Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut trackers!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way.  That dude had me send him 10k to free him from a Nigerian Prison back in the early 2000's and his father, the King of The ofogono tribe, never repaide tenfold ...  I don't trust him any longe

https://www.nfl.com/news/player-cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-finalize-53-man-rosters-for-2020-season   Figured they’ll start rolling in soon

Hence why I said it would be a surprise cut...  I didn't say I think they will, I said that I think the surprise cut, if any, would be Jacoby.   That said, if the Colts FO is making choices

Thanks! I see quite a few names already showing across the NFL on that list. Colts show Nix, Bunting, and Donnal at the moment.

Colts practice tomorrow (Thursday) and have Friday off. Then Saturday is cut day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, I think we're gonna see either Easton or Kelly cut, but I think the surprise might be Brissett. 

You think the Colts are going to cut the guy who just led the team in their Black Lives Matter video?

Seriously?

Wow......

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think the Colts are going to cut the guy who just led the team in their Black Lives Matter video?

Seriously?

Wow......

Hence why I said it would be a surprise cut...  I didn't say I think they will, I said that I think the surprise cut, if any, would be Jacoby.

That said, if the Colts FO is making choices based on one's social stances and not football ability, that's a whole other matter that is highly concerning.

• Like 8
51 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Honestly, I think we're gonna see either Easton or Kelly cut, but I think the surprise might be Brissett. 

Wishful thinking.  The Colts have made it clear he’s the backup and Eason and Kelly are fighting for the third qb spot.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Wishful thinking.  The Colts have made it clear he’s the backup and Eason and Kelly are fighting for the third qb spot.

I didn't say I was wishing or hoping he was cut.  The question was " wonder if we'll have any surprise cuts?"  To me, Brissett would be a surprise cut... 

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I didn't say I was wishing or hoping he was cut.  The question was " wonder if we'll have any surprise cuts?"  To me, Brissett would be a surprise cut... 

so would Phillip Rivers.  You know why?  It’s not going to happen.  

• Haha 1
Just now, csmopar said:

true but still, anything is possible.  I don't think JB goes anywhere but never know until the ink dries.

And you don’t know Phillip Rivers isn’t getting cut either then.  Now that we’ve established that anyone COULD be cut I don’t think that’s what the OP meant.  

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

And you don’t know Phillip Rivers isn’t getting cut either then.  Now that we’ve established that anyone COULD be cut I don’t think that’s what the OP meant.  

fine, what is your definition of a "surprise cut"?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

fine, what is your definition of a "surprise cut"?

A realistic surprise.  Just naming players on the roster that aren’t getting cut isn’t the point.  Someone like chase or someone on the D-line, or one of the WRs they probably aren’t keeping six are the most realistic options to me.  

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

no more likely than Brissett

Not sure why you are getting beat up over this.  I thought JB Could be viewed as a “surprise cut” when i read it.  I think we’d all be surprised, so.......

The only way i could see that is if they feel theres not much drop off from JB to Kelly.  Eason wont be ready for 2020 so no use to discuss that.  We’re really talking about production of JB vs Kelly as the backup.  If they dont feel Kelly could give them a chance to win, then you gotta keep JB for the year.

The bummer this uear is we’re gonna cut some guys i like.  I wanna keep 4 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs (at least), depth at OL, a bunch of DL, and TEs are an issue,   We just cant keep them all.

Would Eason be grabbed off PS?  Would Kelly?  
 This cut-down will be very interesting.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not sure why you are getting beat up over this.  I thought JB Could be viewed as a “surprise cut” when i read it.  I think we’d all be surprised, so.......

The only way i could see that is if they feel theres not much drop off from JB to Kelly.  Eason wont be ready for 2020 so no use to discuss that.  We’re really talking about production of JB vs Kelly as the backup.  If they dont feel Kelly could give them a chance to win, then you gotta keep JB for the year.

The bummer this uear is we’re gonna cut some guys i like.  I wanna keep 4 QBs, 4 RBs, 6 WRs (at least), depth at OL, a bunch of DL, and TEs are an issue,   We just cant keep them all.

