Cut trackers!

csmopar

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Thought they had until5

Sept. 5

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/NonFootball Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

Sept. 6

Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.

The following players were waived:

» CB Andre Chachere

» DT Kameron Kline

» TE Dominique Dafney

» G Jake Eldrenkamp

» WR Daurice Fountain

» TE Farrod Green

» DE Gerri Green

» WR DeMichael Harris

» T Brandon Hitner

» WR Marcus Johnson

» QB Chad Kelly

» K Chase McLaughlin

» T Carter O'Donnell

» C Javon Patterson

» CB Lafayette Pitts

» CB Jackson Porter

» CB Travis Reed

» S Donald Rutledge

» CB Tremon Smith

» TE Andrew Vollert

» DT Chris Williams

» DT Robert Windsor

——————

The following players were released:

» TE Xavier Grimble

» C Joey Hunt

Waived

» CB Andre Chachere

» DT Kameron Kline

» TE Dominique Dafney

» G Jake Eldrenkamp

» WR Daurice Fountain

» TE Farrod Green

» DE Gerri Green

» WR DeMichael Harris

» T Brandon Hitner

» WR Marcus Johnson

» QB Chad Kelly

» K Chase McLaughlin

» T Carter O'Donnell

» C Javon Patterson

» CB Lafayette Pitts

» CB Jackson Porter

» CB Travis Reed

» S Donald Rutledge

» CB Tremon Smith

» TE Andrew Vollert

» DT Chris Williams

» DT Robert Windsor

——————

Released

» TE Xavier Grimble

» C Joey Hunt

——————

PUP/Reserve

» DE Kemoko Turay

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The risk is that they are never much better than Kwitty Paye or the rest of the roster.  We all want a good pass rusher but we could get a day one starter thats less risky somewhere else.   I know positional value is a thing and to me CB and WR should be high on the list.   I can see putting DE over them but taking a risk on potential vs drafting a starter should be considered too.
    • Yep. Ideally you draft a player that high for the next 10+ year and not for their rookie year. BUT lately I've been thinking about something else - part of the appeal of the rookie contract is the limited money you are giving the player compared to the production they are giving you. It's not super high on my list of things to consider but losing on the value of one year of those 4-5 rookie deal years is not negligible. In most cases it probably won't influence my decision, but if 2 players have similar value in my estimation, I would probably choose the one for whom I project faster/easier path to contributing for my team. 
    • yeah this concept of not being the year to draft an edge rusher is strange. We shouldn’t be drafting for need at #15. We should be drafting for the best player that we can put on this roster, positional value factored in. I would dispute that this isn’t the year. I think it could very well be. What a better d-line to be on the depth chart on than one with uncertainty at the edge moving forward in contract years. Let a rookie stud go out occasionally and get experience/see what he’s about. We might find a true pass rusher at 15.    what I would argue is it’s not the year to draft one of our “needs” at receiver or corner considering how deep these classes are. Day 2 should be just fine there. 
    • I don't understand this way of thinking.   When you draft a player in the first round, they sign a four year contract, with an option for a fifth year. If the player is as good as you hope, then the intention is likely to sign them to a second contract for another 4-5 years. So if you hope that this player is a foundational piece of your roster for the next decade, then why would you be so absorbed in the player's playing time in Year 1?   Specific to the Colts at DE, we do not have a game changing pass rusher right now. I like Kwity and Dayo, but so far, they aren't foundational pieces. They're both going into contract years, depending on whether the team picks up Kwity's option. And we have Ebukam, who is also good, but not a game changer. There's no reason any of these players can't be challenged for playing time, especially in pass rush situations. Dayo and Lewis play DE, but also rotate at 3T, so that can be worked out. And there are injuries, which will open up playing time.   DE historically has a learning curve, even for good players. Kayvon Thibodeaux was the 5th pick in 2022, he played 14 games as a rookie, 444 pass rush snaps, and had 4 sacks. He played 17 games in 2023, 498 pass rush snaps, 13 sacks.    Ultimately, passing on a high level edge rush prospect because you're not sure he can start in Year 1 seems incredibly shortsighted. 
  • Members