Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Center Ryan Kelly To Contract Extension

Douzer

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

And Rappoport also says $34m in guarantees.

Seems a bit lighter than I was expecting. I was guessing it’d be in the 15 mil per range. Not sure how I’m liking this 60+ percent guaranteed thing though.

44 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Boy. We’ve sure come a long way from Jonotthan Harrison...

Or Satallee (spelling) or AQ Shipley

33 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I thought the Brissett contract prevented us from signing a contract like this? :dunno:

Funny. Who knows, maybe we do in fact cut him to save money now haha

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Glad they locked him up.  The next couple of years are going to show if Ballard can work his magic with the contracts.  That O-Line will want (and probably deserve) to get paid.

Then there's a certain LB as well....

After paying all our top guys, Ballard will have to use his draft magic to sprinkle the team with solid picks on 1st contracts in order to sustain the team we have under the cap. It's easy right now, but when Ballard hits on so many picks like he does, there may have to be decisions made in the future to cut good players or trade them. Hopefully we can build a dynasty while Ballard is here and win a SB or two.

Teams love to sign a top player in the first week of September.   It’s right before the start of the season and it juices up the locker room.   It says to all players that if you live up to your ability, the team WILL reward you.

Great way to kick-off your season.  

Congrats to Kelly and the team! 

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Glad they locked him up.  The next couple of years are going to show if Ballard can work his magic with the contracts.  That O-Line will want (and probably deserve) to get paid.

Then there's a certain LB as well....

I forget the name, but there's a respected cap guru and contract expert employed by the colts (much like all teams have) And he's done a heckuva job.... Lock that man up along with CB!

Great!  People sing the praises of Q, and for good reason, but offensive play begins with the center, no question.  Nothing kills drives like a bad play by the center.

I'd rather have a top player at center than at almost any other position on the field.  And Kelly is IMHO one of the top centers in the NFL right now.

Super happy to lock him up. Much deserved, but not a big fan of setting the market with the $. The delta from 1st to 5th is small, so not a big deal. I see him somewhere between 3rd and 6th best in the league, and I'm sure someone will get a bigger contract before too long anyway. 

Hope it's front loaded. At least it's at Center, which is not a crazy position in terms of $.

Anyway, awesome news, and glad we have continuity at the position for the next 5 years.

8 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Where do you see that? It’s just showing his current amount for this year.

There is a section on the site where you click on the player and you can click on a couple of choices to see what effect your choice has on his cap number and the cap hit for the team.  There are a couple of choices.  For example releasing a player or the one I chose extending a player.  

Archived