Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts claim TE Noah Togiai from the Eagles

4 minutes ago, Horsey said:

He's another basketball player. I wonder if this spells the end of the disappointing Mo Allie Cox.

Hardly. Just a fill in while Trey Burton is recovering

Solid meh from me.  Decent but not great size, decent not great hands, decent not great speed.  Seems to be able to play his assignment reasonably well but nothing special.  Might be a good reserve but I don't see any real standout talent here.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bertjones7 said:

Out of the TE options avail, I really like this signing.  He was one of the biggest surprises in Eagles camp and they were planning to bring him back.

Great job Ballard! Proud of you for this shrewd move!

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Probably will get Burton to IR.

My understanding is that the IR moves can't occur prior to the waiver claims.  So we will have to cut someone - perhaps Matthew Adams?.

Afterwards, we can put Burton and/or Day on IR and fill out the roster.

Just now, bertjones7 said:

My understanding is that the IR moves can't occur prior to the waiver claims.  So we will have to cut someone - perhaps Matthew Adams?.

Afterwards, we can put Burton and/or Day on IR and fill out the roster.

According to what I was told a player just has to make the initial 53 to be IR eligible 

From what I've read, he's a receiving TE with essentially zero blocking ability (in-line or in space). If we're just looking to fill Burton's role as a receiver, he'll probably bring some value in that respect.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Do the Eagles run same offense as Colts?

Similar enough that the concepts and terminology should pretty much be the same.

It definitely makes sense to bring in a guy you may need to contribute immediately that has familiarity with the offense.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Guess they liked him better than Hale Hentges

I was hopeful to see Hentges back. I thought he did very well in his chances last year in preseason. Maybe he didn’t want to come here? 

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Horsey said:

He's another basketball player. I wonder if this spells the end of the disappointing Mo Allie Cox.

MAC hasnt been disappointing he has performed well as a blocker and can make some catches. Last year he was just injured with a hand and still played cuz colts needed help with the TE blocking assignments and he toughed it out 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

MAC hasnt been disappointing he has performed well as a blocker and can make some catches. Last year he was just injured with a hand and still played cuz colts needed help with the TE blocking assignments and he toughed it out 

Unlike one of our other TEs.....Ebron (cough, cough)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Solid meh from me.  Decent but not great size, decent not great hands, decent not great speed.  Seems to be able to play his assignment reasonably well but nothing special.  Might be a good reserve but I don't see any real standout talent here.

Yeah,  not many first team All Pros are available on the waiver wire 

• Haha 1
50 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

Chaz Green was released.

Which means at least one more move is probably coming because they aren’t going into a game with just seven olinemen on the roster, especially with both starting tackles being banged up in camp.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Horsey said:

No way.  And MAC isn't really disappointing, he's developed nicely and will have a shot to prove himself this year I think.