Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if?

MCurtis32

Quarterbacks hang together and have meetings and game plan sessions. One of those players or coaches in that room test positive. Would the entire group be quarantined along with their position coaches and possibly Head coach and or offensive coordinator?  If this happened late in the week, would there be a forfeit or a reschedule of games. Or would they get Tom Matte to fill in?

They stay seperate and distanced in the facility, so this scenario isn't likely.  The virus is likely to be transmitted if you spend 10-15 unmasked minutes with someone indoors at a time.  Have you not seen the videos and articles on the tracer bracelets the Colts use?  They tell the players and the team how long anyone has been close to others and who the personnel were.... 

They've thought of this, and likely any other possible scenario, there are people making millions.... They'll take many more precautions, And spend a ton more on prevention and ppe than people like us do....

I could be wrong, but I believe they maintain social distancing and protection in meetings as well (they wear distance monitors that beep if they get close to another player).  I would think the impact would be on the positive player only (unless protocols were broken.)

10 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

Quarterbacks hang together and have meetings and game plan sessions. One of those players or coaches in that room test positive. Would the entire group be quarantined along with their position coaches and possibly Head coach and or offensive coordinator?  If this happened late in the week, would there be a forfeit or a reschedule of games. Or would they get Tom Matte to fill in?

Now having been a fan from the 60's and watching Matte at QB, that Matte comment brought a smile and made me laugh. But he was a tough competitor and probably would be game.

23 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

Now having been a fan from the 60's and watching Matte at QB, that Matte comment brought a smile and made me laugh. But he was a tough competitor and probably would be game.

You are probably right. I was pretty young at the time, maybe 4 or 5 at the time. My dad was jumping up and down and telling Me the gravity of the situation. That whole team and league were just plain tough guys back then. They all had real jobs during the week! I got to meet most of these old Colts over the next 5-10 years. Johnny Unitas had a brother named Leonard who lived in our area. Lots of visits from those guys.

1 minute ago, MCurtis32 said:

You are probably right. I was pretty young at the time, maybe 4 or 5 at the time. My dad was jumping up and down and telling Me the gravity of the situation. That whole team and league were just plain tough guys back then. They all had real jobs during the week! I got to meet most of these old Colts over the next 5-10 years. Johnny Unitas had a brother named Leonard who lived in our area. Lots of visits from those guys.

I consider you very fortunate to have lived closely enough to have met them. Would have been nice. However proud to be a from the Tar Heel state. Yes the game and the players were tough then. Mad Dog deserves to be on HOF. He was tough as nails and a defensive favorite

Archived