Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Practice Squad Tracker

Unlock the SWAG!

It's fun seeing all the Kelly haters cheer for him to be cut, only to come right back to the PS. He's living rent free in a lot of minds on this board without ever having to take a snap lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unlock the SWAG!   It's fun seeing all the Kelly haters cheer for him to be cut, only to come right back to the PS. He's living rent free in a lot of minds on this board without ever having

Current PS stands at 14 players:   QB Chad Kelly T Carter O'Donnell G Jake Eldrenkamp C Joey Hunt WR Daurice Fountain WR DeMichael Harris TE Farrod Green T

1. Reece Fountain WR 2. Xavier Grimble TE 3. Carter O'Donnell OT 4. Andre ChachereCB  5. Tremon Smith CB  6. Chris Williams DT 7. Robert Windsor   https://nfltr

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Unlock the SWAG!

It's fun seeing all the Kelly haters cheer for him to be cut, only to come right back to the PS. He's living rent free in a lot of minds on this board without ever having to take a snap lol.

Lol. The more I think about it is good for Eason. He will have to fight if he wants to be the starter in the future or backup next year. Nothing will be handed to him. At this point we really can’t bring Jacoby back next year if we want to see either of these guys develop. 

I Would love for the colts to have a playoff seed wrapped up and be able to see Eason in a game at the end of the year. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. The more I think about it is good for Eason. He will have to fight if he wants to be the starter in the future or backup next year. Nothing will be handed to him. At this point we really can’t bring Jacoby back next year if we want to see either of these guys develop. 

I Would love for the colts to have a playoff seed wrapped up and be able to see Eason in a game at the end of the year. 

It’s a longterm outlook for competition. This organization is probably Kelly’s best bet and maybe his only bet. Keeping him on PS shows that he’s willing to work through that process and that we are looking to keep him in some form longterm once Brissett is gone and Rivers retires from the game. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

My preference is to not see any other QB than Rivers this year. If we're up big late in a game, or have playoffs locked up, Rivers can just hand it off lol. Doubt you'd see Eason at all so long as JB is healthy. The only reason I'd want to see Eason is if we're out of the playoff hunt, or if Rivers is out for the year.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's fun seeing all the Kelly haters cheer for him to be cut, only to come right back to the PS.

I don't hate him at all. But I LOVE needling his fan bois here on the forum. :funny:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My preference is to not see any other QB than Rivers this year. If we're up big late in a game, or have playoffs locked up, Rivers can just hand it off lol. Doubt you'd see Eason at all so long as JB is healthy. The only reason I'd want to see Eason is if we're out of the playoff hunt, or if Rivers is out for the year.

If we have a playoff seed locked up the last game I would love to see Jacoby the first half and Eason the second half. At some point we need to get him in a game to see what he can do. Ballard seemed pretty impressed with Eason in his presser today. 

Current PS stands at 14 players:

QB Chad Kelly

T Carter O'Donnell

G Jake Eldrenkamp

C Joey Hunt

WR Daurice Fountain

WR DeMichael Harris

TE Farrod Green

TE Xavier Grimble

CB Andre Chachere

CB Tremon Smith

DE Gerri Green

DT Kameron Cline

DT Chris Williams

DT Rob Windsor

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
19 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

QB Chad Kelly

T Carter O'Donnell

G Jake Eldrenkamp

C Joey Hunt

WR Daurice Fountain

WR DeMichael Harris

TE Farrod Green

TE Xavier Grimble

CB Andre Chachere

CB Tremon Smith

DE Gerri Green

DT Kameron Cline

DT Chris Williams

DT Rob Windsor

Thanks.

Really liking the looks of our PS.

Little surprised about Harris over Johnson, but I suppose we could end up keeping 3.

Imagine we will bring a Safety on board, maybe another kicker?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

I don't hate him at all. But I LOVE needling his fan bois here on the forum. :funny:

I really don't care about him either way. 

I do like suggesting to the JB fan bois on here that Kelly is better though lol.

Reality is, they're both likely just back-up quality.

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we have a playoff seed locked up the last game I would love to see Jacoby the first half and Eason the second half. At some point we need to get him in a game to see what he can do. Ballard seemed pretty impressed with Eason in his presser today. 

If Rivers is looking good, and does well, he'll be back next year. So if that's the case, Eason really doesn't need to see the field this season. And if we're in a position where it just doesn't matter, then let me see Eason for a half, and Kelly for a half. We already know what we have with JB.

33 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

QB Chad Kelly

T Carter O'Donnell

G Jake Eldrenkamp

C Joey Hunt

WR Daurice Fountain

WR DeMichael Harris

TE Farrod Green

TE Xavier Grimble

CB Andre Chachere

CB Tremon Smith

DE Gerri Green

DT Kameron Cline

DT Chris Williams

DT Rob Windsor

Hope Johnson and Vollert make it 16

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Unlock the SWAG!

