Josh Garnet

DL:

Joe Jackson

Jonathan Bullard

CB:

Rasul Douglas

Sidney Jones

Michael Jackson

These are a few names that caught my eye as I was scanning through cuts today. Any other names anyone else see as possibilities?

2 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

They have worked out 2 guards, 1 tackle and a TE already.

All signs point to Burton and Day being placed on IR to Return and a TE and an OLineman signed to cover the first 3-6 weeks. 

Yeah that is why I have the most players at those 2 positions. I suppose we could just sign 1 or 2 of our guys we released instead of going to PS potentially.(Windsor, Hunt, Green) I would rather have Hentges over Green though.

54 minutes ago, w87r said:

WR:

Deon Cain(PS)

Hakeem Butler

TE:

Hale Hentges

Ross Travis

Jordan Thomas

Richard Rodgers

OL:

Prince Tega Wanogho

Trey Adams

Evan Boehm

Parker Ehinger

Jackson Barton

Mitch Hyatt

Josh Garnet

DL:

Joe Jackson

Jonathan Bullard

CB:

Rasul Douglas

Sidney Jones

Michael Jackson

These are a few names that caught my eye as I was scanning through cuts today. Any other names anyone else see as possibilities?

No way will Cain be back. Not before Fountain. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Yeah but our depth at WR is far better this year. I think the water has sailed on Cain

Probably, we don't really need any WAr's. Just listed Cain because of team connection and Bitler because he was a young guy.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:
4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I agree.  There are guys like Marcus Johnson who was on the roster last year they might bring back to the PS before Cain if they lose Fountain

I imagine we carry 2 WRs on practice squad. Marcus Johnson makes the PS before Fountain in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Probably, we don't really need any WAr's. Just listed Cain because of team connection and Bitler because he was a young guy.

I imagine we carry 2 WRs on practice squad. Marcus Johnson makes the PS before Fountain in my opinion. 

I could very easily see that my point was more there are other options out there with ties to the Colts besides Cain.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I could very easily see that my point was more there are other options out there with ties to the Colts besides Cain.

Yeah possibly, like I said we really dont need any WRs. I do think the Colts were trying to get Cain to PS last year when Steelers claimed him.

I personally would take Johnson and Fountain over Cain, but he is worth a consideration if either or both are claimed.

Just now, w87r said:

There any other guys you would add to this list, that youve noticed?

Johnson is the most obvious but any of the guys they released today the might take a look at.  It’s not impossible someone Dulian or Paton gets released and ends up on the PS after final cuts are done.  

1 hour ago, w87r said:

WR:

Deon Cain(PS)

Hakeem Butler

TE:

Hale Hentges

Ross Travis

Jordan Thomas

Richard Rodgers

OL:

Prince Tega Wanogho

Trey Adams

Evan Boehm

Parker Ehinger

Jackson Barton

Mitch Hyatt

Josh Garnet

DL:

Joe Jackson

Jonathan Bullard

CB:

Rasul Douglas

Sidney Jones

Michael Jackson

Missing the Forum idol... Chad Kelly...

6 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah possibly, like I said we really dont need any WRs. I do think the Colts were trying to get Cain to PS last year when Steelers claimed him.

I personally would take Johnson and Fountain over Cain, but he is worth a consideration if either or both are claimed.

Yeah I wouldn’t be blown away by any of those ending up on the PS.  I’d like to see them keep Johnson.  I liked him last year.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Johnson is the most obvious but any of the guys they released today the might take a look at.  It’s not impossible someone Dulian or Paton gets released and ends up on the PS after final cuts are done.  

Yeah, I didnt list any current Colts cuts on the list. Hoping whoever we want will be signed to PS.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Missing the Forum idol... Chad Kelly.

See above.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Its a 16 man PS. Dont see why there wouldnt be room for Fountain and Johnson

Just now, krunk said:

Its a 16 man PS. Dont see why there wouldnt be room for Fountain and Johnson

I did say they would keep 2. In the post you quoted. Just that I would take Johnson before Fountain.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

I imagine we carry 2 WRs on practice squad.

