Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Targets by Position

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Hope he flunks the physical lol....

Thanks, didn't see that from Jo Jo.

Saw that news earlier on AP. That's a good spot for him IMO. Pretty good run blocking team, and it will help bring some balance to their O. He only needs 1000ish yards to break Barry's mark. I'll tell you what, he won't make our D's job any easier this year.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hope he flunks the physical lol....

Thanks, didn't see that from Jo Jo.

Saw that news earlier on AP. That's a good spot for him IMO. Pretty good run blocking team, and it will help bring some balance to their O. He only needs 1000ish yards to break Barry's mark. I'll tell you what, he won't make our D's job any easier this year.

They have Kerryon Johnson and Swift(hurt now). I dont think he gets to 1000yds in Detroit this year, even more so, not sure why Lions would want AP to pass Sanders wearing a Lions jersey.? Seems a little disrespectful, I get it is a business,  but man...

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

They have Kerryon Johnson and Swift(hurt now). I dont think he gets to 1000yds in Detroit this year, even more so, not sure why Lions would want AP to pass Sanders wearing a Lions jersey.? Seems a little disrespectful, I get it is a business,  but man...

Johnson just isn't that good, so I expect AP to be the guy until Swift gets back to health. I envision a sharing load like Mack and Taylor. I think AP has more to offer than Mack though, age aside.

I agree on that he's not likely to get to 1000, but it's an interesting back story. I'd love to see him put up 100+ vs the Bears lol.

• Like 1

I dont know what happened with Sydney Jones in Philly. Do their corners play the same scheme as us? Or is it more like Minn? Is this a situation like Rhodes where our scheme could be a better fit?

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont know what happened with Sydney Jones in Philly. Do their corners play the same scheme as us? Or is it more like Minn? Is this a situation like Rhodes where our scheme could be a better fit?

Mainly seems as if he just cant avoid getting injured.

Could be worth a flyer IMO.

14 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

if it was up to me I’d sign

hale hentges TE

Josh Andrews OL

cut

ziere Franklin  LB

Chaz green OL

Ps

Chad Kelly QB

Reese fountain WR

Marcus Johnson WR

Demicheal Harris WR

Andrew Volert TE

Javon Patterson OL

Even Boheim OL

jackson Barton OT

Rob Windsor DT

Gerri Green DE

Lee autry DL

Ziere Franklin Lb

Travis Reed Cb

Nate Hairston CB

Rutledge S

Solid looking list. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I have to admit, this was the first time this year that I was disappointed in the guys on this team. They actually looked bored, of all things. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say it looked like they were told that the Titans were given the win by the league in this one, and they didn't have it in them to even make it look like a real game.   Now that's how it looked.   In reality, though, it did look like they, for whatever reasons, couldn't find it in them to be up emotionally for this game. And there's no other way to describe that than extremely disappointing. And as a result, it left me increasingly bored with the game as it went along. So much so that it took me three viewings to complete it. I actually fell asleep on two different occasions trying to finish it.   BLECH!!!
    • Agreed doesn’t make it any less disrespectful.  
    • Don’t like it, but they backed it up.
    • I think Manning and Condon engineered Manning's way out of Indy...and there's a decent chance Irsay was involved. That team was really bad...and Manning wasn't going to spend his last few years on a team with an aging crappy roster with little hope of getting back to the Super Bowl. I think Manning's legacy was incredibly important to him...and he felt he had unfinished business.   Manning's last contract was actually signed in the summer leading up to the 2011 season...less than 7 weeks before he would have the neck fusion. They were in a lockout that offseason...and it wasn't resolved until 7/25...so Manning didn't sign his deal until 7/31.    But at that point, he had had failed TWO surgeries (one in February and one in May I believe)...and still couldn't throw the football 5 yards. There is a fantastic WaPo article out there that chronicles Manning's neck injury and recovery. Manning knew he couldn't throw...and that it wasn't getting better...and because of this and him having access to the best medical care...I think Manning also knew what he would have to do...in regards to the fusion surgery and other treatments (like the stem cell treatment he got in Europe).   But the interesting part is that Irsay, who knew Manning better than just about anybody (and I am sure knew about the surgeries and maybe even Manning's current status), didn't bother to have even a basic physical before making Manning "the highest-paid QB in the NFL"...as he insisted on doing. I know QBs are treated differently...but that what type of business owner makes that type of investment without due diligence (or how does his inner circle of advisors let him). It would have been akin to Ballard giving Luck a big extension in the summer of 2017 when Luck looked like he weighed 170 lbs.   Either Irsay was aware of it all and was involved in Manning's exit...or he took Peyton at his word on his health and was ultimately duped.   But considering they both agreed to include a massive $27M option bonus due the following spring...essentially a poison pill that would end the contract if there even any question about Manning's health...I think it's pretty clear they both knew there was considerable risk due to Manning's neck. But the rub is that it was actually Manning (and Condon) who insisted on the roster option...and I think they did it because they knew what was coming and knew the Colts wouldn't/couldn't pick it up. And they even made the option decision due 5 days BEFORE the start of the league year...so that the Colts would have to pick it up to even trade him.   Basically...Manning would be a FA and would get to choose his next team to cement his legacy...and the Colts would rebuild...which is what Irsay wanted. And most of the fanbase would accept and understand why he left. It was pretty ingenious actually.       
    • I want us to face them again in the playoffs and beat them, just like we did in '18 with the Texans. 
  • Members