I don't think he is getting beat up at all. He knows it's all in jest. 

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

meh, I used to it :rock: but yes, I agree.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think he is getting beat up at all. He knows it's all in jest. 

i rarely ever take anything on this forum but in jest haha 

• Haha 4

Chester isnt worst wr ever, though getting cut but Phins who wr group is between 29-32 likely mean his NFL career at this point probably over, wouldnt be shocked to see him resurface in new XFL 3.0 next year, though turning back to movies where he came from could be in the cards as well.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Chester isnt worst wr ever, though getting cut but Phins who wr group is between 29-32 likely mean his NFL career at this point probably over, wouldnt be shocked to see him resurface in new XFL 3.0 next year, though turning back to movies where he came from could be in the cards as well.

I liked Chester.  Underdog, Over-achiever type imo.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I liked Chester.  Underdog, Over-achiever type imo.

He was productive (2nd most yards in 2018) with Luck. And he was running wide open in the seam a lot last year while on the field. He's certainly not great, but certainly not the worst lol. I'm glad we upgraded, but he was a good team mate and hard worker.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Hence why I said it would be a surprise cut...  I didn't say I think they will, I said that I think the surprise cut, if any, would be Jacoby.

That said, if the Colts FO is making choices based on one's social stances and not football ability, that's a whole other matter that is highly concerning.

I’m not saying they’d making it based on his Social Stances....   I’m saying the back up is a leader on the team based on his............

LEADERSHIP! 

I don’t see this F.O. cutting or trading JB, despite what so many here (not you) might want.  If we agree that the Colts are all-in on this season (and we appear to be) then keeping the clear and obvious backup would seem to be the only move for the Colts.   Sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, csmopar said:

We can only hope so.

Brissett brought us a 30th ranked passing attack last year and is costing us way too much for what we get.

Kelly can definitely do better and maybe Eason can too.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO no QB's will be cut, especially with this Covid-19 virus.

I don’t think they keep four QBs at least at first.  It’s very likely they can get Kelly back if the need him.  Also this is a team that historically only keeps two in most years so keeping three is already keeping more than normally do.

39 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think they keep four QBs at least at first.  It’s very likely they can get Kelly back if the need him.  Also this is a team that historically only keeps two in most years so keeping three is already keeping more than normally do.

IMO we will keep Eason on the active roster and Kelly will remain on the PS. Rivers and JB will be 1 and 2. That is what I meant by 4 QB's.

54 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

We can only hope so.

Brissett brought us a 30th ranked passing attack last year and is costing us way too much for what we get.

Kelly can definitely do better and maybe Eason can too.

Do you follow the Colts much?

If you did, you’d know what Chris Ballard thinks of JB.   If you did, you’d know what Frank Reich thinks if him.   If you did, you’d know what the team thinks of JB.  But you seem completely unaware.   

Look, you’re entitled to any opinion you want.  But you seem to be trying to stop a tidal wave with a screen door.   Good luck with that! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Kelly should be the one cut and on PS.  Not a single team in the league wanted him last year, bad enough to give a roster spot anyway.... And someone would grab a fourth rd. Rookie QB and take a look for a few weeks at least.... 

Honestly, if Eason was the cut, and they lost him.... Reich and Ballard would look at least a little foolish.... 4th round picks are no guarantee, but it would be an uncharacteristic waste.... And potentially leave them with 0 signed QBs heading into the offseason.... Really don't see the team that got burned a few times by their QB as doing that...

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you did, you’d know what Chris Ballard thinks of JB.   If you did, you’d know what Frank Reich thinks if him.   If you did, you’d know what the team thinks of JB.  But you seem completely unaware.   

Look, you’re entitled to any opinion you want.  But you seem to be trying to stop a tidal wave with a screen door.   Good luck with that! 

He hates JB, I have seen enough of his posts to know. He isn't getting cut so sorry about the haters luck.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You are right .... But damn I'll be glad when some other HC, GM, and team think that highly of their newly signed backup QB, Brissett.... He's a nice dude though....

• Like 1