And the funny part is that Chad is the 2nd best QB on the team...much more capable of leading the team to a win than Brissett.  Eason is still too inexperienced.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

And the funny part is that Chad is the 2nd best QB on the team...much more capable of leading the team to a win than Brissett.  Eason is still too inexperienced.

Only time will tell. Right now, no comps. We know Kelly was good enough to win the backup job at Denver before being cut for behavioral issues. We know JB couldn't maintain starter status after being elevated due to injury. We know Ballard is keeping both around for at least one more year. 

Frankly, it'll likely be a mystery we'll never have answers too. That is, unless JB ever gets a QB1 job again, and Chad can gain trust and make it on a 53. All we know is that both were good enough to backups at one time or another.

45 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If Rivers is looking good, and does well, he'll be back next year. So if that's the case, Eason really doesn't need to see the field this season. And if we're in a position where it just doesn't matter, then let me see Eason for a half, and Kelly for a half. We already know what we have with JB.

At some point he needs game reps. I wouldn’t mind seeing Eason and Kelly. But they would probably give JB some time.

14 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Kelly has no more game experience then Eason. Only a few preseason snaps.

48 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Just your opinion that Kelly is the 2nd best QB on the roster.

Evidently Ballard and crew don't agree.

Mr. Irrelevant has been nothing but irrelevant. 

• Thanks 3
29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just your opinion that Kelly is the 2nd best QB on the roster.

Evidently Ballard and crew don't agree.

Mr. Irrelevant has been nothing but irrelevant. 

JB is 2nd until proven otherwise but glad Chad made the PS again.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is 2nd until proven otherwise but glad Chad made the PS again.

Realistically, JB was the #1 last year and has been relegated to the #2 spot this year by the likes of a HOF QB ringer who was brought in for the win NOW mode.

Kelly, OTOH, has been relegated to the #4 spot on the practice squad on a team that has, according to the CK fan bois:

• a legit #1 in PR,
  • a completely and contemptibly incompetent QB in JB who is now the #2 (perhaps temporarily, until PR retires for good),
  • and a raw rookie who apparently has nothing but a strong arm going for him (according to some in here) at #3, on the active roster.

Not sure why there's still a clamor for #4 to be considered the 2nd best, but such is life.

44 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Realistically, JB was the #1 last year and has been relegated to the #2 spot this year by the likes of a HOF QB ringer who was brought in for the win NOW mode.

Kelly, OTOH, has been relegated to the #4 spot on the practice squad on a team that has, according to the CK fan bois:

• a legit #1 in PR,
  • a completely and contemptibly incompetent QB in JB who is now the #2 (perhaps temporarily, until PR retires for good),
  • and a raw rookie who apparently has nothing but a strong arm going for him (according to some in here) at #3, on the active roster.

Not sure why there's still a clamor for #4 to be considered the 2nd best, but such is life.

Here's my thoughts on it, and I am not a Kelly fan boi.

He very well may be the 2nd best QB on the roster, but with JB's cap hit and experience he isn't going to be on the roster in front of him this year. Then they couldn't risk losing Eason to a waiver claim(someone would of probably scooped him up). They already had a good feel on the league, that they could get Kelly to the PS.

So, in conclusion, just because he is on the PS, that doesn't mean he is the 4th best qb on the team. Saying that though, that also doesn't mean he is the 2nd best qb on the roster either.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

So are all 16 signed yet?

I think we are going to wait till we get our guys on the IR, before we fill last 2 spots.

Ballard mentioned today that they will be keeping a QB always protected this year. I assume he means because of covid.  Eason would not of made it through waivers so it was a easy decision.  He really did say a lot o great things today. That was nice to see after all his comments after the draft. If Jacoby is gone next season there probably will be a competition for backup between the two. We also never know what will happen and Rivers could retire. Would be interesting to see what happens if that played out. Maybe bring Jacoby back for a year and let him fight out the starting job with Eason. Next year will be interesting.

4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

Dear God

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

I really like Kelly... as a back up but thoughtless remarks like this kind of make me wish that we would just let him walk...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Kelly back to practice squad.

What? Wait......you mean he wasn't claimed......again! :D

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Unlock the SWAG!

