Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

team captains

CurBeatElite

On the colts.com roster (https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/) they have our 53 man and our PS up to date.  So, I assume the captains are also up to date.

They have Jacoby, TY, and Darius Leonard as our captains.

It doesn't really shock me that Jacoby is listed as a captain, since he was our captain last year.  And obviously it is no surprise that Maniac and TY are captains... but a few things: (1) I thought teams needed a ST representative? (2) Is this the first time in NFL history that a backup QB is the team captain?  It seems kinda odd that the backup QB will be the one handling the coin toss, etc. (3) Are these our only captains this year? I just read NE has 8 captains for their 2020 squad.

10 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

On the colts.com roster (https://www.colts.com/team/players-roster/) they have our 53 man and our PS up to date.  So, I assume the captains are also up to date.

They have Jacoby, TY, and Darius Leonard as our captains.

It doesn't really shock me that Jacoby is listed as a captain, since he was our captain last year.  And obviously it is no surprise that Maniac and TY are captains... but a few things: (1) I thought teams needed a ST representative? (2) Is this the first time in NFL history that a backup QB is the team captain?  It seems kinda odd that the backup QB will be the one handling the coin toss, etc. (3) Are these our only captains this year? I just read NE has 8 captains for their 2020 squad.

Not so sure that that list isn't a partial holdover from last year?  They were all captains last year.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not so sure that that list isn't a partial holdover from last year?  They were all captains last year.

Yes, but Vinny was also on there (I believe) and he's no longer on there.  They have the rest of that page up-to-date... so I'm just wondering if we've announced our captains and if that is accurate.

4 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yes, but Vinny was also on there (I believe) and he's no longer on there.  They have the rest of that page up-to-date... so I'm just wondering if we've announced our captains and if that is accurate.

Geathers was also a captain last season. I'm pretty sure they cleaned up the roster page to only show current team players (removed Geathers and AV from the Team Captains banner at the top). They always announce the new team captains as soon as the voting is done. I'm sure we'll see them post an article about it soon - and I'm quite sure they'll have more than 3 captains for 2020.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

If I remember correctly, it's 2 for offense and defense each and 1 for STs

Offense - Rivers, Hilton

Defense - Leonard, Moore

STs - Sanchez

I'd go with that. I think not having your starting qb as a captain is not ideal. Rivers is new, so I get it if the team doesn't know him well enough to elect him, but still would be a good sign if they did. 

Archived