Even said that was the 2 I would prefer. Idk? Maybe you should check what you're reading?

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Idk? I guess people see what they want to see.

3 hours ago, w87r said:

Yeah ita 52nd 53rd man on roster if so. Just TE/OL depth thats needed.

Douglas and Sidney Jones are the ones that interest me to most.

I live outside Philly and watch a lot of Eagles football.  Eagles CB situation is bad and both of these guys have been terrible in the pros.  Perhaps another year removed from the achilles injury, Jones can turn it around but so far he has been nowhere near the pre injury 1st rd prospect.

if it was up to me I’d sign

hale hentges TE

Josh Andrews OL

cut

ziere Franklin  LB

Chaz green OL

Ps

Chad Kelly QB

Reese fountain WR

Marcus Johnson WR

Demicheal Harris WR

Andrew Volert TE

Javon Patterson OL

Even Boheim OL

jackson Barton OT

Rob Windsor DT

Gerri Green DE

Lee autry DL

Ziere Franklin Lb

Travis Reed Cb

Nate Hairston CB

Rutledge S

Hakeem Butler... Wow! I know he got injured last year but what happened this year? Damn... This must be one of my biggest misses in the draft. I doubt we go for him though. 

IMO TE will be one of the positions we address and CB is possibly the other one... I wonder if we don't have a trade up our sleeve. We have only 2 healthy TEs and it's putting a lot of hope on the waiver wire to get one that might be getting significant number of snaps week 1.

4 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

if it was up to me I’d sign

hale hentges TE

Josh Andrews OL

cut

ziere Franklin  LB

Chaz green OL

Ps

Chad Kelly QB

Reese fountain WR

Marcus Johnson WR

Demicheal Harris WR

Andrew Volert TE

Javon Patterson OL

Even Boheim OL

jackson Barton OT

Rob Windsor DT

Gerri Green DE

Lee autry DL

Ziere Franklin Lb

Travis Reed Cb

Nate Hairston CB

Rutledge S

The team has already basically chosen whatever a Chaz Green is over Josh Andrews though..... Wasn't a direct cut/replace moment, but still....could have had either, and kept only a Chaz.

Here are some players that IMO might be worth a look:

Trey Adams OT

Evan Boehm, OG

Dane Jackson CB

Gary Jennings WR

Michael Jackson CB

Ross Travis TE

Javelin Guidry CB

Lamar Jackson CB

Alex Taylor OT

AJ Green CB

Jordan Thomas TE

RJ Reed S

Derrek Tuszka DE

Jackson Barton OT

Breeland Speaks DL

Prince Amukamara CB

Charlie Taumoepeau TE

Caleb Wilson TE

Sidney Jones, CB

Rasul Douglas CB

Hale Hentges TE

Calvin Throckmorton OL

Hakeem Butler WR

OL - PTW (OT) is probably the only guy I go after strongly for the PS, outside of our own guys. Raw and needs development, but has all the tools. The Eagles have a great OL too, so no shame getting cut as a rook for them. There's a few other OLs out there that are interesting, just not sure how much of an upgrade they are.

TE - Personally I'd stand pat with only the three on the 53. I'd go after Hentges for the PS though. Just not a lot out there. And I think we can get buy just fine until Burton gets back (assuming Doyle is fine). I really like potential development from a guy like Vollert though. Definitely a project and more WR like right now, but a year of S&C and position coaching might do him well.

DBs - Nothing out there that I'd go after strongly for the 53, but there are a few guys I'd try to grab for our PS. HaHa, Amukamara, Jackson, etc. Hairston and Farley are both available.

WR - If we can retain Fountain and Johnson on the PS, I'm good. If one of those gets picked up, I'll happily take Cain back on the PS. Lawrence Cager, Jauan Jennings, and Gehrig Dieter are guys I'd try to take a look at for the PS as well. Moncrief is available too lol.

DL - There's not really any DEs or DTs out there from CD day that interest me. Jonathan Kongbo is a pure project that might be worth a PS spot. My only wish.... That Clowney doesn't end up in TN.

Archived