He is on the practice squad, because he deserves to be there. If he deserved more, someone in this QB starved league would snag him. Personally, I know of no Kelly haters here, just fans tired of armchair GM's stating fallacies about the ineptitude of the Colts coaching staff when it comes to recognizing Kelly's abilities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard mentioned today that they will be keeping a QB always protected this year. I assume he means because of covid.  Eason would not of made it through waivers so it was a easy decision.  He really did say a lot o great things today. That was nice to see after all his comments after the draft. If Jacoby is gone next season there probably will be a competition for backup between the two. We also never know what will happen and Rivers could retire. Would be interesting to see what happens if that played out. Maybe bring Jacoby back for a year and let him fight out the starting job with Eason. Next year will be interesting.

I just listened to Ballard’s session. I had to chuckle when he used the word “dadgum” to describe how dadgum tough Rock Ya Sin is. 

16 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

that is the truth. JB lived up to his scouting report. He is consistent. He is what he is. No need to see more. If he started with the 70's steel curtain, Stallworth and Swan would have been a non threat 15 yards down field.

1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

that is the truth. JB lived up to his scouting report. He is consistent. He is what he is. No need to see more. If he started with the 70's steel curtain, Stallworth and Swan would have been a non threat 15 yards down field.

We've all beat this horse to death, and then beat it some more.... but to be fair to Jacoby, the WRs didnt help him out much outside of Pascal.... Jacoby himself was hurt and obviously we all know what happened with TY and Campbell.

He wasnt exactly in a situation for success.... Having said that, we all know we needed to move on, and move on we did almost certainly for the better.... Im just sick of people saying Brissett was terrible, when in reality he wasnt all that bad.... He wasnt great, but he wasnt awful.

13 hours ago, Four2itus said:

What? Wait......you mean he wasn't claimed......again! :D

He is on the practice squad, because he deserves to be there. If he deserved more, someone in this QB starved league would snag him. Personally, I know of no Kelly haters here, just fans tired of armchair GM's stating fallacies about the ineptitude of the Colts coaching staff when it comes to recognizing Kelly's abilities. 

lol. QB starved? We have a glut this year more than any other. And for the record, I've said all along he'll be on the PS.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

lol. QB starved? We have a glut this year more than any other. And for the record, I've said all along he'll be on the PS.

Sorry......to clarify, I wasn't referring to your thoughts on Kelly, but I did give my own. However, I did respond to the "Kelly haters" bit. This board definitely has Brissett haters, but I haven't seen any Kelly haters....but the board has grown some Kelly fan haters. 

When all 32 teams are happy with their starting QB, that would be a glut of QB's, to me

4 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Sorry......to clarify, I wasn't referring to your thoughts on Kelly, but I did give my own. However, I did respond to the "Kelly haters" bit. This board definitely has Brissett haters, but I haven't seen any Kelly haters....but the board has grown some Kelly fan haters. 

When all 32 teams are happy with their starting QB, that would be a glut of QB's, to me

All 32 teams will never be happy. That's part of the game. The bottom 10 will always be looking to improve. 

There has been plenty CK hate. You just notice the other more because of your own views.

• Like 1

Current PS stands at 15 players: (added TE Charlie Taumoepeau and RB Darius Anderson, removed TE Xavier Grimble)

QB Chad Kelly

T Carter O'Donnell

G Jake Eldrenkamp

C Joey Hunt

WR Daurice Fountain

WR DeMichael Harris

TE Farrod Green

TE Charlie Taumoepeau

RB Darius Anderson

CB Andre Chachere

CB Tremon Smith

DE Gerri Green

DT Kameron Cline

DT Chris Williams

DT Rob Windsor

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 4:03 AM, Bolts2Colts said:

I wonder what the status is on Andrew Vollert. Supposedly Colts wanted to sign him to PS. He’s probably not thrilled about Noah addition to roster. 

Chargers practice squad still has room for one more. 

I'd be willing to bet two scenarios played out: Vollert was not patient enough to accept Ballards approach of cutting him and then bringing him back as soon as they could IR Day and was busy entertaining other offers; or he is just * off and refuses to sign to our practice squad and is STILL waiting on other offers....... besides, I like Noah and Charlie (In fact, I had Charlie as a potential target in the draft for s) and their skillset!

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Current PS stands at 15 players: (added TE Charlie Taumoepeau and RB Darius Anderson, removed TE Xavier Grimble)

QB Chad Kelly

T Carter O'Donnell

G Jake Eldrenkamp

C Joey Hunt

WR Daurice Fountain

WR DeMichael Harris

TE Farrod Green

TE Charlie Taumoepeau

RB Darius Anderson

CB Andre Chachere

CB Tremon Smith

DE Gerri Green

DT Kameron Cline

DT Chris Williams

DT Rob Windsor

I like both of those moves! I has Charlie on the Colt's radar during the draft and he is a FB now converted into an H-Back/TE and the kid from TCU can run the ball pretty good, solid career and then had a productive Senior Bowl as well!

• Like 1