB where we (on paper) have improved the QB position with a savvy vet who has familiarity with our system and coaching staff.

• Like 2

I  see 11-5.  with the bolded games as toss ups 

Colts at Jaguars W +12

Vikings at Colts W +3

Jets at Colts W +9

Colts at Bears W +9

Colts at Browns L -3

Bengals at Colts W +9

Colts at Lions W +3

Ravens at Colts L  -3

Colts at Titans L -3

Packers at Colts W +6

Titans at Colts W +3

Colts at Texans L -3

Colts at Raiders L -3

Texans at Colts W +3

Colts at Steelers W +3

Jaguars at Colts W +12

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

I  see 11-5.  with the bolded games as toss ups 

Colts at Jaguars W +12

Vikings at Colts W +3

Jets at Colts W +9

Colts at Bears W +9

Colts at Browns L -3

Bengals at Colts W +9

Colts at Lions W +3

Ravens at Colts L  -3

Colts at Titans L -3

Packers at Colts W +6

Titans at Colts W +3

Colts at Texans L -3

Colts at Raiders L -3

Texans at Colts W +3

Colts at Steelers W +3

Jaguars at Colts W +12

That looks pretty accurate, we may lose to the Vikings or maybe the Steelers but other than that I agree with what you have. I have 10-6 but 11-5 is reasonable. The Browns game will be 50/50 because it is there.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

But the other teams are not rusty?

Only the Colts?

Are you aware they Jags are predicted by pretty much everyone to be bottom-5 and by many to be bottom-3 and By some to be the worst team in the NFL, and you have ya losing to them?

Are you sure you’re a Colts fan?   And you having us losing to Cincinnati, at home?   Do you follow the NFL much at all? 

This whole post is a mystery....   Sorry.

Jags could still be bottom 3 team even with that win.

It's entirely plausible to wanna pick some upsets they happen every year. 

29 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Some of you act as if losing a couple supposed guaranteed wins is impossible.

But few noticed the upset of Packers

There are upsets and there are upsets.   Some are greater long shots than others.   Are upsets possible?   Sure.  But are they likely?   No.  Probable?  No. 

If we indeed go 9-7 with the losses you predict, unless there are bad injuries to the wrong players to explain it,  Reich will be in trouble.  With Ballard.  And with Irsay.   Let’s hope you’re wrong. 

37 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Some of you act as if losing a couple supposed guaranteed wins is impossible.

But few noticed the upset of Packers

I don't think the Packers will be that much of an upset.    I do think we will let a couple slip that we should win.  

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That looks pretty accurate, we may lose to the Vikings or maybe the Steelers but other than that I agree with what you have. I have 10-6 but 11-5 is reasonable. The Browns game will be 50/50 because it is there.

I'm being more optimistic that I probably should be

• Like 1

My season predictions:

* When the Colts lose, fingers will be pointed at Ballard, Reich, or whichever coordinators squad didn't produce that day.

* There will be another 5+ page thread about Chad Kelly.

* Shakedownstreet will use the word farted. :D

* Most all players who are injured will be described as needing to be "Cut", regardless of how illogical or ineffective it is. 

* Several folks will make passing comments about the return of Andrew Luck

* Thank the universe that there will be at least a few perfectly placed "Dear god" comments from jskinnz. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, WifiGuy said:

I don't think the Packers will be that much of an upset.    I do think we will let a couple slip that we should win.  

I'm being more optimistic that I probably should be

Guess I am pessimistic then

9-7 isn't bad but could see 10-6 too

1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

I stopped at the week 1 lost to Jax

Its not how you start but how you finish.

13-3 / 5-1 AFC 

Red are losses

Bolded are toss ups.

Colts at Jaguars W +12

Vikings at Colts W +3

Jets at Colts W +9

Colts at Bears W +9

Colts at Browns W-3

Bengals at Colts W +9

Colts at Lions W +3

Ravens at Colts W -3

Colts at Titans L -3

Packers at Colts W +6

Titans at Colts W +3

Colts at Texans W -3

Colts at Raiders L -3

Texans at Colts W +3

Colts at Steelers L +3

Jaguars at Colts W +12

Colts at Jags W

Vikings at Colts L

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts W

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts L

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans L

Colts at Raiders L

Texans at Colts W

Colts at Steelers L

Jags at Colts W

10-6 - that last win will give us the tiebreaker in the division over the Titans who will also be 10-6 IMO. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts at Jags W

Vikings at Colts L

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts W

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts L

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans L

Colts at Raiders L

Texans at Colts W

Colts at Steelers L

Jags at Colts W

10-6 - that last win will give us the tiebreaker in the division over the Titans who will also be 10-6 IMO. 

