Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merrill Hodge Is An Idiot

Grav

The biggest factor I see between the two that nobody is talking about is the weapons that each QB will have.

RG3 will have superior weapons by far as of how things are right now. That could make all the difference at

least in the short term.

Yes short term indeed, until the Colts monumental dead cap space clears next year.

Dont want to break your bubble but given the circumstances and how the owner operates and the way today's Colts is, if you are not a fan there isnt much to like.

You're absolutely right...the fact that we're about to draft ANOTHER franchise QB and we're re-shaping the entire team to be more physical than finesse. Oh, and not to mention we just brought in one of the better defensive minds in the league to run the show. Nope, nothing to like there.

Jealousy isn't easy to deal with, is it?

The biggest factor I see between the two that nobody is talking about is the weapons that each QB will have.

RG3 will have superior weapons by far as of how things are right now. That could make all the difference at

least in the short term.

c'mon it is the Redskins, they may have talent, but they are always underachievers.

The only problem with Luck, Griffin and Newton is that the other 2 will be in the NFC and Luck in the AFC. They won't be able to have that rivalry. Luck will need someone else, close to this age. How about Tebow with the Jets or the kid with the Bengals? Actually, Barkley would be a good one since they went at it in college.

As far as throwing distance, I remember the QB challenge that had Peyton in it and it is true. Almost everyone threw between 60-65 yards. Randal Cunningham and Vinnie Testeverde both threw it in the 70's +. I watched him throw 3 times and 'm sure Manning can't throw the ball 75 yards.

Dont want to break your bubble but given the circumstances and how the owner operates and the way today's Colts is, if you are not a fan there isnt much to like.

I see your perspective on this, but to me, its kind of like the way the Lions owner blew up his team a few years ago after McMillan did everything he could to destroy the franchise (the blowing up is similar, not the destroying the franchise part, although some might argue Polian wasn't doing the club any favors recently). I instantly became a fan, and have been excited to watch that team develop into quality competitors. I'm a long time fan of the Colts, but the recent changes have created curiosity, anxiety, anticipation and excitement in me that I haven't felt for the last 3+ years. It's like I'm a kid on Christmas morning, and I'm chomping at the bit to open this present to see what I got.

I think both guys have the physical skills. The part that concerns me is the decision making ability. If you look at the great QBs they not only make the adjustments before the snap but they can run through their progressions, pick the right receiver (most of the time), move in the pocket when needed, and not make stupid mistakes. Too many guys over the years that have had the physical skills have failed as NFL QBs due more to decision making than anything else IMO. So I want the guy that makes the best decisions.

least in the short term.

I wouldnt say RG3 has weapons only for a short term. they have alot of good young receivers on that team. Terrance Austin and Leonard Hankerson showed alot of promise last year and that was with a sucky QB in grossman. with RG3 i think they could turn into pro bowl receivers.

Hey everyone Redskins fan here. I've been reading this thread and i think most Colts and Redskins fans feel the same way and that is that Luck fits well in what the Colts wanna do an RG3 fits well in what the Skins want to do. I think the bottom line is both players will be great and I'm happy to be getting one of them. They are both high class young men that our both super smart and both ready to be the face of a franchise. No matter what happens whether Mr. Irsay does what everyone thinks and drafts Luck or shocks the world and drafts RG3 Im gonna be a happy man. The best news is even in all the professionals and media's evaluations it seems they nit pick over who is better but all say they are gonna be great. As a skins fan and all the terrible Qb's Ive witnessed I can finally say I'm happy. I still can't believe you guys go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck or RG3 it's unbelievable anyways thanks for reading and HERE"S TO AN AWESOME SEASON.

Hey everyone Redskins fan here. I've been reading this thread and i think most Colts and Redskins fans feel the same way and that is that Luck fits well in what the Colts wanna do an RG3 fits well in what the Skins want to do. I think the bottom line is both players will be great and I'm happy to be getting one of them. They are both high class young men that our both super smart and both ready to be the face of a franchise. No matter what happens whether Mr. Irsay does what everyone thinks and drafts Luck or shocks the world and drafts RG3 Im gonna be a happy man. The best news is even in all the professionals and media's evaluations it seems they nit pick over who is better but all say they are gonna be great. As a skins fan and all the terrible Qb's Ive witnessed I can finally say I'm happy. I still can't believe you guys go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck or RG3 it's unbelievable anyways thanks for reading and HERE"S TO AN AWESOME SEASON.

Welcome..

Even though we under rebuilding I still thinks is gonna be a awesome season, I don't care if we loose some games, the new players will make it exciting to watch, and hopefully gives us a picture of a bright future

least in the short term.

This is true..... Suh-Per man

as Tom Cruise would say...

....I feel the need for speed.....(at the WR positions)