Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut trackers!

1 minute ago, PureLuck said:

Well if the Colts thought that way every year our TE room would be empty right now ^^

It is pretty empty right now...especially without Burton. Hentges would be a decent guy to groom as a blocking TE...but he is not a dynamic receiving threat. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way.  That dude had me send him 10k to free him from a Nigerian Prison back in the early 2000's and his father, the King of The ofogono tribe, never repaide tenfold ...  I don't trust him any longe

https://www.nfl.com/news/player-cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-finalize-53-man-rosters-for-2020-season   Figured they’ll start rolling in soon

Hence why I said it would be a surprise cut...  I didn't say I think they will, I said that I think the surprise cut, if any, would be Jacoby.   That said, if the Colts FO is making choices

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

HH made some darn good grabs, so not going to pigeon hole him just yet. But I agree to an extent. I just don't see we're going to see a lot of availability for good TEs.

He’s slow and has no burst. I won’t pigeon hole him either...it’s just hard to see a huge ceiling there...as a pass catcher.

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

He’s slow and has no burst. I won’t pigeon hole him either...it’s just hard to see a huge ceiling there...as a pass catcher.

But was also noted as running great routes and cuts, and was getting separation. 

Not saying he's great, or a long term fix. But IMO he's as good as any of the guys we have right now after the top 3

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

So what cut TE do you want

Every one cut so far has at least one flaw in their game

I just assumed they would carry 4...especially with Burton hurt...so I would cut Grimble and Green.

But I also don’t really want to add Hentges...I am hoping someone better is released OR Ballard can swing a trade.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

But was also noted as running great routes and cuts, and was getting separation. 

Not saying he's great, or a long term fix. But IMO he's as good as any of the guys we have right now after the top 3

Was that camp hype from last year? I would stash him on the PS...no doubt. 

On 9/3/2020 at 4:43 PM, Imgrandojji said:

A lot of fans double down on the whole receiver thing pretending that the poor performance of receivers is on Brissett.  Brissett didn't make Parris Campbell, TY Hilton and Devin Funchess get hurt.  Brissett was not responsible for the complete disappearance of Deon Cain.  Players who could work with Brissett, like Zach Pascal, and Marcus Johnson, were effective and able to expand their roles on the team.  But with literally 4 of the opening day receivers either ineffective or unavailable for most of the year, what exactly do we expect of the passing attack?   Brissett had virtually nothing to work with, especially when TY started coming up gimpy.

Hell, this is WHY TY started coming up gimpy, because other WR didn't step hup and secondaries could hang themselves on TY like laundry every Sunday night.  The whole year I was BEGGING Ballard to pick up a legit WR2.  Never did it.  I still don't understand why.  Even with Brissett slowing down we were still in the playoff picture thanks to the running core.  If we'd had that guy to take the receiving pressure off TY, the guy Funchess was suppsed to be before he got hurt, we could easily have made the playoffs, even with Brissett under center.

Do you mean pick up a WR number two after Cambell was hurt? I'm not sure there was a lot available at that level. Although at some point you gotta throw bodies at the position. 

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Do you mean pick up a WR number two after Cambell was hurt? I'm not sure there was a lot available at that level. Although at some point you gotta throw bodies at the position. 

At the time I was all for seeing the team go after either Mohammed Sanu or Danny Amendola to cement that role and provide experienced depths.  I still think either of those players would be a good add.

4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

At the time I was all for seeing the team go after either Mohammed Sanu or Danny Amendola to cement that role and provide experienced depths.  I still think either of those players would be a good add.

I wouldnt have complained myself. Im just glad last year is past lol 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

What I am most interested in is the kicker position.  Who won it and what happens to the runner-up.  How the QB position shakes out is my number 2. 

Gonna guess most would predict McLaughlin as the winner, and PR/JB/JE + CK(PS). 

My interests are primarily WR and DB. Both will have some tough decisions. 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

With the Vollert Cut looks like the Colts are only going to carry 3 regular TEs and/or go to the waiver wire for a 4th

Green and Grimble are still there aren't they? Not saying they make it, but I think either one would be a keep over Vollert. 

Personally, I'd only keep 3

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I hope he makes it back

His profile is interesting for sure.

Here is the NFL Trade rumor list of Colt Cuts

Matt Lengel, Brandon Wellington, Cedrick Lang, Darius Jackson, Jegs Jegede, Picasso Nelson,  Rodney Adams, Travis Vornkahl, Malik Henry, Kendall Coleman, Ian Bunting, Chad Williams,  Bruce Anderson, Andrew Donnal, Roosevelt Nix, Artavis Scott, Brandon Hunter, Donald Rutledge, Kameron Cline, Travis Reed,  Andre Chachere, Andrew Vollert, Dominique Dafney, Tremon Smith

Just now, w87r said:

Biggest shock so far, at least on terms of how he has performed 

All the reports I saw about him were vs 3rd team OL. 

That said, just didn't take the hoopla too serious. 

He's undersized and had some bad film vs quality oponents.

• Like 1