Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut trackers!

csmopar

1 minute ago, PureLuck said:

Well if the Colts thought that way every year our TE room would be empty right now ^^

It is pretty empty right now...especially without Burton. Hentges would be a decent guy to groom as a blocking TE...but he is not a dynamic receiving threat. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

HH made some darn good grabs, so not going to pigeon hole him just yet. But I agree to an extent. I just don't see we're going to see a lot of availability for good TEs.

He’s slow and has no burst. I won’t pigeon hole him either...it’s just hard to see a huge ceiling there...as a pass catcher.

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

He’s slow and has no burst. I won’t pigeon hole him either...it’s just hard to see a huge ceiling there...as a pass catcher.

But was also noted as running great routes and cuts, and was getting separation. 

Not saying he's great, or a long term fix. But IMO he's as good as any of the guys we have right now after the top 3

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

So what cut TE do you want

Every one cut so far has at least one flaw in their game

I just assumed they would carry 4...especially with Burton hurt...so I would cut Grimble and Green.

But I also don’t really want to add Hentges...I am hoping someone better is released OR Ballard can swing a trade.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

But was also noted as running great routes and cuts, and was getting separation. 

Not saying he's great, or a long term fix. But IMO he's as good as any of the guys we have right now after the top 3

Was that camp hype from last year? I would stash him on the PS...no doubt. 

On 9/3/2020 at 4:43 PM, Imgrandojji said:

A lot of fans double down on the whole receiver thing pretending that the poor performance of receivers is on Brissett.  Brissett didn't make Parris Campbell, TY Hilton and Devin Funchess get hurt.  Brissett was not responsible for the complete disappearance of Deon Cain.  Players who could work with Brissett, like Zach Pascal, and Marcus Johnson, were effective and able to expand their roles on the team.  But with literally 4 of the opening day receivers either ineffective or unavailable for most of the year, what exactly do we expect of the passing attack?   Brissett had virtually nothing to work with, especially when TY started coming up gimpy.

Hell, this is WHY TY started coming up gimpy, because other WR didn't step hup and secondaries could hang themselves on TY like laundry every Sunday night.  The whole year I was BEGGING Ballard to pick up a legit WR2.  Never did it.  I still don't understand why.  Even with Brissett slowing down we were still in the playoff picture thanks to the running core.  If we'd had that guy to take the receiving pressure off TY, the guy Funchess was suppsed to be before he got hurt, we could easily have made the playoffs, even with Brissett under center.

Do you mean pick up a WR number two after Cambell was hurt? I'm not sure there was a lot available at that level. Although at some point you gotta throw bodies at the position. 

2 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Do you mean pick up a WR number two after Cambell was hurt? I'm not sure there was a lot available at that level. Although at some point you gotta throw bodies at the position. 

At the time I was all for seeing the team go after either Mohammed Sanu or Danny Amendola to cement that role and provide experienced depths.  I still think either of those players would be a good add.

4 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

At the time I was all for seeing the team go after either Mohammed Sanu or Danny Amendola to cement that role and provide experienced depths.  I still think either of those players would be a good add.

I wouldnt have complained myself. Im just glad last year is past lol 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

What I am most interested in is the kicker position.  Who won it and what happens to the runner-up.  How the QB position shakes out is my number 2. 

Gonna guess most would predict McLaughlin as the winner, and PR/JB/JE + CK(PS). 

My interests are primarily WR and DB. Both will have some tough decisions. 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

With the Vollert Cut looks like the Colts are only going to carry 3 regular TEs and/or go to the waiver wire for a 4th

Green and Grimble are still there aren't they? Not saying they make it, but I think either one would be a keep over Vollert. 

Personally, I'd only keep 3

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I hope he makes it back

His profile is interesting for sure.

Here is the NFL Trade rumor list of Colt Cuts

Matt Lengel, Brandon Wellington, Cedrick Lang, Darius Jackson, Jegs Jegede, Picasso Nelson,  Rodney Adams, Travis Vornkahl, Malik Henry, Kendall Coleman, Ian Bunting, Chad Williams,  Bruce Anderson, Andrew Donnal, Roosevelt Nix, Artavis Scott, Brandon Hunter, Donald Rutledge, Kameron Cline, Travis Reed,  Andre Chachere, Andrew Vollert, Dominique Dafney, Tremon Smith

