Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blankenship beats out Mclaughlin

CR91

• CR91 changed the title to Blankenship beats out Mclaughlin
2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I swear they cut Mclaughlin and kept Blankenship just so they could keep the streak of an undrafted FA making the team every year going. Conspiracy theory here, but I'm going with it. This was a terrible move. The more I think about this, the more it makes me mad.

Yeah, one of the biggest roster moves based off last season's kicking woes and we jeopardize team play by continuing a UDFA streak. Okay. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I swear they cut Mclaughlin and kept Blankenship just so they could keep the streak of an undrafted FA making the team every year going. Conspiracy theory here, but I'm going with it. This was a terrible move. The more I think about this, the more it makes me mad.

I think that definitely could have had something to do with it. I'm not mad about it, because I think Blankenship has every chance to be good... but if he struggles I know in my mind I'll be thinking they only kept him for the streak (whether that's fair or not, lol). I liked Chase.

Just now, Four2itus said:

When it comes to assuming that one knows more than the top level professionals in charge of the team, you certainly are consistent. 

The funny thing is, if the exact opposite happened, and I complained about Blankenship getting cut instead, you would of said the exact same thing. You are a yes man, plain and simple. I'm not even going to bother trying to have a civil talk with you about this.

8 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Yeah, one of the biggest roster moves based off last season's kicking woes and we jeopardize it by continuing a UDFA streak. Okay. 

In a business sense, Ballard can use it as a selling point after the draft each year when trying to sign UDFAs. So it isn't out of the question that he's doing this on purpose for a purpose.

25 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

did you even see Blankenship kick in college? cause by the way you speak about him it doesn't seem like you did he's one of the best in recent years and was damn near perfect on extra points his entire college career 

I had a feeling once Blankenship outplayed him in clutch time the final scrimmage as well as having the better pedigree in college the brass made their mind up.

Chase isnt bad could well be one of the best 32 and find a home . I write off his up and down rookie season to nerves somewhat, 50% from 40-49 wont win many fans and the bad miss for 49'ers in ot cost them the game vs Seattle but the bottom end of the league kickers isnt great.

This move may win me the roster contest on here as several had Chase (Some had both)

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

:facepalm:

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Patriots wanted Chase during waivers last year but we had a higher waiver priority at the time. Now I expect the patriots to go after him. I heard that they just released their drafted kicker.

Patriots just released a drafted kicker and Nick Folk. They are starting over at kicker.

I have a feeling this rookie is going to be the right choice.  He has the experience of playing in big stadiums and hostile crowds. Because he is a rookie, I think the coaching staff and everyone around him will pick up their game. Furthermore I have a feeling that his compadre, Rigoberto will calm Rodrigo with some calming and wise spanish sayings before his kicks.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well, he asked a stupid question, so I gave a stupid answer! hahahaha 

Despite your attempt at sarcasm, if you're not at camp and witnessing what's going on, then you have no knowledge on what happened.

For all we know, McLaughlin could have missed 200 kicks in a row.

Archived