Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos Sign Tracy Porter

Come on guys. It's pretty apparent that Reggie stumbled a little bit on his break. That is really the only thing that caused the pick. Porter got a good jump on it, but if Reggie didn't stumble, he makes the catch or it gets jarred out of his hands. Peyton did not force it, and Porter did not make the jump until Peyton was halfway through the delivery.

It doesn't take a football genius to break this play down. Collie had his guy beat, but on a telegraphed play, you don't look at your other options unless your first one is completely blanketed from the beginning....which Reggie was not.

Just my 2 cents.

If Manning had made the Pass where Welker had to go all kung fu gymnast to get his hands on it, Manning would have been ridiculed even more by the Hate all things Manning crowd.There was far more wrong with that Super Bowl than that one pass, and even if we do tie it at that point. Brees is going to walk the dog on the defense to put more points on the board.Rah rah Tracy Porter rah rah.

For sure. It was just the icing on the crap cake known as our Super Bowl.

I wanted Colts/Vikings!! I wanted to play the old man. Darn those bounty Saints.

For sure. It was just the icing on the crap cake known as our Super Bowl.

I wanted Colts/Vikings!! I wanted to play the old man. Darn those bounty Saints.

I remember being a lot more scared to play old man Favre.....not sure why that was the case though.

Oh the memories. :(

I havent seen the SB again after that loss. Now that we are talking here it is for the Manning haters.

1. Right before the half time, we ran 3 run plays and got stuffed for all of them ( 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 - Courtesy Caldwell). Gave the ball back to Saints - Field Goal. - 3 Points.

2. Right after the half - On side kick and we lost the ball ( Courtesy Baskett ). Saints score - 7 points ( 14 point differential )

3. Garcon droppes an easy pass at 3rd down which would have been a 20 yard gain and into Saints territory. Saints got the ball. Again a differential.

I am not even considering Wayne/Peyton route.

Game would have been completely different, if everything went right. All the possible wrong combinations occurred to us that night.

Now we add the bounty twist to it.

So yeah stop blaming Peyton. Game was lost way before that.

I remember being a lot more scared to play old man Favre.....not sure why that was the case though. Oh the memories. :(

Favre had the 1st down just by running with the ball in the field goal range. Game was in his hands. He throwed the ball when it wasnt needed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Except to end the half. Lol   They are hanging in though.     Ive been going back and forth with myself, whether it would be better for us for the Browns and Ravens end up 11-5, that way our tie breakers with Raiders and Miami for last spot(if we dont come back and get division/ still more than a possibility) if we finish 10-6, would be down to our h2h with Raiders and conference with Dolphins. Although I firmly believe Dolphins won 9 games max and more likely 8, imo.
    • Good post.    And the thing blew up because of a neck surgery, BP failing to get a backup QB, and us getting the first pick in the draft the year the best prospect since John Elway declares for the draft.    As Irsay said when he was crying at that press conference with PM at his side, the two talked many ways to figure a way to work it, but "circumstances" was the 800 pound gorilla in the room.   New franchise QB, new legacy with new management.  Maybe Irsay should have simply kept Polians and Caldwell to work with Luck.  Would it have been worse than Grigs and Pagano?
    • For whatever it’s worth....   on his weekly day after interview this week, Reich admits Clark struggled in the first two series.   But he said the rest of the game he thought Clark was decent.  Not great, not terrible.   And certainly not as bad as many here are screaming about.    I have no idea what the staff will do this week, or in the off-season.   I’m just sharing what Frank said for the record. 
    • I totally hear you with the Campbell injury from this season. It wasn’t his fault. But to my point, he keeps compiling injuries in different areas of his body. It’s hard to come back from that because you never know when something is going to act up again. An abdominal muscle strain that kept him out 3 weeks, the. A broken hand where he missed four games, and finally a foot fracture that ended his season all in 2019. And now the MCL. And that doesn’t even include whatever happened to him his rookie year in training camp.   That’s just a lot of injuries on a body for a guy drafted a year ago. The NFL season is Lon and tough and it just makes you wonder is he built to last a full 16 games? Or since almost everyone misses time , at least 12/16. And he’s missed a lot of valuable time in terms of reps, on field snaps, position coaching, weight room work, conditioning, etc... tough hill to climb. And he’s got to reset to square one each time. First he’s gotta back into playing strength, then he’s gotta start getting comfortable moving again. Then he’s got to dive back into the playbook, get back in the routine of working out, practicing,etc... you don’t just get injured, heal, and then pick back up where you left off when you’re that young.
  • Members

• Onthefence

Onthefence 0

Rookie
    • B~Town

B~Town 735

• ar7

ar7 450

• w87r

w87r 2,783

Moderators
    • life long