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40018124/source-bengals-pro-bowl-de-trey-hendrickson-requests-trade  
    • Final edition, call it a less penalty driven team draft.   The Colts trade up on Day 1.   Round 1 a)       WR Rome Odunze (Washington) – led all receivers in CFB in pass interference call draws with 9 in 2023. b)      LCB Quinyon Mitchell (Toledo) – Only had 3 penalties in the last two seasons. c)       WLB Edgerrin Cooper (Texas A&M)   Round 2  a)      OL Cooper Beebe (Kansas State) – Jack of all trades OL No matter where Cooper Beebe lines up, he produces elite play. At right tackle in 2020, he was a PFF honorable mention All-Big 12 honoree. As a left tackle in 2021, he was named first-team All-Big 12. In 2022 at left guard, Beebe was a second-team All-American.  Beebe's 94.0 pass-blocking grade over the past two seasons led all offensive linemen in college football. During that span, he didn’t allow a sack on 770 pass-blocking snaps.  Beebe is the only FBS guard who ranks in the top five in both PB (4th) and RB (2nd).  He still hasn’t allowed a sack since the 2020 season. 2023 earned college football midseason all-America First Team.   Very few penalties throughout his career. b)      FS/NCB Javon Bullard (Georgia) – only had 5 penalties in college. c)       SS Jaden Hicks (Washington State) – 2023 PFF TOW 2 honors. Leader on defense that off to a strong start for 2023 earning a 90.1 PFF grade in coverage with one interception after 3 weeks, dropped another but forced 4 incompletions.  Great field and anticipation skills along with ball production.  Versatile can align up in FS, SS, LB, or nickel.  Only had 3 penalties in 2023.   Round 3 a)       CB Khyree Jackson (Oregon) – 2023 PFF TOW 4 honors.  Jackson had a decent Senior Bowl Week and is best in Zone Coverage. Jackson’s got excellent height we covet at 6’3” with great weight at 203 pounds, with ideal arms 32” and the span of 78” and good 4.44s-Forty.  Only committed 4 penalties in 2023. b)       DB Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (Texas Tech) - only 7 career penalties with 200 tackles, 57 stops, 11 pressues, 3 sacks, 16 passes defended, and 10 interceptions. c)       LCB Kris Abrams-Draine (Missouri) - 2023 PFF TOW 4 honors.  After 6 games leads all FBS players with 8 PBUs (1.8 PDPG) while adding 3 INTs.   10 combined interceptions and (7) forced incompletions are the most among Power Five CBs while only allowing 11 catches all season. 2023 college football midseason all-America First Team.  His 86.8 coverage grade is 5th highest in the FBS allowing just 107 passing yards and 11 receptions on the season. d)      SWR Malik Washington (Virginia) – Josh Downs 2.0 and only committed 4 total penalties in five years (52 career games).   Round 4 a)      RG Zak Zinter (Michigan) 2022 PFF Week 5, 11, 12 TOW Honors. 2023 earned college football midseason all-America Second Team. Wasn’t called for a single penalty on 649 snaps. b)      FS Cole Bishop (Utah) junior if he declares – After 5 weeks in 2023, targeted 13 times, 4 catches allowed, 2 INTs, and 4.8 passer rating allowed.  Had a decent Senior Bowl week. Ejected for a targeting penalty.  In 3 years only allowed 7 penalties. c)       RB Isaac Guerendo (Louisville) – 9.97 RAS   Round 5 a)       WLB Michael Barrett (Michigan) PFF TOW 7 honors, round 5 projection had an outstanding year with an overall 90.6 defense grade only behind Edgerrin Cooper.  An 82.5 run defense grade, a 93.5 pass rush grade, and a 77.0 coverage grade.  Didn’t commit a defensive penalty in more than 1800 defensive snaps. b)      SS Malik Mustapha (Wake Forest) – Zero career penalties c)       SS Kitan Oladapo (Oregon St) – only 4 accepted penalties in final 30 games.   Round 6 a)       Edge Jalyx Hunt (Houston Christian) b)      WR Ryan Flournoy (SE Missouri St) c)       Edge Javontae Jean-Baptiste (ND)   Round 7 a)      LG/C Michael Jurgens (Wake Forest) – Only one of two guards in the Power Five with an 80.0 PB and RB grades.   After 10 weeks has an 86.5 PFF grade with his 90.0 run-blocking grade is nearly 5 points higher than the next-best guard.  2023 earned college football midseason all-America Second Team.  Only committed 3 penalties all season in 2023. b)      OC Matt Lee Miami (FL) 2023 earned college football midseason all-America Honorable Mention. PFF TOW 9 honors.  In 2022 he had an 82.5 overall grade with a 90.6 PB and 80.6 RB grade.  As of Oct 15th, Lee is the highest graded center in all FBS earning an 82.7 PFF grade.  Only allowed 2 penalties in 2022 on 1059 offensive snaps given up only four pressures and no sacks. c)       MLB Dallas Gant (Toledo) - 2023 college football midseason all-America Honorable Mention
    • Holy cow!     And then shows he should have been picked top 5 
    • This goes against everything Ballard would do, however it would be something that Irsay would love to do as he is a romantic. Probability is very very low though.
    • This would make us much better and talk about excitement, we really haven't been legit good since 2020 when Rivers surprisingly played good and Taylor was up and coming, + Leonard was a maniac back then. I have had tremendous patience with this team and Ballard. It's time to crap or get off the pot, being average gets old after a while. This fanbase is used to us making the playoffs every year, when it hasn't happened in 3 seasons, time to do something.
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,317

Moderators
    • Archer

Archer 1,756

• Solid84

Solid84 6,584

• TheBlueAndWhite

TheBlueAndWhite 154

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,426