10-6 is my floor, but I split what I see as toss ups.

And on the Vikes in game 2, I just don't see them that good early. Two new coordinators. Losing Diggs at WR, two good CBs (Waynes and Alexander, DE Griffen. Picking up Jeffeson (not listed as starting) and Gladney (rook CB) was good, but they have a lot of new parts at key positions, and two new coordinators. Not saying it will be easy for us, I just think we return more consistency, and have added better pieces.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

10-6 is my floor, but I split what I see as toss ups.

And on the Vikes in game 2, I just don't see them that good early. Two new coordinators. Losing Diggs at WR, two good CBs (Waynes and Alexander, DE Griffen. Picking up Jeffeson (not listed as starting) and Gladney (rook CB) was good, but they have a lot of new parts at key positions, and two new coordinators. Not saying it will be easy for us, I just think we return more consistency, and have added better pieces.

9-7 is my floor, 11-5 is my ceiling, so I went 10-6. We could very well beat the Vikings but lose to a team like the Browns.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

9-7 is my floor, 11-5 is my ceiling, so I went 10-6. We could very well beat the Vikings but lose to a team like the Browns.

Exactly upsets happen all the time 

Nobody thought we would lose to Dolphins last year but we did 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Exactly upsets happen all the time 

Nobody thought we would lose to Dolphins last year but we did 

Yeah I even thought we would win that game even with Hoyer at QB, I was wrong. I do think had JB played we do win in all probability but you never know in this league.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I looked in detail at each team (adds and losses to personnel, 2019 dvoa, stats, etc.) a few months ago, and really like our chances in a lot of the tougher games. We certainly have our share of IFs, just like other teams, but I really like our adds. So long as we don't crash health/injury wise, I think we exceed expectation. We match up very well with some of the better teams we play.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts at Jaguars L

Vikings at Colts L

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns W

Bengals at Colts L

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts L

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans W

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts L

Colts at Steelers L

Jaguars at Colts W

9-7

Go Colts!

Thumbs down

• Like 5

It's so funny seeing people take exception to someone predicting 9-7 season for  the Colts. Like... I don't think we win 9 but is that really THAT much of a shocking outcome? I think it's totally within the range of possible outcomes for this season.

• Like 3

Colts at Jaguars W

Vikings at Colts W

Jets at Colts W

Colts at Bears W

Colts at Browns L

Bengals at Colts W

Colts at Lions W

Ravens at Colts W

Colts at Titans L

Packers at Colts W

Titans at Colts W

Colts at Texans L

Colts at Raiders W

Texans at Colts W

Colts at Steelers L

Jaguars at Colts W

---------------------------------

12-4

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's so funny seeing people take exception to someone predicting 9-7 season for  the Colts. Like... I don't think we win 9 but is that really THAT much of a shocking outcome? I think it's totally within the range of possible outcomes for this season.

Can you imagine if i said 6 -10

40 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Can you imagine if i said 6 -10

I mean... there were some eyebrow raisers in your predictions(it took a weird path to 9-7), but if at the same time  last year you told Colts fans we will win vs the future champions on the road and lose to the tanking Miami Dolphins at home people would have been surprised too... Stuff happens, surprises happen...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week 1 @ JAX: W

Week 2 vs. MIN: W

Week 3 vs. NYJ: W

Week 4 @ CHI W

Week 5 @ CLE W

Week 6 vs. CIN W 

Week 7 BYE 

Week 8 @ DET W

Week 9 vs. BAL L 

Week 10 @ TEN W

Week 11 vs. GB L 

Week 12 vs. TEN W

Week 13 @ HOU L 

Week 14 @ LV W

Week 15 vs. HOU W 

Week 16 @ PIT W

Week 17 vs. JAX W

13-3 Record, finally defeating the Steelers and a trip to the AFC Championship. 

• Like 2